IGNORED

I'm not very well and I don't know where else to go

Porto Red

What is this doing in the transfer forum, please transfer me and my post to the psych ward, thanks again for all of you amazing people for giving me a laugh on top of my partial breakdown of this evening 

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

What a fantastic group of people on here! Restores my faith in humanity. 

There's no heart emoji so consider this it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

There are a lot of really good people on here and a lot of replies that deserve my proper response, I will get round to when I can. Just went to say really and emotionally, thank you for being here for me, I know you would have done so for someone else who really needed it 

I'm sure everyone here will agree that you do not need to take the time to reply to all those posts.

We all just wish you well and are here if you need us.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Sorry I ran out of likes, thank you each one of you who took the time to reply, I feel suitably embarrassed now because there are most people in life with better reasons to be messed up than mine, just all came to a head this evening but I'm ok really. You guys are heroes really. I'm going back in my shell now .

Dear Porto Red,

Good to hear you're okay and feeling better.

No need to feel embarrassed or apologise.

It looks like you have a lot supportive and understanding friends on here.

Take care and do speak privately to someone. 

50 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Sorry I ran out of likes, thank you each one of you who took the time to reply, I feel suitably embarrassed now because there are most people in life with better reasons to be messed up than mine, just all came to a head this evening but I'm ok really. You guys are heroes really. I'm going back in my shell now .

Hello @Porto Red I've only just seen your opening post and you can add my name to the list who are willing for you to send a private message.

We all go through dark moments in our lives. My first wife took her own life so I've experienced both sides of life. So I'm always here to listen and try to help.

PS. A good cry can work wonders.

After the rain comes sunshine.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 11
  • Robin 4

27 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

You people should be proud of yourselves, you really got me through this evening of some kind of dark tea time of the soul, and each time I come back to catch up on the comments, I start blubbering again. Thank you each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart and soul, you made a difference to someone today.

Is that a reference to Douglas Adams' The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul? If so, nice one!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porto Red said:

Never feel that you should diminish how you feel or compare yourselves to others. Sometimes the brain is gonna be out of whack, and that's okay. We are all here to support you in whatever way you need. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porto Red said:

Hi mate. I really hope you are ok. Please don’t feel embarrassed or compare your situation to others. We all have our own battles and struggles in life, but right now how you feel is what’s important. Not other people and their reasons. You are important mate. Don’t lose sight of that.

Feel free to drop me a DM anytime. I am here for you if you want to talk. The last 6 months of my life have been incredibly tough and I have been in a bad place myself and whilst this post isn’t about me, it’s about you, I can at least try and relate and use any experience I have had should you want to talk. If you want to talk I am here. Stay strong mate.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

This place is the best sometimes. Glad to hear you’re feeling a little better, Porto Red. Please remember there are plenty of people out there who will listen and help, and as others have said, OTIB isn’t a bad place to start! Feel free to drop a DM; or if you’re anywhere near Maidenhead (doubt it, given the username) then give me a shout to catch up sometime.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Stay out of the shell mate. 

Don't know what it is, or if I can help, but I'm a good listener. Consider my name added to the list of DM options. ?

And mods... get the 'good to talk' thread pinned back on Football Chat where it can be seen. I fact, pin it on EVERY subforum.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 9

All credit to you for speaking out and asking for help. Don’t ever feel you need to apologise for or justify not being in a great place. Yes - lots of people have things going on but that doesn’t in any way mean the things you have going on are not valid.

Hope you are feeling better today and whatever there is going on in your life that can be resolved finds a way to resolve itself. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Never feel embarrassed about calling for help. Please don’t judge your situation by other people’s (I know we all do it) but sometimes we all need a bit of help/reassurance.

?

• Thanks 1

Re-build brick by brick. Sometimes, when you’re not strong , stay still and even if it’s just two bricks that’s progress. 

You’ve already started. An absolute brilliant ‘reach out’ on a sub-forum full of people who you don’t know but who care, many no doubt having experienced life lows. You are not alone. 

• Like 2