IGNORED

Taylor Gardner-Hickman - Signing confirmed

CyderInACan

Opinion from baggies mate: re T-H: based on mixture of observation ( mostly live watching, almost all of it via Sky ) & circumstantial evidence....altho' he can tackle well & strongly & he's quick over the ground, he's prone to be rash as a full-back.
I much prefer him as an attacking midfielder on the right hand side with creative skills, will run beyond the attackers when appropriate....& can score goals, indeed quite a few already for WBA.
My coup de grat : I think he's got a lot more potential than 
Mulumby, who is in CC's preferred team at present time.

1 minute ago, LondonRobin said:

Opinion from baggies mate: re T-H: based on mixture of observation ( mostly live watching, almost all of it via Sky ) & circumstantial evidence....altho' he can tackle well & strongly & he's quick over the ground, he's prone to be rash as a full-back.
I much prefer him as an attacking midfielder on the right hand side with creative skills, will run beyond the attackers when appropriate....& can score goals, indeed quite a few already for WBA.
My coup de grat : I think he's got a lot more potential than 
Mulumby, who is in CC's preferred team at present time.

I've rated Mulumby very highly since he dominated a game at AG for Millwall. If TGH is better than that sounds good to me

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I've rated Mulumby very highly since he dominated a game at AG for Millwall. If TGH is better than that sounds good to me

I remember that game, great wasn’t he?  Hasn’t kicked on from that season imho, still a tidy player, but I thought he was going to make it at Brighton.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Really good explainer from Corberan….especially to those of the view “he must be shit if West Brom are getting rid of him”.

I know youre aiming that more at the naughty negative OTIB people, but...

That's kind of a long winded way of saying he wasn't good enough to start. Ie it's a meritocracy and he didn't get in on merit. Our opinion is that Nige doesn't promise minutes so I guess Corberan is more referring to our current injury situation? 

He showed promise last night. Let's hope he can develop whatever it is that he's missing and kick on with us.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Really good explainer from Corberan….especially to those of the view “he must be shit if West Brom are getting rid of him”.

That's kind of a long winded way of saying he wasn't good enough to start. Ie it's a meritocracy and he didn't get in on merit. Our opinion is that Nige doesn't promise minutes so I guess Corberan is more referring to our current injury situation? 

He showed promise last night. Let's hope he can develop whatever it is that he's missing and kick on with us.

30 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think the other bit Corberan doesn’t mention (mentioned in other articles by Lewis Cox), but is very important…he wants to bring players in, and he can’t get rid of the others!  I bet if you asked him honestly whether he’d have preferred to get rid of one of the other players on say £30k p.w. he would’ve (Mowatt or Chalobah especially).

• Like 1

On 25/08/2023 at 08:43, Br1stolCityBoy said:

I know what you mean. But if you have an iPhone and scroll down so that the text box appears, to the left you will see 2 capital A’s, (one small and one large). Tap them and in the box tap Show Reader. This will then hide the adverts for what you want to read. You will have to do that every time for each article you’re trying to read. Hope this helps. 

That’s just changed by life! ??

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mozo said:

I find it interesting that although we apparently have a option to buy at the end of the season, Corberan is talking like he would happily have him back. 

I am looking forward to seeing him play.

2 hours ago, alexukhc said:

His shot near the end against Hull was a rocket, shame it was blocked

There's a video on page 9 of this thread of his first goal for Albion.

I'm praying that's how he shoots all the time - not just a one off - because our ability to have a crack from outside the box has been a weakness for too long. Brownhill developed the knack but apart from him? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

There's a video on page 9 of this thread of his first goal for Albion.

I'm praying that's how he shoots all the time - not just a one off - because our ability to have a crack from outside the box has been a weakness for too long. Brownhill developed the knack but apart from him? 

Joe Bryan? Not Tammy, or Bobby Reid, that's for sure. Or Han Massengo. Did Jamie Pato Patterson smash one in from miles out somewhere? Marlon Pack scored at Cov from outside the box once. 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Joe Bryan? Not Tammy, or Bobby Reid, that's for sure. Or Han Massengo. Did Jamie Pato Patterson smash one in from miles out somewhere? Marlon Pack scored at Cov from outside the box once. 

Weimann at the end of last season, more a curled effort though. Nicky Maynard against Newcastle sticks in my mind but that probably proves the point 

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maynard scored all manner of types of goals, that 2nd season especially.

Shame about his injury followed by attitude, 2009-10 Maynard was fantastic.

Enjoy. Injuries in 2010 and his desire for a move in 2011 did not help.

Different class. Shame we didn’t get him a season earlier (play off final season)

• Like 1

Just now, eardun said:

Different class. Shame we didn’t get him a season earlier (play off final season)

Agreed.

Put a Maynard into that side and we probably go up. Although it doesn't always work that way in football but not just the goals but the type, he was quite skilful too. Shame how things went from 2010 injury to his departure.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maynard scored all manner of types of goals, that 2nd season especially.

Shame about his injury followed by attitude, 2009-10 Maynard was fantastic.

Enjoy. Injuries in 2010 and his desire for a move in 2011 did not help.

Some belters there 

• Like 1

• Admin
On 26/08/2023 at 12:54, Davefevs said:

Noticed in the article that even though he won't be one of West Brom's high earners given he came through the Academy and is still quite young, we are only paying a "percentage of his wages".

• Robin 1

10 hours ago, Ian M said:

Noticed in the article that even though he won't be one of West Brom's high earners given he came through the Academy and is still quite young, we are only paying a "percentage of his wages".

I presume West Brom are relatively high payers for our level, certainly more than we now do.

Other issue here I guess is they were in a poor negotiating position as everyone knows they are in a mess financially.

No idea of the figures but could see something like him being on £15k a week & we’re now paying £10k of it.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I presume West Brom are relatively high payers for our level, certainly more than we now do.

Other issue here I guess is they were in a poor negotiating position as everyone knows they are in a mess financially.

No idea of the figures but could see something like him being on £15k a week & we’re now paying £10k of it.

£700k loan fee alleged.  Which I initially thought was West Brom really selling him for £2m, just on a try before you buy. And then wages on top.

What I don’t get is why take a loan fee but only a percentage of wages?  Why not take a lower loan fee and all wages, or all loan fee and no wages?  Of course the reporter might have got it wrong.  Or it could be budgetary, a bit like us?

Theres a part of me that now thinks the loan fee is an all in package of loan fee and wages.  Just guessing but maybe £0.5k wages (£10k p.w) and £0.2m fee (£1.5m fee total should we exercise the option to buy).

We will probably never know.

(edit: assuming we sign him, I assume we’ve already talked about how he’ll fit into our wage structure.

Perhaps in hindsight it’s us splitting up fee and wages to suit our own budget splits?)

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Just to add, Nige suggested yesterday that they could attempt to make this perm in Jan if all goes well.  So, sounds like real intent for this to work out and not head back north next summer.  Hope he does well for us.

Also pointed out if we did so he could play in the reverse fixture, meaning he was only unavailable for one league game.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just to add, Nige suggested yesterday that they could attempt to make this perm in Jan if all goes well.  So, sounds like real intent for this to work out and not head back north next summer.  Hope he does well for us.

He sounded very positive about the lad didn't he?

• Like 1