IGNORED

Taylor Gardner-Hickman - Signing confirmed

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, Tony Tootle said:

If you watch his 2nd against Salford in pre season (appreciate it's only Salford) he definitely looks like he can take people on and carry the ball.

He has a good all-round toolkit, but as I said he’s not a dribbler like Scott. That’s not saying he can’t dribble, just that a lot of the emphasis on Scott’s best bits were his ability to go past players to create space for himself and others.

• Like 1

Just now, Ian M said:

Lots to like about this deal, a good age and seemed to be developing into an 8 first having started off at RB (similar to Alex) and a reasonable fee agreed that we aren’t  necessarily tied to if the new manager doesn’t like him.

Was gonna like that until the last seven words.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Nice lingo ??????

Seriously though, it is possible that TGH is that player.  I’m not quite sure myself though….but I’ll see how he’s asked to play first when he plays in midfield (assuming he’s not needed at RB initially).  He does have good passing ability.  He’s not a dribbler like 

6 hours ago, marcofisher said:

This is surely the replacement for Scott then. One in the base of midfield with two number 8s, Knight and TGH, in front. 

Didn’t see the weekends match as I was at a wedding but getting the impression that Williams isn’t mobile enough to be one of those two dynamic 8s.

This should hopefully bridge the gap between midfield and attack and give us runners from midfield.

It sounds possible based on this + of course he can cover various positions https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-taylor-gardner-hickman-8698231?utm_source=bristol_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=bcfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

• Admin
51 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Was gonna like that until the last seven words.

Reading between the lines, I’m preparing myself for that being the reality. I’m just really hoping Johnson Jnr doesn’t ask SL for another crack at the job.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ian M said:

Lots to like about this deal, a good age and seemed to be developing into an 8 first having started off at RB (similar to Alex) and a reasonable fee agreed that we aren’t  necessarily tied to if the new manager doesn’t like him.

Yes that worrying end bit.

Is there really any suggestion that SL is about to chop NP or just let his contract end with new manager primed and ready to step on already set ?

All seems not good or maybe SL got a buyer for the job pending?

And why is your name in Green Ian ?

Might have been done already but “speechless with the atmosphere” ? why even bother saying that

The England Under-20s international said: “Bristol City is a great club with a great manager and great fans. Every time I’ve been here I’ve been speechless with the atmosphere, the ground and the city which is why I want to represent Bristol City and give everything I can.

Edited by Fjmcity
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

Might have been done already but “speechless with the atmosphere” ? why even bother saying that

The England Under-20s international said: “Bristol City is a great club with a great manager and great fans. Every time I’ve been here I’ve been speechless with the atmosphere, the ground and the city which is why I want to represent Bristol City and give everything I can.

How so many people can make so little noise ?:shocking:

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Reading the comments (when I finally got past all the ads) it would seem that the fans weren’t happy at us taking him off their hands for a loan and then a relatively low fee at such an early stage in his career.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Best of luck in reading that with all the pop ups and ads - and I have an ad blocker !

I know what you mean. But if you have an iPhone and scroll down so that the text box appears, to the left you will see 2 capital A’s, (one small and one large). Tap them and in the box tap Show Reader. This will then hide the adverts for what you want to read. You will have to do that every time for each article you’re trying to read. Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

I know what you mean. But if you have an iPhone and scroll down so that the text box appears, to the left you will see 2 capital A’s, (one small and one large). Tap them and in the box tap Show Reader. This will then hide the adverts for what you want to read. You will have to do that every time for each article you’re trying to read. Hope this helps. 

You can set “reader” as default.  However not every webpage with reader shows everything.  For example the Bristol Post “live update” reels only show the main para, not the reel in reader view.  Therefore I don’t set reader as default.  Quite happy to click the reader icon each time.