IGNORED

Taylor Gardner-Hickman - Signing confirmed

CyderInACan

11 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

It may be a loan with the option to buy 

You heard it here first ?

Taylor Gardner-Hickman has signed for Sky Bet Championship side Bristol City on a season-long loan.

The Robins have an option to complete the permanent transfer of the 21-year-old midfielder.

Albion Academy product Gardner-Hickman has made 60 appearances for the Baggies since his debut in August 2021, scoring two goals.

Everyone at the football club would like to wish Taylor the very best of luck for the campaign.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Problem is, a lot of people just see the word “versatility” and think “Jack of all trades, master of none”.  It’s possible to be good / excellent in one position, but also have the propensity to play other positions, maybe not to the same level as their best position.

Yep, agree with that Fevs.

'My' position was CM. Thats where I thought I was most effective and where I would play my best football, but in my mid 20's I was probably 11 stone. Depending on what team we were playing against, if I was up against 14 stone, 6'4" bruisers, I would often either play as a full back or one of the wide positions to negate the opposition nullifying my comparative lack of size and strength..

I could still do a good job in either of those roles, and as captain of most sides I played for, I could still lead by example. I didn't care where I played as long as I felt I was helping the team.

There is more ways than one to skin a cat, but in football you need to sacrifice personal gain for team achievement. Not every player is willing to do that, and not every fan is able to see that.

That's probably why I relate to Cornick so much, as he's essentially doing the same thing I used to do, albeit at a much higher standard than I ever did.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

From my WBA following mate 

I’d be surprised if he leaves – really good young player – But… we are in £ mess so if he has value he might leave. Be a good buy if you get him.

His reaction tonight - 

Really disappointing he's left. Good business for you.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Think this is a very smart deal tbf.

At the least, we’ve signed championship level cover for rb and midfield for the season for 700k.

And if he turns out to be a stormer 2m would be a bargain especially at his age. 

Most baggies fans are either saying it’s a fair price because he doesn’t get stats on the board (typical) or are rather annoyed he’s gone for so little. 

Will be looking to impress as well so he’ll be raring to go me thinks. Good signing, with hopefully 1 maybe 2 more before deadline. (And contract extensions for 4/5 players) 

• The title was changed to Taylor Gardner-Hickman - Signing confirmed
19 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

With TGH as opposed to his surname on the back of the shirt.

This club will do anything to short change the fans, including scrimping on players names when you pay £15 for printing. Absolutely shameful.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1