IGNORED

Taylor Gardner-Hickman - Signing confirmed

CyderInACan

4 hours ago, Selred said:

We will never sign anyone like Scott's level unless we get to the Prem.

Exactly why we should have kept him it’s sickening we will have no one driving from midfield now and we had to use him as a RWB for the majority of his time here ?we are pathetic 

• Confused 2

Whenever I see the title of this thread I think it must be about a pop group / singer from the 70s:
Bachman–Turner Overdrive

Crosby, Stills & Nash

Andy Fairweather Low

Sheila B. Devotion

Emerson, Lake, & Palmer.

Taylor Gardner-Hickman 

etc

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DaveF said:

3 reasonably tough games against teams you'd expect to have good season as well.

Preston, Millwall and Birmingham?

Every game is tough in this league of course, but as games go, I think most would have taken that start of fixtures! Birmingham might be a dark horse this year to be fair though. They did look a handful.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

For the billionth time - he didn't want to stay.

Are you suggesting we should have refused to let him go and instead have a seriously pissed off player stinking the place out for the rest of the season?

Plus the fact, 25 million quid substantially helps our ffp position over the next several years and will allow us to bring in several new players to develop the squad as a whole. 

Again - forcing players to stay, when they want to move, is counter productive. 

I would say, put yourself in his shoes, but suspect you haven't the wit. 

Selling someone who cost us nothing for 25 million quid isn't lack of ambition, it's football, it's business, it's where we - and about 90 other English football clubs - are in the pecking order. It's a bummer, that's life. 

Comprendez??? 

Somehow I doubt it. 

The mood music from SL seemed to imply that he was just starting to annoy AS by delaying it haggling. He wanted off.

Just also worth saying with all the ‘how will we cope without him’ stuff, by the sounds of it he is out until December injured anyway. Even if he stayed we would be in exactly the same position as we are now, actually even worse off with less flexibility to bring others in.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

19 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

For the billionth time - he didn't want to stay.

Are you suggesting we should have refused to let him go and instead have a seriously pissed off player stinking the place out for the rest of the season?

Plus the fact, 25 million quid substantially helps our ffp position over the next several years and will allow us to bring in several new players to develop the squad as a whole. 

Again - forcing players to stay, when they want to move, is counter productive. 

I would say, put yourself in his shoes, but suspect you haven't the wit. 

Selling someone who cost us nothing for 25 million quid isn't lack of ambition, it's football, it's business, it's where we - and about 90 other English football clubs - are in the pecking order. It's a bummer, that's life. 

Comprendez??? 

Somehow I doubt it. 

I am saying that yes they are payed employees they aren’t in control we are they play for us and are in breach of contract if they display any disobedience! They after all signed the contract and weren’t forced! You can’t just choose to go as now you are good !

But good job defending the players

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Fred89 said:

I am saying that yes they are payed employees they aren’t in control we are they play for us and are in breach of contract if they display any disobedience! They after all signed the contract and weren’t forced! You can’t just choose to go as now you are good !

How is cloud cuckoo land? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 2

Not another one…

Not that Nige likes to sign defenders but we now have the ability to pick a team of Defenders/Wingbacks (utility players) If we make the signing of Taylor GH.

8 could/have played CB and we need another one ?

In contrast I think we have 2 Strikers and one is out for 3 months but we need another utility player.

I have no problem with that as long as we bring in some cover for Conway even if only on loan.

Its not the worst team I have seen….

Maybe goal shy but should keep a few clean sheets.

Max

Vyner   Dickie   Atkinson

Tanner.                            Roberts      

McCorie      Naismith        Pring

Taylor GH

Sykes 

• Hmmm 1

Just now, Rudolf Hucker said:

Without having seen a lot of the player, that price seems quite fair and reasonable for someone of his age and Championship experience. 

I’m not sure it does. A 700k loan fee is shit if he does well then decides he doesn’t want to sign permanently. It seems a bit slanted to me - if we were talking (say) 300-400k loan fee then the option at £1.7m that’d seem better for us.

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Without having seen a lot of the player, that price seems quite fair and reasonable for someone of his age and Championship experience. 

Yes, plus has played for England u20s last year.

If he can fill multiple positions then it makes sense to use him at RB and then can deploy him or McCrorie elsewhere within the team. Looks a good signing on paper.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m not sure it does. A 700k loan fee is shit if he does well then decides he doesn’t want to sign permanently. It seems a bit slanted to me - if we were talking (say) 300-400k loan fee then the option at £1.7m that’d seem better for us.

Not if it keeps us up, Silvio!

There's optimism for you ?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Fred89 said:

This viewpoint is f*****g naive it's unreal. And it gets spouted all the time as a stick to beat city with. It would be lovely if players lived and died by their contracts, it'd also be great if they weren't on sickengly high wages, and my wife looked like Margot Robbie but this is the real world.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Just8 said:

This viewpoint is f*****g naive it's unreal. And it gets spouted all the time as a stick to beat city with. It would be lovely if players lived and died by their contracts, it'd also be great if they weren't on sickengly high wages, and my wife looked like Margot Robbie but this is the real world.

No one made you marry your wife and we do have a choice if they refuse to play that’s a different question but I’m convinced we don’t even attempt to make them stay we just say if the price is right rather than let’s see where we are in January and go then ! It’s not up to them 

• Haha 1