IGNORED

Am I the only one?

The hand of RO'D

6 hours ago, Negan said:

Does anyone think we could possibly be holding on to funds for our next manager? Part of me thinks we’ll stick with Nige this season, he’ll keep us up and try to improve the current players, then when his contract ends at the end of the season we go our separate ways and give the next guy the tools he’ll need rather than let Nige have the money now when the plan is to not renew his contract? Can’t help but feel he knows he won’t be here next season and the club are preparing for life without him now and trust him to see us through this season so we can hand the club to someone else and they can bring in players they want with a bit more of a transfer kitty? Maybe a mutual agreement has been made and we’re currently keeping an eye out for the next manager over the course of the season. Just a theory of course but I do genuinely believe this is Pearson’s last season with us. So isn’t crazy to think the clubs decided to write this season off and go again with a fresh face in the summer. 

Sadly I think this is exactly what is happening. ?

• Like 1

On 24/08/2023 at 16:37, The hand of RO'D said:

Not writing it off but something feels unnervingly stagnant with the club at the moment.

I totally agree with the feeling of stagnation but when the powers that be rake in approx £40m in transfer fees over the past 14 months  and only invest peanuts back in to the squad ( rightly or wrongly) there wouldn’t be much that even Pep could do to improve it and that’s why it’s stagnant . We’re stuck in a Groundhog Day cycle of aim to stay put at this level, sell your best young players to fund the stadium etc then sign league 1 or 2 players hoping they’ll keep us up ! Only new ownership can stop that cycle unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Negan said:

Does anyone think we could possibly be holding on to funds for our next manager? Part of me thinks we’ll stick with Nige this season, he’ll keep us up and try to improve the current players, then when his contract ends at the end of the season we go our separate ways and give the next guy the tools he’ll need rather than let Nige have the money now when the plan is to not renew his contract? Can’t help but feel he knows he won’t be here next season and the club are preparing for life without him now and trust him to see us through this season so we can hand the club to someone else and they can bring in players they want with a bit more of a transfer kitty? Maybe a mutual agreement has been made and we’re currently keeping an eye out for the next manager over the course of the season. Just a theory of course but I do genuinely believe this is Pearson’s last season with us. So isn’t crazy to think the clubs decided to write this season off and go again with a fresh face in the summer. 

Where were you when I renewed my season ticket ? Sadly your theory makes a lot of sense . 3 seasons is practically a record in the Championship and with no talk of a new contract for Pearson it’s looking more likely that this is his last season ! In which case allowing an outgoing manager the keys to the safe would seem totally illogical ! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Gary O’Neill once he gets sacked at Wolves

I think his stock will be a lot higher than us notwithstanding what happens at Wolves. He did a great job at Bournemouth and at Wolves he's working under conditions which means success or failure, I don't think it will be a defining role for him.  

On 26/08/2023 at 00:11, Dastardly and Muttley said:

We’d be making a huge mistake to let Pearson leave at the end of this season IMO.

Wages are under control, he’s starting to get some money to spend and it’s a critical time for the club’s future with the Scott money and Lansdown potentially looking for outside investment. I’d want no one else to guide us through this next couple of years.

I think its less a case off us keeping him or him saying he's had enough and wants to get started on the bucket list. I would seriously hope that SL and our CEO are at least preparing for that eventuality already.