IGNORED

Am I the only one?

The hand of RO'D

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

You and me both. I genuinely have no idea why, of all the times, Lansdown decides that now is the time to pull the rug up. 

Hearing Pearson last night on RB depressed me and has properly dampened my excitement for the season tbh.

Tinnion went on record to say there’s a list of targets to sign if Alex stays, and if he goes. Pearson said Knight was signed to play alongside Alex for 46 games, not replace him.

Lansdown says…….we spent some of the Alex money ‘in advance of him leaving because we knew he would(??!?!??)’, and now there is no replacement, at all. 

What changed? This is where we can just hope for a decent, challenging appearance on Radio Bristol or something not from the club media, because there’s a lot of stuff not adding up for me. 

To make us attractive to a potential buyer. Easier to sell with a low wage bill and a healthy £25M banked transfer fee.

• Like 1

It’s the bullshit that must drive him mad.

SL saying he could spend what he raised, comments from the club that we have a top half budget.

I’d really like to know who is earning that then.

13 gone since January, only 7 in & loads of high earners off the wage bill & £35m brought in by way of fees.

At least if SL was honest & admitted Ashton & LJ had him over I would respect him more.

I really don’t think Pearson is the type to walk but he’s been put in a very tough position by an owner who as his truly embarrassing Luton comment showed, really doesn’t understand football at all.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 7

I couldn’t care less if SL doesn’t like the man he appointed to run the side, but it’s inexplicable not to give him the best the chance of success by turning off the taps having sold the best player in the division last season.

If I was Pearson, I’d consider walking and wouldn’t blame him either. He (and Gould) did a great job keeping us in this division following the financial mess they walked into IMO. Not for the first time, SL undermines. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he’s just avoiding putting his usual £s into the club each season because he’s likely to be selling the club.  Every £1 he puts in he’s only gonna get a fraction back, so he thinks it’s a false economy to allow a decent budget.

I think he’s wrong (if that’s the case)

Perhaps he has someone lined up? ?

• Hmmm 1

This feels to me that we don’t plan to work with him long term. I wouldn’t be surprised if a bad defeat at Swansea sees it all come to a head. It is nothing short of disgraceful from the board to not back him with what he needs. I have a horrible feeling that the return of LJ is around the corner and then watch the cash being splashed….and wasted as before! I just feel the board don’t see the progress that we see as fans. SL comment on Luton summed it up for me. Feel really sorry for Nige. 

• Thanks 1

I think he's just got a very flawed, insecure streak in his personality and anyone who isn't a corporate suit or doesn't engage in management speak he has very little interest in. Gary Johnson being the anomaly there, but you can see how he can cosy up to the likes of Mark Ashton or the clean cut Lee Johnson, but the second a qualified person with experience who doesn't bullshit arrives, no matter what they do (like SC winning League One) or sorting out the incredible mess that was left behind by the predecessors and giving us a platform to push on (Nigel Pearson), he hamstrings them to the point that they have to go. 

I don't even think it's about selling. He just wants us to be a corporate club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It’s the bullshit that must drive him mad.

SL saying he could spend what he raised, comments from the club that we have a top half budget.

I’d really like to know who is earning that then.

13 gone since January, only 7 in & loads of high earners off the wage bill & £35m brought in by way of fees.

At least if SL was honest & admitted Ashton & LJ had him over I would respect him more.

I really don’t think Pearson is the type to walk but he’s been put in a very tough position by an owner who as his truly embarrassing Luton comment showed, really doesn’t understand football at all.

Yep. Totally this. We need change in BS3 and it’s not the management, Nige is the best thing to happen to BCFC, at least now we have players who are hungry for the shirt, on a reasonable wage and fit. He just needs a helping hand to bring in some quality at the top end. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, frenchred said:

And won't get a pay off if he walks is another!

Completely, and if I was him and had felt like I had performed well with the tools I was given and then not backed, so my successor could bear the dividends of all my work steadying the finances whilst keeping us in the division, I'd make sure the billionaire owner paid me every single penny of my contract. If I was him I would now seriously be considering offering mutual termination - the terms would be non-negotiable, pay up my contract.  

• Flames 1

When your manager’s surname is Johnson, this happens in one season. It’s embarrassing SL! The overrated golden boy’s signings ended to all leaving the club for £0! Yep, £25M plus of fees spent to really back LJ, high wages and zero return! Nige has spent approx £8M by my reckoning in 3 years!!!!

£3M on Massengo

£4M on Wells

£3.5M on Palmer

£2M on JD

£2.5M on Nagy 

£8M on Kalas 

£2M on Bentley 

£1M Afobe loan deal 

#BackOurNige!

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

This feels to me that we don’t plan to work with him long term. I wouldn’t be surprised if a bad defeat at Swansea sees it all come to a head. 

Go in 1-0 down at half-time, get Max to throw the ball in the net 6 times in the second half. SL pulls the trigger. 

It's happened before, ask Tins :(

9 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Funny how Steve Lansdown waited until nearly 15,000 people bought season tickets, sold Alex Scott and then decided to basically tell us all the money wouldn’t be reinvested! ? 

when you put it like that, he is being more than a bit of a tosser 

11 minutes ago, Fuber said:

No. 

Holden and Macca as well - the trifecta.

Add in Cole Skuse and he’d have all his prodigal son yes men in one team of nepotism. 

I say it jokingly clearly but the worry is it’s something you could easily see him doing. 

Edited by One Team