IGNORED

International Rugby

WarksRobin

Just now, BanburyRed said:

Odd Fiji tactics, chasing a converted try in the last 5 mins, trying to go through the middle of England, instead of going out wide. England showed good resilience. Win has probably kept Borthwick in his job.

I don't think he was ever under any threat unless we didn't get through the group and properly stank the place out in the process.

I'm unconvinced by him long term, but if you change the coach less than a year before a World Cup then he has to be given some time beyond that to try and make an impact. I would expect quite a high turnover of players once the tournament is done with retirements and moves to France etc, and that'll be when we probably get a better idea of how he wants to do things.

i generally dislike egg chasing of the english variety which seems to me to involve an awful lot of hoofing, but was pleasantly surprised by the first half. 

Fiji were great, loving that through the legs pass and the dummy afterwards, but the 2nd half soon became a kick fest which was a shame. Anyway. Allez les bleus. n'est pas?