IGNORED

International Rugby

WarksRobin

6 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Too many of our big players didn't turn up. We nearly won without a set piece and with brutal half backs. I say we bottled it because if we'd been even at 80% we'd have won easily. Not saying the effort wasn't there, just not the quality. NZ had us in the scrum and on the gain line. Fair play to them. 

I'm repeating myself but I'm absolutely gutted. So deflating to get that performance in a QF again. This team should've won that handily.

I don’t think Ireland bottled it at all. If Barrett doesn’t keep the ball up you win. New Zealand defended well. Not every loss is a bottle job. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t think Ireland bottled it at all. If Barrett doesn’t keep the ball up you win. New Zealand defended well. Not every loss is a bottle job. 

No it isn't but we were so below-par. We went away from what worked for us and didn't use our bench properly. I might feel differently in the morning but eight QF losses will do that to you. We should have won that and found a way not to. Don't know how else to describe it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Sexton not happy with the Ref it seems. Small margins

I do notice more and more rugby players starting to show displeasure at decisions 

no where near footballers poor standards towards the officials but it’s certainly moving away from the yes sir no sir days 

13 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Could a rugby fan tell me the rules on a forward pass

NZ first try

Player behind the line when he pass the ball

his team mate catches the ball in front of the line which has to mean ball has gone forward 

but they done even look at it

Second try also 

The laws just say that a player may not intentionally throw the ball forward. I thought both passes were pretty flat but both came out of the hands backwards and both tries were fine. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2015 said:

I thought Beauden Barrett for NZ was outstanding.

I have as much sympathy for Ireland as they will towards England if we lose tomorrow which is zero. Do better next time, I guess.

I’m Welsh but my passport says Great Britain, so I will be wanting England to win. I have no allegiance to any other team to beat them. 
The only time I support the opposition in anything is in the 6 Nations if an England win affects Wales winning the tournament. Otherwise I just want to see a good game. 
Don’t like this got to fit Farrel into every game though. To me George Ford is the better player. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Sexton not happy with the Ref it seems. Small margins

18 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Don't disagree but he looks mightlily upset about something. 

18 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Sexton has form. Barnes isn't my cup of tea but it's our job to keep him out of the game. We beat ourselves tonight. Too many went missing. Half backs and set piece killed us. Might sound harsh but it's another QF bottled. Fair play to NZ.

18 hours ago, Northern Red said:

He never is when he loses.