IGNORED

International Rugby

WarksRobin

6 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Another good game, not a huge follower of rugby but Englands WC record is very decent. 1 semi-final appearance (about to become 2) 4 final appearances and a win in 2003.. Certainly not to be sniffed at.

Certainly better than the rest of the NH nations

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Much better from England with Ben Earl immense. They'll have to up their game again against either France (probably) or South Africa. Please start Danny Care over Mitchell.

I'd be bringing Steward back as well. Smith did okay but whoever we play in the semi will be kicking a lot more.

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'd be bringing Steward back as well. Smith did okay but whoever we play in the semi will be kicking a lot more.

I'd go along with that. Smith is a 10 not a fullback where I feel he takes too many risks. Steward is superb under the high ball of which there is likely to be a lot from our semi final opponents. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Another good game, not a huge follower of rugby but Englands WC record is very decent. 1 semi-final appearance (about to become 2) 4 final appearances and a win in 2003.. Certainly not to be sniffed at.

Not sure. Only 5 countries have ever played in a world cup final: SA, NZ, France, Australia and England. 

England are fourth most successful on that list behind NZ and SA (3 wins each) and Australia (2 wins).

Given the player pool at England's disposal and money pumped into the game, starting from public school education to the Premiership clubs, I think you could argue England's record is modest. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'd go along with that. Smith is a 10 not a fullback where I feel he takes too many risks. Steward is superb under the high ball of which there is likely to be a lot from our semi final opponents. 

Is it just me but Smith always looks like he's snorted a line of something

• Haha 1

As a somewhat less than avid fan I am a tad confused, I was definitely given the impression in these pages before the RWC, that England wouldn't even get out of the group stages and that Ireland were going to win the tournament. What's everyone predicting now?

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

As a somewhat less than avid fan I am a tad confused, I was definitely given the impression in these pages before the RWC, that England wouldn't even get out of the group stages and that Ireland were going to win the tournament. What's everyone predicting now?

Thought SA or France pre-tournament so will stick with that! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought before the tournament we would kick off with the same two we finish with. France v New Zealand. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

I would rather France win than South Africa tonight because our record vs the Springboks is generally pretty poor.

Agreed, I fancy our chances more against the French than the springboks. The pressure will be all on France in the semi, and they have a habit of self imploding 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Don't know if I'm the only Ireland fan on here, but I thought we'd lose to SA in the group and France in the QF so don't look at me :fear:

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Didn’t think smith even did ok tbh thought he took chances got caught and was generally poor , brave though he got battered - he ain’t no full back end of shoe horning into the side 

• Like 1

First games I've seen so far, last night and today.
Enjoyed the Argentina win yesterday and I thought today was a great game. Didn't expect much from this England team, but fair play on reaching the Semis. Fiji would have troubled anyone on todays showing, really tough game. I love how they play and when they get going their running is a joy to watch, and a worry if you're England. 
I do think we have to raise it another level, but however we play, it's knockout Rugby, they have a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

That England will get out of the group stages and Ireland are unlikely to win.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not sure. Only 5 countries have ever played in a world cup final: SA, NZ, France, Australia and England. 

England are fourth most successful on that list behind NZ and SA (3 wins each) and Australia (2 wins).

Given the player pool at England's disposal and money pumped into the game, starting from public school education to the Premiership clubs, I think you could argue England's record is modest. 

What percentage of kids play rugby at schools in England though? Neither my junior school nor my senior school played it therefore I still don't really understand the rules.

• Like 1