IGNORED

Norwich City at home Carabao Cup match thread

Bringing  no one in shows Lansdown  interest  in city  as waned ,team in dire need  help ,millions banked can't tell me we can't do it wage cap he's set will see us relegated, we bring in players from league  1 with high work rate yes but low quality  for the championship  & hope our academy  will bring up gem ,already  we are hoping  a 17 Yr old kid will save our season.

• Flames 1
  • Robin 1
8 minutes ago, 95red said:

Bringing  no one in shows Lansdown  interest  in city  as waned ,team in dire need  help ,millions banked can't tell me we can't do it wage cap he's set will see us relegated, we bring in players from league  1 with high work rate yes but low quality  for the championship  & hope our academy  will bring up gem ,already  we are hoping  a 17 Yr old kid will save our season.

Were you at the game? Were we that bad? It didn't sound that way on the audio commentary - just to be clear I'm genuinely asking not saying you wrong, just all I have to go on is the Audio and a very short highlight video. 

Either way I think it's a tad early to say our season needs saving after four league games. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Were you at the game? Were we that bad? It didn't sound that way on the audio commentary - just to be clear I'm genuinely asking not saying you wrong, just all I have to go on is the Audio and a very short highlight video. 

Either way I think it's a tad early to say our season needs saving after four league games. 

Just seems so easy to play against us, it goes down the right we turn back play it back to our  defence who then smash it up to mehmeti. It happened about 20 times last night 

Edited by johnheadbcfc

We weren't great. We weren't as bad as against Birmingham, but that's a low bar.

The final ball was lacking, lot of misplaced passes.

Mehmeti seems existentially incapable of making the pass when he needs to.

Yeboah has a chant, as does Jason Knight. This was the best bit of the evening. 

Knocking it back to Max when desperately chasing the game in the last 3 minutes was pretty typical.

Edited by pj76
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

I went last night mate we were shocking bad ,but also thought Norwich were excellent big strong quick played great football broke the lines to find space it really should of been 3 or 4 it’s men verses boys 

• Like 2

Got caught at work so got stuck with what I can only  describe as a school girl commentating on radio Bristol. Giggling every two minutes. Painful. It could have been worse I guess I could have actually been there. We just seem void of any ideas. It’s worrying for sure.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

We were not very good. We created little, had very few chances and never seemed able to find a way through. Norwich were quick, organised and, if not for some poor finishings and a fine save by Max,could have had 3 or 4. Young Yeboah looked like the one most likely to create something, and he's only 17!

It wasn't a great night of football. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Yes I was ,we are weak after nearly 50 yrs of watching  I'm waning  like lansdown. He's not supporting  Pearson  who obviously  running  down his contract  and who can blame him he ain't getting another, a struggle  ahead I'm afraid. 

22 minutes ago, 95red said:

What's this got to do with Lansdown ? this is NPs team, his players, his tactics yet he keeps on getting off relatively scot free after every poor performance (of which there has been so, so many during his tenure)    

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 2
  • Flames 1
3 minutes ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

We were not very good. We created little, had very few chances and never seemed able to find a way through. Norwich were quick, organised and, if not for some poor finishings and a fine save by Max,could have had 3 or 4. Young Yeboah looked like the one most likely to create something, and he's only 17!

Yeah Yeboah was the only one prepared to actually try and beat a defender and show the "bravery" NP called for. Shame he didn't start instead of Cornick.

One shot on target, again, sums it up.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

What's this got to do with Lansdown ? this is NPs team, his players, his tactics yet he keeps on getting off relatively scot free after every poor performance (of which there has been so, so many during his tenure)    

UM...........HIS MANAGER :dunno: to be fair SL`s wallet has been firmly closed, desperate for a ball holding/goal scoring CF but it seems we have to hope there are 3 worse teams this season and continue to circle the lower reaches of this div.....while he calls the shots.

1 minute ago, wtf said:

UM...........HIS MANAGER :dunno: to be fair SL`s wallet has been firmly closed, desperate for a ball holding/goal scoring CF but it seems we have to hope there are 3 worse teams this season and continue to circle the lower reaches of this div.....while he calls the shots.

HIS MANAGER who he has stuck by which judging by this forum most are very happy with

• Like 1

Another poor performance. We are so pedestrian in possession, passing sideways and backwards far too much and doing it slowly. When we finally get the ball into dangerous areas the final ball and/or decision making is consistently atrocious in the home games I’ve seen. We’re at our best when we move the ball with pace and we’re just not doing it. Norwich were a good side but my god we made it easy for them.

In terms of some individual performances, Tanner was very poor again and is really struggling this season at both ends of the pitch. I’ve really tried to give Cornick a fair chance in the hope that there’s a player in there but, other than honest endeavour, I just don’t see what he brings. He’s not quick, can’t beat a man, doesn’t look to be a great finisher…. I just don’t see it. And Mehmeti looks like he has something but his decision making is dreadful at the moment. He takes far too many touches… it’s like he’s the most talented kid in the school team and can’t resist trying to beat his man numerous times before he actually tries to pass the ball.

Overall another really disappointing night for us. 

• Like 9
13 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

I went last night mate we were shocking bad ,but also thought Norwich were excellent big strong quick played great football broke the lines to find space it really should of been 3 or 4 it’s men verses boys 

Agree with this, except could have been 5 or more to them  they missed a lot of great chances.

As long as NP persists with Cornick and Mehmeti up front we are going to struggle this year. It takes all of the pace out of the front line and also stops us pressing. Cornick does some good things, but seems duck out of water on the right, Mehmeti has only one thought now, try to beat a couple of players and if he does not loose the ball, try to hit a bending shot to the far post, which he tried a number of times much to Nakki annoyance.

The only time we looked to have any threat, was when Bell and Yeboah came on.

Defence is also a big worry if NP is considering Dickie and Naismith as a future partnership as both to slow and massive gaps between them. If we lose Zac, much rather have Pring at CB and push Naismith into midfield where he is more effective

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

24 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

Subsitute and Cut and paste Norwich this Sept for; Swansea, WBA, Plym, Liecs, Stoke those 5 make me shudder in fear and could well prove how light we are in the striker dept and how light we will be on the points total by the end of Sept. ?

It is hard to see anything but a real struggle this season with our inability to score goals and win at Ashton Gate. You cannot change Semenyo for Cornick and expect things to get better. The decision not to use any of the Scott money to strengthen the team is hard to understand if you want a successful season.

• Like 4

Last night - It was all so predictably, very Bristol City.

We’re just so achingly Meh & for sometime. 

Having beaten the FFP constraints, got rid of the dead wood then also sold 2 bright young talents for 30-35 Mill our club decides more austerity is required and treading water is the best you can hope for.

Not sure where it can go from here TBH.

Is the plan to become a Championship Academy? developing & feeding young players to the football market?

• Like 3

I thought we were good first half, poor second.

Norwich are a very decent side with obviously far greater squad strength than we possess.

Yeboah did very well after coming on but calls for him to start are ludicrous, he’s still raw but looks a talent.

With the exception of the back four it is very easy to predict Saturday’s side after that, Mehmeti showing exactly why he doesn’t start.

Pring will certainly come back in but on last night’s evidence only Naismith of the rest of the defence made a case to do so.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’m not sure about Mehmeti. Just isn’t producing enough for me

Was sat in the middle of the Lansdown yesterday and was watching Nige's reactions, particularly about Mehmeti. Not happy would be the understatement of the year. Was very surprised when Mehmeti came out for the second half. Sam Bell is twice the player on the left. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The big positive  on the night was Yeboah who was very good.  We were well beaten & carry no threat at all. The signings of Cornick & Memehti look poor now & King can’t influence a game anymore & certainly not last 90. Thought Dickie (rolled again for goal), Roberts & Tanner were dreadful & expect TGH to start at RB on Saturday. 

it’s going to be a long season & night made more depressing by news that no new signings as squad not good enough as it is. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1