IGNORED

Norwich City at home Carabao Cup match thread

46 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’m not sure about Mehmeti. Just isn’t producing enough for me

I really hope he can turn it around but so far he’s really disappointed me. 

Was hopeful that after a full pre season here he’d go up a level but still yet to see it. 

I do wonder if we’d be better of getting him on the right. 

3 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Was sat in the middle of the Lansdown yesterday and was watching Nige's reactions, particularly about Mehmeti. Not happy would be the understatement of the year. Was very surprised when Mehmeti came out for the second half. Sam Bell is twice the player on the left. 

Twice the player is a stretch mind ?

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1
56 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

What's this got to do with Lansdown ? this is NPs team, his players, his tactics yet he keeps on getting off relatively scot free after every poor performance (of which there has been so, so many during his tenure)    

With our hard line wage cap, Pearson,after grafting to clear away the mess left by the chuckle brothers is still working with one arm tied behind his back -

He's nearly 60, doesn't need the money -

If I were him I'd inform Lansdown to poke his job - and I'm a supporter of the club!

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

A family member went last night and his thoughts were that we seemed to lack any urgency, continued to surrender possession by opting to launching long balls, thought that Cornick didn’t even look like a footballer and was stealing a wage, said that Mehmeti kept hold of the ball for too long and should have passed to Wells, Wells just ‘strolled about, Bell did a lot of running without impacting the game, we chose to pass it around the back and play it back to Max when we were 1-0 down with time running out instead of trying to get back into the game and was very impressed with Yeboah and said that if the rest of the team had played with the same intent as Yeboah it could have been a much better game. Overall he said it was rubbish and boring.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

1 Shot on target in 90mins again it was Just another game that shows we are desperate for a Big mobile unit up front. The money has dried up and we are getting turned down by players from Bolton and the Irish league. Experienced players we have/had havent/wont sign new deals Kalas HNM Diedhou Vyner We cannot even fill a bench for matches these days which looks embarressing and small time The matchday experience is not good at the moment as we have replaced a lot of our better players with players who are not yet of Championship quality and then when they become championship quality we sell them. Something needs to be done about this shambles as we will be fighting relegation all season and the crowds will drop.  SL if you read this please come and address the fans in the media and tell us your vision for the future

• Like 4
  • Flames 2
1 hour ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

We were not very good. We created little, had very few chances and never seemed able to find a way through. Norwich were quick, organised and, if not for some poor finishings and a fine save by Max,could have had 3 or 4. Young Yeboah looked like the one most likely to create something, and he's only 17!

It wasn't a great night of football. 

Other than Yeboah's cameo, I thought Wells worked extremely hard - ran his socks off - for little return.

Our attacks were very easy to defend against - very one dimensional, and ineffective.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

I think he's running out of patience -

Not too much of a suprise.

Maybe that's what the clowns that run the club want.

He's running out of patience!?!   He is responsible for this term and it's motivation.

We should be the ones running out of patience with him.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

The midfield is a big problem at the moment. We are pedestrian and so easy to play through. Williams, James and King are literally the same player. No ball winners, sideways or backward passing.

I haven’t got a problem with BCFC using the “Brentford style” of selling our best players for a good price, but the bit SL has forgotten is when they sold Ollie Watkins they bought in Ivan Toney from Peterborough to replace him. You can’t sale a player of the quality of Alex Scott and not replace him. I think watching Sykes playing as a number 10 last night shows the issue we have. We are completely toothless going forward.

Edited by CraigBCFC10
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Other than Yeboah's cameo, I thought Wells worked extremely hard - ran his socks off - for little return.

Our attacks were very easy to defend against - very one dimensional, and ineffective.

Wells had the only shot on target and he showed what we should’ve done more of. Got the shot away at the right time and a great strike, keeper made a great save

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

With our hard line wage cap, Pearson,after grafting to clear away the mess left by the chuckle brothers is still working with one arm tied behind his back -

If I were him I'd inform Lansdown to poke his job - and I'm a supporter of the club!

But people are moaning that SL splashed the cash while the chuckle brothers were here (can't recall anyone complaining then) and now people are moaning now because he isn't splashing the cash, SL can't win, this is Pearson's team, he's brought in practically every one of this squad and some at decent prices, this is his players, his tactics, his team, his formation, he is solely to blame for such woeful performances.  

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

The big positive  on the night was Yeboah who was very good.  We were well beaten & carry no threat at all. The signings of Cornick & Memehti look poor now & King can’t influence a game anymore & certainly not last 90. Thought Dickie (rolled again for goal), Roberts & Tanner were dreadful & expect TGH to start at RB on Saturday. 

it’s going to be a long season & night made more depressing by news that no new signings as squad not good enough as it is. 

And yet Cornick was a big part in us beating Millwall and almost getting the winner Friday…

Its depressing that we aren’t bringing anyone in, think that comment from Nige was very telling and he isn’t happy. 25m brought in, lost our best player (who we are missing badly) and we aren’t going to bring anyone else in? That’s poor

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, westonred said:

1 Shot on target in 90mins again it was Just another game that shows we are desperate for a Big mobile unit up front. The money has dried up and we are getting turned down by players from Bolton and the Irish league. Experienced players we have/had havent/wont sign new deals Kalas HNM Diedhou Vyner We cannot even fill a bench for matches these days which looks embarressing and small time The matchday experience is not good at the moment as we have replaced a lot of our better players with players who are not yet of Championship quality and then when they become championship quality we sell them. Something needs to be done about this shambles as we will be fighting relegation all season and the crowds will drop.  SL if you read this please come and address the fans in the media and tell us your vision for the future

The next three games should tell us more about our levels.

We've got Swansea and Plymouth both of whom are below us in the table, with West Brom in between who we should very much be jostling for position with of we want a top 10 finish.

If we beat Swansea on Saturday we'll be comfortably top half going into a two week break which gives Nige and Co a chance to do some tinkering.

Naturally if we lose to Swansea ahead of that break, it won't do much to improve your spirits!

37 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I thought we were good first half, poor second.

Norwich are a very decent side with obviously far greater squad strength than we possess.

Yeboah did very well after coming on but calls for him to start are ludicrous, he’s still raw but looks a talent.

With the exception of the back four it is very easy to predict Saturday’s side after that, Mehmeti showing exactly why he doesn’t start.

Pring will certainly come back in but on last night’s evidence only Naismith of the rest of the defence made a case to do so.

Naismith was our best player imo, thought Dickie did well but Tanner for me needs to be dropped. Poor on the ball and has started every game this season so is overdue a rest 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I really hope he can turn it around but so far he’s really disappointed me. 

Was hopeful that after a full pre season here he’d go up a level but still yet to see it. 

I do wonder if we’d be better of getting him on the right. 

I just don't think he understands what he needs to do. Putting him on the other side won't improve his decision making or end product.

1 minute ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Naismith was our best player imo, thought Dickie did well but Tanner for me needs to be dropped. Poor on the ball and has started every game this season so is overdue a rest 

Tanner shouldn't need a rest in his early 20s! A player his age should be thriving on gametime and learning and improving.

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

He's running out of patience!?!   He is responsible for this term and it's motivation.

NP is not running out of patience with the team he always backs them. He is upset that he is not being backed by those above. For 2 or 3 years he has done a great job shifting out the deadwood and high earners and sort out the mess the chuckle brothers left us in He has had to sell our best players and only given a limited budget, so we have to shop in the bargain basement for non championship quality players . Now the wage budget has been capped so he is fighting another losing battle and players from Bolton and the Irish league turn us down

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

What's this got to do with Lansdown ? this is NPs team, his players, his tactics yet he keeps on getting off relatively scot free after every poor performance (of which there has been so, so many during his tenure)    

What’s this got to do with Lansdown? Are you for real?!! With a couple more injuries we will be down to a 5-aside team and still no sign of the Scott cash being reinvested. Seriously mate you get the team/club you deserve….

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
17 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

You ran out of patience with him after about 2 weeks, if you even had any to start with.

Still, maybe it won't be long until you can start hounding the next one out.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
7 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

What’s this got to do with Lansdown? Are you for real?!! With a couple more injuries we will be down to a 5-aside team and still no sign of the Scott cash being reinvested. Seriously mate you get the team/club you deserve….

And you've got the manager you deserve......

19 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I'm sure we would be if we genuinely thought he was at fault, but he has to work with the tools he's got which are clearly insufficient to progress.

Most of us can see that having sold Semenyo and Scott, and with the injuries to Conway. McCrorie, Weimann and Atkinson, we can't expect much more from NP until SL properly backs him.

My patience is running out with SL, not NP.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

And you've got the manager you deserve......

First proper manager we’ve had for years and he’s been starved of funding. As I said in a previous post NP has kept his part of the bargain which SL has seemingly reneged on. It annoys me that NP will ultimately be made the scapegoat and a lot on here will applaud that ,frankly, I believe, through their own ignorance. Please understand that SL is the one constant in the historical and ongoing underachievement of our club. 

Thanks for your articulate response by the way. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 2
5 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

First proper manager we’ve had for years and he’s been starved of funding. As I said in a previous post NP has kept his part of the bargain which SL has seemingly reneged on. It annoys me that NP will ultimately be made the scapegoat and a lot on here will applaud that ,frankly, I believe, through their own ignorance. Please understand that SL is the one constant in the historical and ongoing underachievement of our club. 

Thanks for your articulate response by the way. 

You sound as chippy as a Rovers fan, are people not allowed to have a different opinion to you without your sarcastic comments?  

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

Um lansdown  runs the club final say on finances, shop in lower leagues 90% of the time that's their level,Pearson have been told to shop there he working with what he's allowed  ,tryers with little  or no quality  if we stay up lansdowns happy ,Pearson takes the flak for a bottom half finish, next manager  inherits  the same problem. Selling our young talent  also steadys  the ship for lansdown to sell up.

52 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Wells just ‘strolled about

42 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I thought Wells worked extremely hard - ran his socks off - for little return.

I'm definitely in the latter view. I actually left wondering if Wells will have the legs for Saturday, he put a proper shift in without much supply - as poor as we were with the ball, we pressed high up more than we have all season and right to the very end and Wells rarely dropped off from his commitment to close down their defenders without the ball. 

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

A family member went last night and his thoughts were that we seemed to lack any urgency, continued to surrender possession by opting to launching long balls, thought that Cornick didn’t even look like a footballer and was stealing a wage, said that Mehmeti kept hold of the ball for too long and should have passed to Wells, Wells just ‘strolled about, Bell did a lot of running without impacting the game, we chose to pass it around the back and play it back to Max when we were 1-0 down with time running out instead of trying to get back into the game and was very impressed with Yeboah and said that if the rest of the team had played with the same intent as Yeboah it could have been a much better game. Overall he said it was rubbish and boring.

A fair summary! All I would say though is that if we had 11 players demonstrating intent in the fashion Yeboah does then we’d rarely see more than half a game before we were down to 6 players remaining on the pitch!

Not knocking the guy: he was the one bright spot last night. But he was a red card waiting to happen, and how he avoided a yellow only the ref can explain. 

1 hour ago, Son of Fred said:

I can't help but think the money spent - fees, wages - on Cornick, who has never really done it for me, Mehmet, who's gone backwards since coming here, and TGH, someone not wanted by a club in the same division as us, might have been better spent on acquiring one genuine attacking central midfielder. 

Now that is the manager's call, not Lansdown's. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I can't help but think the money spent - fees, wages - on Cornick, who has never really done it for me, Mehmet, who's gone backwards since coming here, and TGH, someone not wanted by a club in the same division as us, might have been better spent on acquiring one genuine attacking central midfielder. 

Now that is the manager's call, not Lansdown's. 

Are you serious?? If so who’s the ACM that you’d have in mind that could possibly replace the three squad places?