IGNORED

Leicester Away

Red Army 75

2-0 or 3-1 to them apparently; https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/132953-lcfc-v-bristol-city-23923/

I did like this post though; Be nice to see the legends that are Pearson aka God and Kingy but no room for sentiment.

Bristol City are very decent away from home. This will be a tight match with not much in it. Still not got Hull out of the system yet. Going to be a cracking atmosphere as they have sold their full ticket allocation. Can't wait. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fwiw Leicester made 5 changes Wednesday night, does show their depth.

Like most would be very happy with a point although their underlying numbers have possibly exceeded results a bit.

When you have the quality they do the underlying numbers become less important than they might be for teams like us!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Overall numbers versus ours!

IMG_8729.jpeg

IMG_8727.jpeg

We're going to barely touch the round thing aren't we. Look at those passing numbers. Enough to make Russell Martin get all warm and fuzzy...except Leicester actually do something with it.

But, if our impressive defence holds firm and we can use the pace on the wings and Naismith and Knight's raking diags, then maybe there's a counter attack or two in there that might come good.

One other possibility is a high turnover. But I think we have to be smart about pressing them high as I feel that is exactly what they'd like us to do. Something to do very carefully, need to be very precise on our triggers.

I'll predict one thing: if we score, that goal will be in the goals of the season compilation come May.

• Robin 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

One other possibility is a high turnover. But I think we have to be smart about pressing them high as I feel that is exactly what they'd like us to do. Something to do very carefully, need to be very precise on our triggers.

So agree….we can’t go hung-ho into heavy press like we did early v Hull (a).  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

No panic from me if we do get beaten on Saturday, they've got to be promotion bound and is probably our toughest game this season.

I'll take a point now, willingly.

Was just going to post the same. Saturday’s trip to Leicester won’t define our season, so if we get dicked it’s important to shrug it off.

Their relegation was as much of an anomaly as their PL title triumph and they are already champions-elect IMO.

We will need to be at our very best defensively to come away with anything, and that means no gaffes from Max, and Vyner and Naismith not allowing situations to arise where last-ditch defending is required. We will get punished if we’re as sloppy at the back as we were on Tuesday. 

I’d also take a point, if only to keep the unbeaten run going as Stoke are beatable next week.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, King Fox said:

Haha ignore me, complete lack of sleep this week with work. Don't know what day it is!

Hi King Fox.

My first visit to Filbert Street was on Easter Saturday in 1957. Dad's first wife,died in childbirth early 1930's but he always kept in touch with her brother. So we got a train, my Mum and sister stayed with "Auntie" and the three males were in the double decker to see a 1-1 draw with your side who had gained promotion to First Div had Millburn and Arthur Rowley.

I've even been there to see you play Liverpool in mid sixties with a similar trip to aforementioned.

So let's settle for a 1-1 again. You should go back up but I have a sneaky feeling that we could be in the battle to join you.

By the way City fans that was a busy weekend for me as on Good Friday I saw us draw at home with West Ham and then cadged the cash from Dad to go by train to Upton Park on Easter Monday, only 9,000 there and we lost 3-1. Would modern players do that? 3 games in four days and plenty of travel.

• Like 2

Interesting read of the foxes forum and particularly the affection King is held, more so than the others, had to laugh at this comment

Honestly think we should make this Andy Kings testimonial. Play it at a fairly relaxed pace, let him score a penalty and send him home with the gate receipts in cash, stuffed into a Fox Leisure backpack. He deserves nothing less!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sniper said:

Lovely to read and they clearly hold them in very high regard, as we would of course. One fan calling us their second team! 

Loved this comment:

- nothing too over the top, maybe just THANK YOU NIGEL along the length of the East Stand, and a mural across the Kop of him fighting off a pack of wolves wearing City-branded armour?

Edited by One Team
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Hi King Fox.

My first visit to Filbert Street was on Easter Saturday in 1957. Dad's first wife,died in childbirth early 1930's but he always kept in touch with her brother. So we got a train, my Mum and sister stayed with "Auntie" and the three males were in the double decker to see a 1-1 draw with your side who had gained promotion to First Div had Millburn and Arthur Rowley.

I've even been there to see you play Liverpool in mid sixties with a similar trip to aforementioned.

So let's settle for a 1-1 again. You should go back up but I have a sneaky feeling that we could be in the battle to join you.

By the way City fans that was a busy weekend for me as on Good Friday I saw us draw at home with West Ham and then cadged the cash from Dad to go by train to Upton Park on Easter Monday, only 9,000 there and we lost 3-1. Would modern players do that? 3 games in four days and plenty of travel.

Hi cidered abroad.

Before my time but I bet my Dad was there. He still talks about Arthur Rowley to this day as the best player he has seen play for us.

Obviously hoping we get promoted but I'll be praying you are just behind us. It can't be understated what people like Pearson and King did for our club, and to a lesser extent James.

Looking forward to Saturday hoping for a high scoring win allowing King to come on and score a hat-trick in the last 10 minutes. ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, King Fox said:

Hi cidered abroad.

Before my time but I bet my Dad was there. He still talks about Arthur Rowley to this day as the best player he has seen play for us.

Obviously hoping we get promoted but I'll be praying you are just behind us. It can't be understated what people like Pearson and King did for our club, and to a lesser extent James.

Looking forward to Saturday hoping for a high scoring win allowing King to come on and score a hat-trick in the last 10 minutes. ?

You know, reading all these messages I can't bloody wait for Saturday!

Probs be different on the way home , win, lose or draw we will have a good day, obviously so much better with a win (or a draw!)

10 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

There are some clubs that have existed for a long time who have a fan base that recognise quality in their own and other clubs. Doesn't mean that they don't support their own club 100% but they acknowledge those who deserve it. Leicester City are one of them 

It will be an emotional afternoon to many in the ground and unable to be there. To the Fox on honeymoon and everyone else, I wish I could be there. I also suspect that it will be a cracking good match with both sets of players giving 110%.

Best wishes to our 3,000, sing and shout until you lose your voices!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Shame our hierarchy don’t realise that.

Shame a large(ish) proportion of our fanbase also don't realise that.

From a poster on the FoxesTalk thread about Nige... "He started the foundation for our recent success. Without Nige, we'd be a mediocre Championship side....or worse!"

Edited by kmpowell
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1