IGNORED

Phil Alexander Gone (Confirmed)

Selred

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Do you know what?  I actually don’t want to hear from SL.  I’m not really interested in what he has to say these days.

Pretty much every time I hear him speak, he goes lower and lower in my estimation.

There. Said it! ???

I’m not gonna lie, It’s not the job interview opening line I was expecting.

• Haha 10

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When I was at Fans Forum last Autumn, yes I know it was streamed or played after but I certainly thought Gould and NP had a great chemistry. They seemed a natural fit IMO.

Alexander, I dunno- didn't inspire me but that's fine but him and NP seemed a bit disparate.

Gould was incredibly personable, quite open, but pretty smart.  Met him a couple of times as part of the scouting group.  I really liked him.  He’d joke about being a better goalie than his brother!

I never met PA, so apart from a couple of interviews, it was tough to judge, but I also think his remit was different, because of the role of Tins to make it less “footbally”.

Ashton I also met a couple of times.  He was exactly as you all saw, a smarmy git.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

The club has been a shambles for years. Finally people are waking up to Lansdown's power hungry antics. The club needs a major shakeup from the top downwards.

I don't know if it was especially brilliantly run before either tbh, how many clubs would give their spiritual end with the best acoustics to away fans (yes I know all-seater etc)! East End, 1994...new home end Atyeo.

Those who have supported us for longer than me or a long time, when were we last run to a high standard.

That said I was impressed by the Gould and Pearson combo.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Whilst I’m more than happy to criticise Steve Lansdown where it is warranted — perhaps it is here - I’m going to play devil’s advocate here. Since Alexander joined, his profile has been pretty anonymous, we’ve had a disaster of a kit  launch, it has been pretty clear from Pearson’s interviews that he has been given confusing mixed messages about our transfer plans and the general sense of a steady ship we had under Richard Gould has given way to a sense we are lurching about without much of a strategy.

And yes - all of this could be due to Lansdown being passive, disinterested and a bit crap because he doesn’t want to own the club anymore but can’t find a buyer. But it could be that Alexander hasn’t been the right fit in terms of executing the club’s strategy and a parting of ways is actually the right thing to do…

Or PA disagreed and didn't want to be the fall guy. We may never know.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't know if it was especially brilliantly run before either tbh, how many clubs would give their spiritual end with the best acoustics to away fans (yes I know all-seater etc)! East End, 1994...new home end Atyeo.

Those who have supported us for longer than me or a long time, when were we last run to a high standard.

Crikey, there always seems to be trouble brewing, certainly in the first division days which ended in disaster.

After that felt good with Terry Cooper having about 7 roles but they had no money so few choices to be made.

Maybe in Scott Davidson’s early days or Lansdown’s early days.

I’ve no real idea just how things felt as a fan looking in from the outside 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony Tootle said:

Flying back home to where? As far as I am aware he still lives locally, even though he may as well just reside in Bermuda permanently.

Well he was dining in Cor on North St on Thursday night! So he must still have a gaff close by. (I was also dining there, highly recommended by the way!) 

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Gould was incredibly personable, quite open, but pretty smart.  Met him a couple of times as part of the scouting group.  I really liked him.  He’d joke about being a better goalie than his brother!

I never met PA, so apart from a couple of interviews, it was tough to judge, but I also think his remit was different, because of the role of Tins to make it less “footbally”.

Ashton I also met a couple of times.  He was exactly as you all saw, a smarmy git.

He bought me a pint of Peroni in the Hen and Chicken, so as far as I was concerned he could do no wrong.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not logical for me as it's a vastly different role. 

Doubt he's ever negotiated with a club or an agent for example. 

I did say interim and was responding to the Lisa Knights thought.

Not that I'm bothered either way tbh, but SL does like an internal appointment after a bit of strife.

7 hours ago, Just8 said:

You'd assume if there is any truth to this than it must be due to bigger issues / changes afoot than simply the Scott sale or SL's determination to interfere. Perhaps this is a sign of a sale or outside investment? 

That was my immediate thoughts also, perhaps a deal is imminent & he isn't part of the deal :thumbsup:, all speculation until the facts come out, if they ever do !!!

• Like 2