IGNORED

Phil Alexander Gone (Confirmed)

Selred

Just now, RedM said:

Mentions Pearson and Tinnion which is a bit odd. Not any other staff. I know he can't list them all but why those two?

Perhaps the role is purely football orientated, hence the nod to those two? We know from the supporters club that ‘Bristol Sport’ do everything else, and don’t give City much flex. Maybe he felt powerless in his role that he could make any difference beyond Nigel and Tins? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, One Team said:

So no reason given whatsoever?

Why would you expect one? Unless you wanted to employ him and requested a reference from his previous employers which will unlikely say anything other than confirming their name, role title, employment dates and their reason for leaving, you'll unlikely find out.

I'm sure there will be ample speculation and a narrative that suits people will soon be accepted as fact even if there isn't a shred of evidence to support it 

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 4

Classic OTIB, couple of weeks ago PA was slagged off for being annomous, then does radio interview and slagged off for being prerecorded and  not taking questions.

Leaves the club and the usual suspects are up in arms with conspiracy theories as must be all SL's fault without having a clue why he has allegedly been asked to resign

As for the how shit are we as we have had 3 CEO's in 2.5 years brigade, that includes 1 everyone wanted to see gone, 1 who has gone up in the world to his dream job and now 1 we do not know why, but that makes us a shambles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 6

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Official statement released, from official site

Phil Alexander has stepped down from his role as Bristol City Chief Executive Officer.

Bristol City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “On behalf of the Board I’d like to thank Phil for his contribution to the club, which included overseeing the end of the January transfer window and managing the recent summer window, and we wish him well for the future.”

Phil Alexander said: “I’ve really enjoyed my time with Bristol City and the opportunity to be its CEO. The team is in safe hands under the leadership of Nigel Pearson and Brian Tinnion and I look forward to watching the progress over the coming season.”

Says it all.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Why does Gavin Marshall get such an easy ride on OTIB?

One of the big mysteries of life this.

It's almost as if EVERYTHING must be suggested by John, approved by Steve and that's it.

Because he’s the CFO, he “just” manages the money.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Alexander's comments says it all for me

Yep, no arse-licking to the Lansdown.  I’m surprised the club let him get awAy with that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Classic OTIB, couple of weeks ago PA was slagged off for being annomous, then does radio interview and slagged off for being prerecorded and  not taking questions.

Leaves the club and the usual suspects are up in arms with conspiracy theories as must be all SL's fault without having a clue why he has allegedly been asked to resign

As for the how shit are we as we have had 3 CEO's in 2.5 years brigade, that includes 1 everyone wanted to see gone, 1 who has gone up in the world to his dream job and now 1 we do not know why, but that makes us a shambles.

Think people are more up in arms because a 27th CEO leaving in about 2 years further confirms the messy way the club is being run. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

....and no thanks to Steve for giving him the opportunity. At least he feels the "Team" is in safe hands though!!

That's what I noticed. They ALWAYS say that don't they. Sometimes its what is not said is more meaningful. will be interesting to see where his next role is too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

Official statement released, from official site

Phil Alexander has stepped down from his role as Bristol City Chief Executive Officer.

Bristol City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “On behalf of the Board I’d like to thank Phil for his contribution to the club, which included overseeing the end of the January transfer window and managing the recent summer window, and we wish him well for the future.”

Phil Alexander said: “I’ve really enjoyed my time with Bristol City and the opportunity to be its CEO. The team is in safe hands under the leadership of Nigel Pearson and Brian Tinnion and I look forward to watching the progress over the coming season.”

Nice quote! 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because he’s the CFO, he “just” manages the money.

No he doesn't..... if he did then he would have SURELY be a name that was referenced during our FFP worries, and if he was a finance director, he would never have let things get to the point where there were concerns.

We all know (because we have read it on here) that everyone else who isn't him is responsible! ?

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If Steve is reading this thread then please take this opportunity to:

1. Remove Jon as a director.

2. Make the board of BCFC Limited: 1 CEO, 1 CFO, 1 DOF, and four Non-executive directors.

3. Try and have some diversity of background and thought amongst those 7 people.

4. If Jon must be on the board then make him one of the Non-executive directors. Otherwise, just give him the Head of Media/Design title that he deserves and be done with it.

Get some corporate governance involved and sort it out.

This is a very good suggestion apart from one thing. SL has previously said he likes things to be run with a committee of one - himself. City could have any official management structure but, in reality, it would be SL who made the important decisions 

• Like 1