IGNORED

Phil Alexander Gone (Confirmed)

Selred

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Things appear good on the pitch. So long as that’s the case, I’m not entirely that bothered who our CEO is. A bit meh for me. Certainly not gonna lose any sleep over it. 

Bit short term sighted. Especially if we continue with cost cutting, it’ll eventually show on the pitch 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Hasn’t he been advising the club already? 

He advised the club to appoint Alexander so maybe Scudamore should come and mop up the mess !

To clarify, Phil Alexander was told to resign, or be sacked. He chose resignation. 

ALLEGEDLY  - hopefully you won't get any lawyers letters this time @TomF ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

Is it? As i write this, nothing officially confirmed yet that he's gone (unless i've missed it). Perhaps the comms is being prepared now?

Or perhaps they club think....

99% of supporters don't care who the CEO is, they just care that the team are playing well. 

This forum gives people who contribute to it the chance to demand information that 25 years ago we would never know and only find out if the Evening Post reported it, there must be huge numbers of supporters who have no knowledge or appreciation of FFP and a likelihood that most don't care.

All told, we (collectively) over think the most insignificant things and have an unquenchable thirst for detail that in all honesty, we have no right to know. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Malago said:

Admitting that we sold our best young player in my lifetime, because the owner wasn’t prepared to cover the cost of this year’s deficit, wouldn’t have gone down well.

It’s an interesting angle on what he said.  I didn’t read it that way, but I hadn’t thought of it that way either.

What I am putting 2+2 together with is the solidarity between Tins and Nige in Tins recent interview.

Maybe PA wanted to give Nige a new contract (Legend comments previously) and SL doesn’t.  Purely speculative from me, but football closing ranks…I like it.  Good old Tins, good old Nige.

36 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Weird that people wanted Ashton out early and slagged off Lansdown for not getting him out. But potentially our new CEO is leaving and maybe sacked and Lansdown is crap blah blah.. without knowing any real details.

Typical club bashing as always by some. It could be so many different reasons if true. Gross misconduct, Resigned, Illness, Takeover and plenty other scenarios.

Let's just wait and see without bringing out the pitchforks or bedsheets straight away eh?

I think some of the early anti-Ashton stuff was from his first time here in 2012.  Some knew he was a “see you next Tuesday” before he came back to sack Cotts.  SL didn’t have the bottle.

28 minutes ago, TomF said:

Clearly he what’s the otib job when I leave. 

Your lasting legacy will be scrapping the “ignore thread” button.  Fickle bunch us OTIBers ???

18 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Phil Alexander has decided to leave his role due to other commitments, we would like to express our deep thanks for Phil for all his work during his time at Bristol City.

@CodeRed this is your domain, expecting something good! ?

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Has to be towing the party line and be fully signed up to Lansdown Inc behind the scenes too. There was some noises he, like others before him, was troubled by the footballing operation.

One thing for sure, is there is nowhere to hide for Steve and Jon now, and one of them needs to give a statement on this & a general footballing update. 

Do you the pure football side - Nige, Tins etc, or the operation side?

7 minutes ago, One Team said:

You joke but Fevs would be a good shout he knows the numbers better than they do! 

Haha, would not know where to start, apart from I could sign a playing deal and be the ageing target man you’re all after!

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just been told... Alexander was pushed. 

…and that makes a lot of sense to me.

Well that’s the wage budget even more constrained…because I’m assuming he will want paying off?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And yet 18 months ago, there were NP out threads and that was all SLs fault as well.

I am struggling to keep up.

Not from me, Rob. I was under no illusions as to the job NP faced. Like my opinion or not, I’ve been consistent in wanting the Lansdowns out for many years now. While grateful for the infrastructure, we will never achieve anything with them at the helm. And by anything, my aspiration is to see us in the PL before I die. 31, nearly 32, years of support and waiting. 

• Like 9
  • Flames 3