IGNORED

Phil Alexander Gone (Confirmed)

Selred

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He advised the club to appoint Alexander so maybe Scudamore should come and mop up the mess !

To clarify, Phil Alexander was told to resign, or be sacked. He chose resignation. 

ALLEGEDLY  - hopefully you won't get any lawyers letters this time @TomF ?

Surely that would be something to do with misconduct? It’s hard to just sack someone to force them up with good reason.

Maybe Lansdown was annoyed Phil made the point, several times, that he was the one negotiating with Bournemouth.

• Like 1

Under what circumstances do you give an employee an option to resign or be sacked?

(And under what circumstances would the employee chose to resign?)

I know that had I ever committed Gross Misconduct in a job, I wouldn't be asked to resign. (So maybe it's not that.)

Just all seems odd. Allegedly.

Edited by Sleepy1968

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Under what circumstances do you give an employee an option to resign or be sacked?

I know that had I ever committed Gross Misconduct in a job, I wouldn't be asked to resign.

Quicker if they resign with a payoff and nobody wants a sacking on their CV.  Pretty common practise 

• Like 11

I can't see PA walking at his age...

Maybe Pearson wasn't happy with the relationship with PA and the Lansdowns (Steve and Jon) have suddenly realised that they have a good experienced manager that is willing (albeit reluctantly) to be on the 'Lansdown's Bus'.

There is zero reason for Steve Lansdown to seek another manager at this time in view that the team are finally united and the wage bill has been significantly reduced.

I think a new CEO will come in and NP will get at least a 1 or 2 year extension to his contract. If that doesn't happen, the club really is in a shambolic state.

• Like 3

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

I know that had I ever committed Gross Misconduct in a job, I wouldn't be asked to resign.

Sometimes people are asked to resign to save the employer sacking them and the employee having that on their employment record. I don’t think it’s that unusual?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

perhaps bigger changes are afoot?

Could be the constant slating of Steve, John, Ashton, Johnson, the Atyeo stand, the Dolman PA, the Hummel kit deal, the kit designs and the cold hand driers has made him think...

I have put 200 million in to this club, done everything with the best of intentions, taken advice from industry experts, and yet this isn't enough for some people so I won't put any more money in other than to keep the club solvent.... Whilst the next owner might have more success, they might not, either way, I've done my bit and the lack of gratitude is overwhelming. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Sometimes people are asked to resign to save the employer sacking them and the employee having that on their employment record. I don’t think it’s that unusual?

True, but at 61 (& I’m nearly there) you are far less bothered about that than earlier in your working life.

I know nothing but the gardening leave thing makes sense because we are outside the window, shirt stuff has been sorted & if you signal you’re going then there is little sense in hanging around.

It doesn’t look impressive from outside the club though, we all knew & understood Richard Gould’s reasons for leaving but looking for yet another CEO is short order calls into question the selection process, bit like the Dean Holden fiasco.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Henry said:

Surely that would be something to do with misconduct? It’s hard to just sack someone to force them up with good reason.

It's very easy to get rid of an employee within their first two years of employment. 

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

perhaps bigger changes are afoot?

Nothing imminent, I don't think. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Could be the constant slating of Steve, John, Ashton, Johnson, the Atyeo stand, the Dolman PA, the Hummel kit deal, the kit designs and the cold hand driers has made him think...

I have put 200 million in to this club, done everything with the best of intentions, taken advice from industry experts, and yet this isn't enough for some people so I won't put any more money in other than to keep the club solvent.... Whilst the next owner might have more success, they might not, either way, I've done my bit and the lack of gratitude is overwhelming. 

The reason he’s put so much money in is because he’s ran the club so badly. His quarter of a century in charge of city has been nothing but a massive underachievement.

• Like 15
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And in doing so SL’s legacy will be - the little boy spoilt, who took away his train set

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

But if they’ve done something that is sackable, there is no need to pay-off????

I get the bit about speed though.

No there isn’t but it’s quicker and easier to just get it done. If you sack them and they take it to court then it looks really bad.  Pay off probably a years salary. Just easier. Court fees would be more than that as well.  

Just now, And Its Smith said:

No there isn’t but it’s quicker and easier to just get it done. If you sack them and they take it to court then it looks really bad.  Pay off probably a years salary. Just easier. Court fees would be more than that as well.  

The club does have form for this!

Our club is a joke. Constantly like to talk about being "PL ready off the field" when in fact we're an absolute farce. 

In theory maybe it's good that Lansdown got rid of someone who wasn't doing a good enough job, but he was at Palace for ages so that seems unlikely. More likely another falling out. 

Dave Fevs in ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I can't see PA walking at his age...

Maybe Pearson wasn't happy with the relationship with PA and the Lansdowns (Steve and Jon) have suddenly realised that they have a good experienced manager that is willing (albeit reluctantly) to be on the 'Lansdown's Bus'.

There is zero reason for Steve Lansdown to seek another manager at this time in view that the team are finally united and the wage bill has been significantly reduced.

I think a new CEO will come in and NP will get at least a 1 or 2 year extension to his contract. If that doesn't happen, the club really is in a shambolic state.

My 2+2=5 is that PA did want to extend Nige, and that’s a reason he’s going.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Whilst nobody can be ungrateful for the level of investment in the slightest some of the statements made along the lines of “my money, my club” mean that fans also putting in a decent proportion of their hard earned will feel they are able to cast judgement on they way the bloke has invested in what he feels is his club. That’s the way of the world.

• Like 4

Phil Alexander has stood down as Bristol City CEO, Bristol Live understands, just eight months after the former Crystal Palace chief executive took over at Ashton Gate.

The above quote seems to imply he jumped rather than was pushed.  Written by James Piercy who seems to know what goes on at the club.

• Like 2