IGNORED

Phil Alexander Gone (Confirmed)

Selred

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Amazed that no one has yet speculated that he is going because the commute is too much, he has family matters he would rather focus on or he has been offered a better job elsewhere.

The last few months have been pretty toxic on here with the SL slagging. 

Fair. And agree. Lets see what gets communicated. Could be many reasons.  Will be interesting to read though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If that is the case, and I guess if Dollymarie says so it is true, then it is quite staggeringly amateur for no statement to come out of the club.

Come on JL, it is up to you.  Please respond

It was only last week. I guess they’re working out how to communicate it. It depends on the situation which is anyone’s guess at this stage. ‘Sacked’ was the word I heard on Saturday, rather than resigned. I wouldn’t jump to a Lansdown bashing conclusion on this one. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Amazed that no one has yet speculated that he is going because the commute is too much, he has family matters he would rather focus on or he has been offered a better job elsewhere.

I think somebody mentioned illness earlier in the thread.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Agreed, it’s as if most on here can’t wait to get on SL’s back, let’s wait and see what the reason is for him leaving before we put any more knives in

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

Appreciate there is dislike for SL on here from some, but lets wait to hear what the reason/s are for this. Could be something we'd all understand and support. 

100%.

I’d be absolutely delighted if SL sold up tomorrow but if true (& this appears to be so) then there are several explanations as to why someone in their 60s might leave a job that might not be sinister & could potentially be sensitive.

• Like 7

Weird that people wanted Ashton out early and slagged off Lansdown for not getting him out. But potentially our new CEO is leaving and maybe sacked and Lansdown is crap blah blah.. without knowing any real details.

Typical club bashing as always by some. It could be so many different reasons if true. Gross misconduct, Resigned, Illness, Takeover and plenty other scenarios.

Let's just wait and see without bringing out the pitchforks or bedsheets straight away eh?

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

20 minutes ago, tin said:

I didn’t warm to PA but I suspect this is another damning indictment of SL’s reign. The sooner he goes, the better 

7 minutes ago, tin said:

Pisses me right off that finally things are moving in right direction on the pitch, but off the pitch it’s a complete and utter shambles. Lansdowns out.

Any chance you could actually wait until we know the details before getting the pitchforks out?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RedRoss said:

Weird that people wanted Ashton out early and slagged off Lansdown for not getting him out. But potentially our new CEO is leaving and maybe sacked and Lansdown is crap blah blah.. without knowing any real details.

Typical club bashing as always by some. It could be so many different reasons if true. Gross misconduct, Resigned, Illness, Takeover and plenty other scenarios.

Let's just wait and see without bringing out the pitchforks or bedsheets straight away eh?

I stopped reading at “weird that people wanted Ashton out”.

Bloke was a ***.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

100%.

I’d be absolutely delighted if SL sold up tomorrow but if true (& this appears to be so) then there are several explanations as to why someone in their 60s might leave a job that might not be sinister & could potentially be sensitive.

Maybe, but the speed that this has happened after recent public appearances, would point to a sacking imo.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Appreciate there is dislike for SL on here from some, but lets wait to hear what the reason/s are for this. Could be something we'd all understand and support. 

This. Let`s all take a step back and wait until we know the reasons before piling on with no background information whatsoever.

• Like 2