IGNORED

Phil Alexander Gone (Confirmed)

Selred

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My 2+2=5 is that PA did want to extend Nige, and that’s a reason he’s going.

Really? Why would he not want to extend?

You and I have talked about giving NP a new 12 month rolling contract wef 1/1/24 which, in reality, is only committing the club to 6 more months  than what he currently has ( i.e. current contract runs out 30/6/24)

Just now, headhunter said:

You and I have talked about giving NP a new 12 month rolling contract wef 1/1/24 which, in reality, is only committing the club to 6 more months  than what he currently has ( i.e. current contract runs out 30/6/24)

Because he started on page 1 of the forum and had got to the bit where there were calls for NP to be sacked! ?

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

No, I mean SL vetoed it!

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

If Steve is reading this thread then please take this opportunity to:

1. Remove Jon as a director.

2. Make the board of BCFC Limited: 1 CEO, 1 CFO, 1 DOF, and four Non-executive directors.

3. Try and have some diversity of background and thought amongst those 7 people.

4. If Jon must be on the board then make him one of the Non-executive directors. Otherwise, just give him the Head of Media/Design title that he deserves and be done with it.

Get some corporate governance involved and sort it out.

??????????

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But if they’ve done something that is sackable, there is no need to pay-off????

I get the bit about speed though.

Perhaps it was a sackable offence but he was given the option to walk first as it would look better for him? 

30 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

What a week ! new away kit launched then CEO goes and poor Nige on crutches. I’m sure somebody can make a conspiracy theory out of that. Any takers

25 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Perhaps he put Nige on crutches after Nige had a right pop at him that they didn’t stock an away shirt in his size ??  Phil said he knew nothing about it so Nige called him a f@@@@@g Ostrich and Phil decked him !! Far more likely than the BS that we’ll be told I expect ! 

Sounds good to me @Baldyman :laughcont:

In all seriousness, does anybody know if something is happening at Palace? Hasn't he left there and gone back before?

Certainly seems a bit suspect, especially as it happened on Friday and 48 hours on, there is no club statement on this.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

2. Make the board of BCFC Limited: 1 CEO, 1 CFO, 1 DOF, and four Non-executive directors.

3. Try and have some diversity of background and thought amongst those 7 people.

4. If Jon must be on the board then make him one of the Non-executive directors. Otherwise, just give him the Head of Media/Design title that he deserves and be done with it.

Point 4 suggests you don't fully appreciate the role of a non-exec director.

Official statement released, from official site

Phil Alexander has stepped down from his role as Bristol City Chief Executive Officer.

Bristol City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “On behalf of the Board I’d like to thank Phil for his contribution to the club, which included overseeing the end of the January transfer window and managing the recent summer window, and we wish him well for the future.”

Phil Alexander said: “I’ve really enjoyed my time with Bristol City and the opportunity to be its CEO. The team is in safe hands under the leadership of Nigel Pearson and Brian Tinnion and I look forward to watching the progress over the coming season.”

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Phil Alexander has stepped down from his role as Bristol City Chief Executive Officer.

Bristol City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “On behalf of the Board I’d like to thank Phil for his contribution to the club, which included overseeing the end of the January transfer window and managing the recent summer window, and we wish him well for the future.”

Phil Alexander said: “I’ve really enjoyed my time with Bristol City and the opportunity to be its CEO. The team is in safe hands under the leadership of Nigel Pearson and Brian Tinnion and I look forward to watching the progress over the coming season.”

So no reason given whatsoever?

• Like 1

Just now, Ivorguy said:

The point I, and others, are seeking to make is whatever the reason he has left the owner/Chair should have produced a clear message from the Club and not allowed the issue to become toxic.

As I have said poor management skills

And that would be something for either the head of communications, or the Bristol Sport director of communications to do.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Alexander's comments says it all for me

• Like 10
  • Flames 3

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Spot on. SL needs some experience of running a….. oh hang on…

5 hours ago, Selred said:

Just reading on another thread that Alexander is gone. Either resigned / dismissed. Deserves its own thread. 

Would show what a shambles we are at the top. Perhaps due to goal posts continually changing on the football front? (Thinking Scott money etc). 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-phil-alexander-ceo-8758746

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Very interesting to me that he mentions Nige and Tins finally.

• Like 8