IGNORED

Phil Alexander Gone (Confirmed)

Selred

42 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh Luton nearly went bust and were non League within the last decade. Got to top flight with a probably midtable budget for this level. Only got promoted back to the League in 2013-14. No wealthy benefactor.

No I don't think it is a model we should follow but the laughter is a bit rich tbh.  They have every opportunity to come back down stronger.

Yep, parachute payments for 3 years isn't it?

Much more than we'll have.

And the likelihood of us going up this year........

2 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Yep, parachute payments for 3 years isn't it?

Much more than we'll have.

And the likelihood of us going up this year........

2 years if straight up then down.

Year 1, Year 2 then onto Championship money. Whether they had any expectation of promotion in summer 2022 is a matter of debate tbh.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Tonight!!!

I’m bullish about tonight’s game.  I’m rarely like this, but think we will click in front of goal tonight.

Hope you're right, Plymouth have adapted well and have been decent in all their games so far, my heart says City but head says Plymouth wont lose

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Must be great fun, watching your team get shafted 38 times.

You think about the money and how, when you go down, you are suddenly a big player in the second tier, liable to buy your way back up and maybe have more success second time around. 

I wonder how Bristol City's history would've been different had there been parachute payments in 1981. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You think about the money and how, when you go down, you are suddenly a big player in the second tier, liable to buy your way back up and maybe have more success second time around. 

I wonder how Bristol City's history would've been different had there been parachute payments in 1981. 

As  a fan I want to see my team competitive, not sit in the stand and think, "wow we may be useless on the pitch but we've now got millions in the bank."

Also there are countless teams that don't / can't buy their way back up (Huddersfield, Wigan, Blackpool etc).

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

As  a fan I want to see my team competitive, not sit in the stand and think, "wow we may be useless on the pitch but we've now got millions in the bank."

Also there are countless teams that don't / can't buy their way back up (Huddersfield, Wigan, Blackpool etc).

Yeah, I know what you mean, but the thought that you'll be a bigger/better club in the future due to the cash investment is what would keep you going and be your consolation.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's us - we would have (almost) gone bust in '84 instead.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yeah, I know what you mean, but the thought that you'll be a bigger/better club in the future due to the cash investment is what would keep you going and be your consolation.

They are also moving into a new ground which will very much boost the income streams in the medium to long run, even if they may lose a certain home advantage due to the nature of Kenilworth Road vs the top 2 divisions.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Just imagine the rants on here when we get out-competed by Luton Town, as well as Bournemouth!  With SL’s admiration for them, we could even become their feeder club!!!

Fair play to them.  They’ve gone for it and if they play their cards right, they could really set themselves up in a big way.  

I’d take season of dickings, for two years of parachute payments.

• Like 3

Without opening old arguments, and as much as I loathe the man with every nerve and fibre in my body, I'm convinced we'd have played premier league football under Warnock.
It wouldn't have been pretty but it would've been effective. I think he feels the same as well as he never seems to miss an opportunity to say we're one of the clubs he's liked to have managed.

• Like 2

On the Warnock point  it is worth noting that in an era of FFP and Parachute Payments his formula maybe maybe not.

Found this from 2010-11, his QPR title side. Perhaps the newly relegated clubs were quite frugal but he did have the largest budget.

Via Swiss Ramble.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WI9Via0AXaE/T40gLL_NZLI/AAAAAAAAFi4/EOb9nOMADo4/s280/25%2BQPR%2BWages%2BLeague%2BChampionship.jpg

Made the most of it obviously and will have included some promotion bonuses. As will Norwich and Swansea.

His Cardiff promotion included years 3 and 4 of Parachute Payments.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Glen hump said:

He could end up at the gas , wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up there for a season or 2

Christ, imagine that?

The jailbird’s already got them believing it’s them against the world …… Colin would take that to another level.

Hate his football, but really hope that doesn’t happen, as he’d probably get the b stards up, as they’re actually geared for that type of shit football.

• Flames 1

Others won't see it the same but I'm actually quite happy with this. Completely secures Tins and his team to directly deal with the football long term. This is really important to keep continuity with the type of footballers we're recruiting. Where he lacks will be the financial aspect so that will be picked up separately.

• Like 1