IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle at home match thread

21 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Out of curiosity overall just how many Championship games are won by three goal margins ? 
I would imagine it’s very few view the competitive nature of the division where anyone can beat anyone. 

Scores

FT score Matches
2 - 1 13 18% Matches
1 - 2 8 11% Matches
1 - 1 8 11% Matches
0 - 1 8 11% Matches
2 - 0 4 6% Matches
1 - 0 4 6% Matches
0 - 0 4 6% Matches
0 - 2 3 4% Matches
4 - 2 2 3% Matches
3 - 2 2 3% Matches
2 - 2 2 3% Matches
3 - 1 2 3% Matches
3 - 0 2 3% Matches
5 - 0 1 1% Matches
4 - 4 1 1% Matches
3 - 4 1 1% Matches
1 - 4 1 1% Matches
0 - 4 1 1% Matches
3 - 3 1 1% Matches
1 - 3 1 1% Matches
0 - 3 1 1% Matches
4 - 1 1 1% Matches
4 - 0 1 1% Matches

Among the most frequent Championship results so far this season, 2 - 1 full-time scoreline has been recorded for 13 matches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

A draw tonight would be a good result. Plymouth are on a role, and play good football. Tough game, happy with a point.

A draw to a newly promoted team after not winning any of our first three home games is not a good point. 

That’s no disrespect to Plymouth. They would be looking to beat teams like us if we were going down there. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

A draw tonight would be a good result. Plymouth are on a role, and play good football. Tough game, happy with a point.

Sorry Fish, but I don't think it will be a good result. These are the types of games we need to be winning to even contemplate the thought of progressing. If we play to the same standard as Saturday (first half ? ) we will win the game.

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Sorry Fish, but I don't think it will be a good result. These are the types of games we need to be winning to even contemplate the thought of progressing. If we play to the same standard as Saturday (first half ? ) we will win the game.

I agree however that's the biggest 'if' really. I'm not sure we have the legs in the team to keep that up all game especially in the middle.

51 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

They've lost 4 of the last 5 in all competitions.

A draw is 2 points dropped imo.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 6

If it goes like the rest of our away games so far the post match reporting on here will say something like,  they were really good, played us off the park at times, best side we have seen this season, thank goodness we scored early/at the death ( one or the other not both),  could have been a draw but we take the points and move on....

Reality check for us if we play well and lose again.....both our wins this season came from games where we also could have easily been two down at half time....

But Hardie is scoring and a streaky striker ...Whittaker and Mumba both have worldies in their boots and are  owing us a goal or two....

I am going for 5-4 to you  ( goalless after seventy three minutes)

Edited by pafcprogs
typos
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, pafcprogs said:

If it goes like the rest of our away games so far the post match reporting on here will say something like,  they were really good, played us off the park at times, best side we have seen this season, thank goodness we scored early/at the death ( one or the other not both),  could have been a draw but we take the points and move on....

Reality check for us if we play well and lose again.....both our wins this season came from games where we also could have easily been two down at half time....

But Hardie is scoring and a streaky striker ...Whiottaker and Mumba both have worlds in their boots and are  owing us a goal or two....

No way are we going to score 5!

4 minutes ago, pafcprogs said:

But Hardie is scoring and a streaky striker ...Whittaker and Mumba both have worldies in their boots and are  owing us a goal or two....

So you are due a shit performance. Let’s hope it’s tonight. Oh you won’t have Que for a portaloo tonight. Bit more advanced than the other lot 

On 18/09/2023 at 08:56, Red Army 75 said:

Looking at 3.4k . Going to be loud. They are really looking forward to this one 

It’s a cup final for them, i work with a few Plymouth fans and they seem to have some sort of weird hatred for us. Funny as they have always been pretty irrelevant for me and most other City fans i know.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, forbespm said:

Hoping my season ticket changes from West brom to Plymouth in time! Anyone else find there ticket doesn't state the game we are going to see!!

It should ping and update but best bet is to go on to wallet, click the 3 dots, go in to “pass details” then turn off automatic updates then turn it back on again - should refresh to Plymouth

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Meh said:

It should ping and update but best bet is to go on to wallet, click the 3 dots, go in to “pass details” then turn off automatic updates then turn it back on again - should refresh to Plymouth

Thanks. My Samsung phone doesn't let me do that.i phoned thd club up who said it's common for anyone with Samsung phones even though my sons has updated ok.

Club have emailed me my ticket as I Don't want to travel from gloucester and not get in!!

• Like 1