IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle at home match thread

9 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes,as I said earlier, I lived down there for for for few years and they do not like us at all . The Cherry  tree not a sensible away pub at all. Mind saw one or two good gigs in the Cherry tree in my time down there.

City usually lively down there around the park / cherry tree area that’s why they don’t like us 

6 hours ago, pillred said:

Be aware the A369 may be closed tomorrow night from 7 pm, the X4 from Portishead has been rerouted over the Avonmouth bridge and along the Portway and dropping off at Hotwells I'm assuming cars will not be able to travel along the A369 either after 7 pm. if you know different please let me know.

Thanks for the heads up. Done a little bit of digging as I use this road for games. Says online expect road closures however its open tonight. The only road closed tonight is beggar bush lane. Temporary traffic lights on Abbots Leigh road. So might be ok tomorrow. Maybe they’ve just rerouted the bus to avoid delays. 

Edited by Red_30
17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I am sure I read 3.4k somewhere else too and their official site didn't seem to specify exact numbers. 

Yes it is a bit confusing as they don’t give exact numbers.

This was from the official site today.

It says nearly 3000 at Preston and just over 3000 tomorrow making NEARLY 6000

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/bristol-city-schumachers-preview

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Red_30 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Done a little bit of digging as I use this road for games. Says online expect road closures however its open tonight. The only road closed tonight is beggar bush lane. Temporary traffic lights on Abbots Leigh road. So might be ok tomorrow. Maybe they’ve just rerouted the bus to avoid delays. 

I have done a bit of digging the road IS closed tomorrow from 8 pm to 6 am till the 29th of September the X4 has had to be rerouted so be careful I would go down the A370 if you can. Of course, try the A369 if you want, but I can't see why the X4 has been diverted for 11 nights from the 18th till the 29th.

Edited by pillred
Spelling
4 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

They tweeted (or x'd? not sure what you call it these days) on friday the 3400 figure.

https://x.com/Argyle/status/1702779844042330454?s=20

image.png.e7b406a2843077241c953c0c858395ee.png

Edited by RobinTuga
  • Like 2
  • Admin
11 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

7 hours ago, RobinTuga said:

They tweeted (or x'd? not sure what you call it these days) on friday the 3400 figure.

3404 is the max allocation we will be giving out to league opposition this season

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, RobinTuga said:

They've been a bit confusing all round. Pushing the 3000 fans to Preston was a bit of an exaggeration. 

And their figures if nearly 6000 fir the 2 games don't quite add up. Can't be that difficult to just give the exact figure 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Super said:

Superb support again from them. To take 2600 to Preston is some effort. Hopefully we won't be drowned out tonight.

Shameful and ludicrous enthusiasm from the plucky lower league upstarts, call themselves West Country? What they trying to be, Leeds United or something? 

We are the premier, leading and unrivalled exponents of laid-back, can't-be-bleedin'-arsed, West Country apathy, and for that, I salute everyone not going tonight, and everyone that does bother, I salute all those that do not sing or make a squeak (unless we're losing and/or Harry Cornick misses another sitter/pass/whatever)

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Red white and red said:

Even if their capacity was the same as ours, we wouldn’t take 3,400. Their away support is just better. 

No. This is the common mistake people always make. 

Newly promoted clubs that haven't been in this division for a very long time will always have big away attendences to begin with. It's like cup finals to them. We were the same. 

If they spend 5 years in this division then they won't be taking over 2k to Preston away. 

We're taking a similar number to Leicester because for us, we've not played there for quite a while. 

If Plymouth gave us 3400 tickets this season then we'd sell out because like with the Leicester game, we've not played a league game there for a while. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Red white and red said:

Even if their capacity was the same as ours, we wouldn’t take 3,400. Their away support is just better. 

Didn't we take hundreds down there for a pre-season friendly in 2022? I think we'd do well. We've just sold about that many for Leicester away.

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I kinda consider this a bit of a must win. Obviously events in the game can change that but going 4 home games without a win would significantly change the mood around the club and add a lot of pressure so in that context it's must win. 

Yeh it feels like a sliding doors game, at least in terms of fan perception. Win/play well and it'll be all "only X points from the top 6" and "there's the firepower we knew we had". Lose/underperform and it'll be "bloody Plymouth passing us by" and "we just need 7 big strikers up front". 

I'm slightly hopeful that tonight is the night we deliver the 3-0 win we've threatened at times this season.

• Like 1