IGNORED

Plymouth Argyle at home match thread

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Wasn't there another striker from Plymouth that we were always linked with every close-season? Pretty sure by the time we eventually signed him he was over the hill & rubbish. 

Sean McCarthy. John Ward picked him ahead of Jason Roberts after the latter had scored in a win at Oldham. The rest is history.

• Like 1
  • Admin
3 hours ago, weepywall said:

They took nearly 3000 to Preston on Saturday that's very  impressive considering the distance.

Bit of a grudge match 

1 hour ago, FForbes said:

At least we don't have to worry about Tommy Tynan !!!

A name I'll never forget, he scored against us for Argyle at my first City game

Just a reminder that there are NO trains tomorrow 

Screenshot_20230918_161904_X.jpg

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Surprised we still have quite a few tickets remaining given the member offer. Hopefully majority of season ticket holders actually attend this one - the empty seats in the supposedly sold out South stand are frustrating. 

3 hours ago, underhanded said:

Frustrating. Basically all member offer tickets sold out now. A group of 3 of us wanting to go, but all individual seats left in the Dolman. We'd have to cough up nearly couble to sit one block further into the Dolman. We'll probably skip it to be honest

This is why the club should do something to try and free up seats that aren’t going to be used for whatever reason, in the south stand it’s usually because the seats belong to children that rarely go.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, underhanded said:

Frustrating. Basically all member offer tickets sold out now. A group of 3 of us wanting to go, but all individual seats left in the Dolman. We'd have to cough up nearly couble to sit one block further into the Dolman. We'll probably skip it to be honest

You could get the individual seats, then wait until kickoff and look for 3 together.
It wont sell out and there will be loads around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Our Twitter posted 21k tickets sold, is that overall or just home end? Only appears to be 2.5k tickets left on the site 

21k + 3.5k away = 24.5k attendance?

The maths does adds up to leave the 2.5k remaining, but can’t see the attendance being that much?

Around 22k I reckon.

Maintains the 22k + average attendance (or tickets sold for the pedants).

12 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Expect they do, but we certainly have had a bit of history with Plymouth. Especially in the 90’s. Drinking in a pub called the Cherry Tree ( I think) Chaos down there. We drew 0-0

Yes,as I said earlier, I lived down there for for for few years and they do not like us at all . The Cherry  tree not a sensible away pub at all. Mind saw one or two good gigs in the Cherry tree in my time down there.