IGNORED

Leicester City away match thread

Very much looking forward to this trip.

Haven’t set foot in Leicester since we won that famous FA cup tie in January 1992. So a new ground for me and very close to the old Filbert St I understand.

I think it will be a bit warmer than 1992 as it was one of the few games played that day as icy weather swept across the country.

Same result will do just fine.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Very much looking forward to this trip.

Haven’t set foot in Leicester since we won that famous FA cup tie in January 1992. So a new ground for me and very close to the old Filbert St I understand.

I think it will be a bit warmer than 1992 as it was one of the few games played that day as icy weather swept across the country.

Same result will do just fine.

Forgotten about the 1992 game, looking back at this is great fun, Motty on the commentary, shocking conditions, old school challenges, passing back to the keeper when he could pick it up, Junior Bent and Jacki scoring, City fans in full voice, keeper in tracksuit bottoms, happy memories,……https://youtu.be/KHDTwDocsIw?si=GkobuntRb0SMerRa

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Forgotten about the 1992 game, looking back at this is great fun, Motty on the commentary, shocking conditions, old school challenges, passing back to the keeper when he could pick it up, Junior Bent and Jacki scoring, City fans in full voice, keeper in tracksuit bottoms, happy memories,……https://youtu.be/KHDTwDocsIw?si=GkobuntRb0SMerRa

“Not just from another country, he looked to be from a different planet today” Motson on Jackie.

One of my favourite away days, horrible away pen I seem to remember, dreadful weather but we’ll worth the trip.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I think we'll have to be a lot tighter than Tuesday night if we're to get anything from the game.

Agreed.

And Leicester won't be anywhere near the openess of Plymouth.

Their team/squad are ridiculously good for this level and it looks on paper that this is as close to a free hit as we're going to get this season.  But their three home games have resulted in 2 wins and a loss where both of the games they won was with a late winner (87th & 90+ minutes), and Hull scored in the 15th minute and got the win. So not a foregone conclusion.

If we are 100% on it and keep it tight and they are a bit off, we can get a result.

Looking forward to it.

• Hmmm 1

I think it's the perfect time to play them. We're still unbeaten away from home, off the back of a solid performance against Plymouth, no expectations of much other than a loss and no real fear of ending a mazey unbeaten run like what happened against Man city last year (which then resulted in a drop in performances). Even one of the Second Tier tools has us down for an upset. ?‍♂️

Really looking forward to going tomorrow, my first time at Leicester.

Will be interesting to see the team tomorrow. I still think it will be the same team as we have started with for the past 2 games, unless of injury or fatigue can't see a reason not to play the same team. Will be nice to see Andi back in the squad like Nige said he would be yesterday. Will be a good day out with all you fellow reds, COYR!

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Agreed.

And Leicester won't be anywhere near the openess of Plymouth.

Their team/squad are ridiculously good for this level and it looks on paper that this is as close to a free hit as we're going to get this season.  But their three home games have resulted in 2 wins and a loss where both of the games they won was with a late winner (87th & 90+ minutes), and Hull scored in the 15th minute and got the win. So not a foregone conclusion.

If we are 100% on it and keep it tight and they are a bit off, we can get a result.

Looking forward to it.

I think the longer the season goes on the better they get , take a point right now 

13 minutes ago, Redstart said:

We've only conceded 6 league goals and Leicester 5 goals so far this season. Got nil nil written all over it ?

? yes please 

1 hour ago, MrRedRobin said:

Really looking forward to going tomorrow, my first time at Leicester.

Will be interesting to see the team tomorrow. I still think it will be the same team as we have started with for the past 2 games, unless of injury or fatigue can't see a reason not to play the same team. Will be nice to see Andi back in the squad like Nige said he would be yesterday. Will be a good day out with all you fellow reds, COYR!

Same team as Plymouth I reckon , thought he might have mixed up a bit on Tuesday ( not as much as Schumacher ???) but the last 2 games wba & Plymouth we have been pretty decent in spells so I see the same starting line up , however subs will be used and have a big say I think and unfortunately however Leicester have on the bench will be very good 

Tough game, would be happy with a draw.

I think one of the things that has concerned me defensively is the ease at which teams have been able to play through the middle of us at times this season - players sitting on the shoulder of the CB’s, not enough cover in CM and one pass splitting Vyner and Naismith open. Saw it vs. Plymouth, Hull, WBA, Swansea even.

Felt like we’ve been getting away with it though: Max with good saves, massive last ditch challenges or the player missing the target.

Vardy and Leicester will be all over that today if we let them.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Tough game, would be happy with a draw.

I think one of the things that has concerned me defensively is the ease at which teams have been able to play through the middle of us at times this season - players sitting on the shoulder of the CB’s, not enough cover in CM and one pass splitting Vyner and Naismith open. Saw it vs. Plymouth, Hull, WBA, Swansea even.

Felt like we’ve been getting away with it though: Max with good saves, massive last ditch challenges or the player missing the target.

Vardy and Leicester will be all over that today if we let them.

That’s how I see it, too.

We’re going up against a team with way more quality, compared to Plymouth, Swansea, Hull and West Brom, and we will have to be at our defensive best today to get anything.

A proper test against a team of real PL quality, IMO, although I think today is a bit of a free hit as the pressure’s off us. It will be a good test to see what we’re made of.

• Like 1

Returning to my home town (and the club I first supported) for this one and staying over tonight to catch up with a few mates for some beers - in much better pubs than were around when I began drinking at the end of the 70s! 

I’ve been watching City for nearly 40 years now, and only followed Leicester ‘properly’ for perhaps 10 or 12, so I’m definitely much more red than blue when they’re playing each other, but I can still get pretty involved when Leicester are playing anyone else. I’m hoping that at least one of the teams gets automatic promotion as I don’t think I could cope with them meeting in the playoff final!

Edited by lager loud
  • Like 4