IGNORED

Leicester City away match thread

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Reading Foxestalk fairly arrogant and chippy bunch aren't they. Granted online can exaggerate but it reflects a cross section or can do.

They’re gonna be like most relegated prem sides, on steroids. They’ve gone from PL winners, to UCL games, to FA Cup winners, to playing teams ‘like us’ and only winning 1-0. 

Wah wah wah it’s not fair we should be rolling teams over every week and seeing us score 3 or 4 every game it’s not fair wah wah wah

31 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They’re gonna be like most relegated prem sides, on steroids. They’ve gone from PL winners, to UCL games, to FA Cup winners, to playing teams ‘like us’ and only winning 1-0. 

Wah wah wah it’s not fair we should be rolling teams over every week and seeing us score 3 or 4 every game it’s not fair wah wah wah

Yep, arrogant...success can change clubs and people often and they're no different.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Yep, this isn’t your normal relegated side, this is still a PL team, even with the players sold over the summer, just one that performed and was managed poorly last season.  

• Like 4

They shouldn't have gone down really, by which I mean managed well they stay up perhaps comfifsblt so.

Maddison, Tottenham, Barnes, Newcastle.

Soyuncu to Atletico on a free, Tielemans to Aston Villa. Soumare loan to Sevilla...Evans back to Man United short term.

Multiple others linked elsewhere..Ihenacho limked with varied clubs, never happened, Daka likewise.

Some of those they've signed too.

Just to say that living near Leicester I've not met a single Leicester fan that I'd call arrogant.

Proud of their club's achievements in the last 10 years? Yes. 

Expecting performances from their incredibly talented squad? Yes.

Confident of beating most other teams in the division? Yes.

I'd be all of those things as well had we had the decade they've just had.

But most that I've met accept their recent failings as well, and know about and share an interest in the rest of the Championship. Chat on a forum is different to reality, maybe it's the sample that I've met in person, but honestly they seem just like normal people who support a team.

• Like 4

That's fair. Online can amplify best and worst.

The two on here are excellent for balance.

Whereas bit of (perceived) playing to the gallery, bravado online- all forums and social media feeds have it. Yeah they should win this League by a decent margin albeit you can't rule out Leeds going on a huge run and completing if they get momentum going- their attacking range on paper if a bit top heavy squad wise. That's another who arguably on paper should have stayed up btw although Leicester moreso.

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I haven't read any comments but I imagine they're probably laughing at some of our fans getting upset about Jamie Vardy celebrating in front of us having spent the entire game giving him stick.

They'd be right too. It's embarrassing behaviour. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Just found this on Facebook;

Today, Bristol City fans were singing “Jamie Vardy, your wife is a grass”.
So he ran the length of the pitch to celebrate his goal in front of them.
1 hour ago, 22A said:

Just found this on Facebook;

Today, Bristol City fans were singing “Jamie Vardy, your wife is a grass”.
So he ran the length of the pitch to celebrate his goal in front of them.

I mean...that is pretty mild as far as chants go tbh?

If that's all it was then he is potentially quite thin skinned.

• Like 1

Don't take what you read in foxestalk literally. We Leicester fans know it's a strange old place. Just look at the reaction the potential signing of Harry Winks........

We're not happy unless we're moaning at something on there, most of it is tongue in cheek and there is always an underlying tone of sarcasm is most of what is written on there.

As always with success, it brings a new breed of fan, most of ours, especially the younger ones are from the FIFA generation and expect real life to go the way a computer game does. 

In our defence, with the squad we've got and the financial clout we have over most of the teams in the championship there is an air of arrogance and expectancy and rightly so. But a lot of us have memories that stretch much further back than 2016 and there's still a hint of realism and pessimism in there. We know it's not going to be easy in the championship. I've left the majority of games so far this season, Southampton aside, wondering how we've not won by more, we will come unstuck, we've just got to hope it's a rare occasion. I don't think it's over the top arrogance to expect what we do, given our squad compared to most, but I know how it must come across when you read some of the stuff in our forum, so it's to be expected that you wouldn't take too kindly to it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think some of peoples views on others will come from comments like yours last night “a centre forward will be judged on goals and Wells only scores every 5.5 games”, which 1) shows a big lack of appreciation for what his role is and 2) poor use of stats, let alone any indication of how he has performed, or what he provides unselfishly for others.

Little things like versus Plymouth - it was Wells dropping in to intercept a square ball that led to Sykes goal.

He won’t get a 1 in the goals tally, but we don’t score that without Wells.

As for stats, if you think about how often he is subbed off, how many times he’s been subbed on, how many games he played left wing / forward, you use a bland stat like 1 in 5.5 you’re gonna undermine your opinion and is gonna seek out people like me and others to disagree with you.

image.thumb.png.30299694c2e819492a2f5eb17bcfeefb.png

I wouldn't waste so much time and effort on my opinions Dave if i were you

16 hours ago, tin said:

He’s worked hard with little reward, but I’ve never been convinced playing as the lone striker gets the best out of him. Put him alongside Conway again and he would be back on the goal trail. I doubt that’ll happen though as it’d involve reverting to three at the back in all probability. 

Agree Nahki works hard/ presses and TC scores the goals. They had a good partnership going before the injuries.

Cracking away day, I thought defensively we were superb, work rate and effort top notch all over the park was faultless. Clumsy by Naismith for the penalty, maybe he should have just looked to of jockeyed him. Only gripe is we were poor on the ball and gave it back to them a little too easily at times, and that we weren’t perhaps as positive as we could of been with the few chances we did have.

I also think our lack of a frontman who can hold the ball up showed up yesterday, such a striker would have certainly caused them more of a headache. Superb atmosphere from our fans, certainly felt that we were loud and positive all game despite being on the back foot for nearly all of it.

I really liked Nige’s comments post match about how he’s trying to build something here, we’ve come on leaps and bounds since he replaced Holden, there’s a great togetherness in the squad, I just feel we’re one or two players away from being play off contenders. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Just to say that living near Leicester I've not met a single Leicester fan that I'd call arrogant.

But most that I've met accept their recent failings as well, and know about and share an interest in the rest of the Championship. Chat on a forum is different to reality, maybe it's the sample that I've met in person, but honestly they seem just like normal people who support a team.

Which, to be fair, probably applies to most supporters of most teams.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

The ones who post on here certainly justify your opinion.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Which, to be fair, probably applies to most supporters of most teams.

I can think of an exception :thumbsup: