IGNORED

Leicester City away match thread

9 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I like Nakhi, but again would probably have traded. He’s a hard working player but lacks that quality you need if you want top 6. A striker was key this summer. 

Nahki was surely second choice behind Conway. Conway and Weimans injuries complicated the situation.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not sure if this is a serious post or not?

Totally unfair post by me. I think I'm still just a bit frustrated that we didn't make the most of few forays into the opposition box near the end of the game.

Doesnt excuse the pist, and I certainly shouldn"t act like a 17 yo with about 3 hrs of first team football should be the finished product.

The second part of my post wasn't serious.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

I didn't say all of it though did I so why infer that I did? Indeed, I did not even mention it. My point is and remains about spending so often  being seen as the answer. Just as sacking the manager so often seen as the answer. There's so much more to it. Very often neither makes a difference. We have done both in recent history. I believe in what we are doing now, however randomly or otherwise we got here. Feel free to come back but that is me done on this one here.

OK. Do you want a hash brownie anyway?

17 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I have to agree. He hasn't looked up to it so far this season. I'm wondering if this is one season too far at this level for him. 

He’s worked hard with little reward, but I’ve never been convinced playing as the lone striker gets the best out of him. Put him alongside Conway again and he would be back on the goal trail. I doubt that’ll happen though as it’d involve reverting to three at the back in all probability. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 5
56 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

A centre forward is judged on goals and his record for us is pretty poor, something like one in 5.5 games

His league record for us is 30 goals in 94 starts & 54 sub appearances.

So even if you’re seriously suggesting he should have scored in every single City game he’s played in (& I remember Holden memorably bringing him with 4 minutes left in the 6-0 defeat at Watford, so good luck with that one, Nakhi) that is still a ratio better than a goal in 5.

A reasonable person though would assume that his many sub appearances average out at playing half a game at the very most, so that’s around 1 in 4.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I like Nakhi, but again would probably have traded. He’s a hard working player but lacks that quality you need if you want top 6. A striker was key this summer. 

'Traded' Wells? Not sure you're getting much for a 33 year old striker to replace him with someone better...

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW I think he’s looked pretty sharp, link up play been good.  Might not have got the goals, but his work for the team has been good.

He's looked good so far and has played a lot more than I'm sure he would have expected due to Conway's injury. Pretty sure a lot of people on here who are particularly critical of individuals haven't actually watched the games, and if they have they're clueless...

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I think it again goes back to SL. We needed a striker and a CB in the window. We didn’t get one. Can’t judge today and couldn’t possibly also say all was forgotten v a Plymouth 11 who would lose games in League 1. A good start to the season considering but we missed a boat you can’t but feel after we sold Scott. 

Oh and a top keeper. 

I'm not sure Max O'L warrants any criticism for his performance today.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Soft? That was an absolute nailed on penalty. As demonstrated by not a single player disputing it.

I suppose by soft looking for it as a subsequent poster may have said. Given our track record though we've had more nailed on ones than that turned down in the last couple of years.

Watford at home before the World Cup springs to mind, one was maybe maybe not but one was absolutely stonewall and yet not given.

Do you think we get it up the other end? Matter of debate for me.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
8 hours ago, DaveF said:

He's looked good so far and has played a lot more than I'm sure he would have expected due to Conway's injury. Pretty sure a lot of people on here who are particularly critical of individuals haven't actually watched the games, and if they have they're clueless...

So you're "pretty sure" that someone that doesn't agree with you haven't watched the games and are clueless if they have ? How arrogant

8 hours ago, DaveF said:

'Traded' Wells? Not sure you're getting much for a 33 year old striker to replace him with someone better...

There needs to be interest from someone first & the player also has to be willing to leave.

This is Football Manager fantasy nonsense.

Pretty sure we had the same thing from this poster about Weimann after his 22 goal season, just completely ridiculous.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4
14 hours ago, Mark_LCFC said:

Unlucky today. Was never going to be easy for us, never comfortable playing against a Nigel Pearson side after he's cleared out the dross/players who don't give a shit. Obviously we've got an obscene advantage over the rest of the league so you probably can't read too much into today, but I think you guys will be in and around the play-offs. You've got the best manager in the division. Hope it's a Premier League fixture next season ?

After the work Nige has done previously, this season felt like his first proper window. Sadly he didn't get quite as much money to play with as he might have expected with the owner choosing now to cut costs. 
Still, he has his imprint on a side that he has assembled and for the first time in years we look like a team with a plan.
Yesterday we were a class below, I was a little disappointed that the high press , high tempo game we have used recently seemed to turn into a low block type game. That may have been to the quality of your build up, but we never really got a foothold on midfield. Maybe the 3rd game in a week was a step too far for us.

I think we could well have nicked an undeserved point with better finishing, but that would be ignoring your other chances. 

The best performances were all in defence, which says a lot about the game. Tanner & Pring were really tested but stood up well. As others have said, I'd say Leicester are nailed on to win it , but I hope in the home game we have a full fit squad to pick from. 

One thing, what is it with midlands stewards/police forcing people on trains. Coventry just after Covid they were pushing people onto the shuttle, then yesterday for the hour-ish back to Birmingham they rammed the train so much that it was impossible to move, and no ventilation . 
Better in First Class from Brum to Bristol though.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

, I was a little disappointed that the high press , high tempo game we have used recently seemed to turn into a low block type game. 

Athough we played well, this was my disappointment, thought we changed the way we play to sitting back and trying to play on the break, although our passing was too slow for that and max never once tried a quick release.

I know how good Leicester are so can worry about them bypassing you and you can't press hard all game, but felt we pressed man city more than we did yesterday.

It proved late on when you pressed and crowded them to rush the pass they made mistakes and we had the best part of the game

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TV Tom said:

So you're "pretty sure" that someone that doesn't agree with you haven't watched the games and are clueless if they have ? How arrogant

I think some of peoples views on others will come from comments like yours last night “a centre forward will be judged on goals and Wells only scores every 5.5 games”, which 1) shows a big lack of appreciation for what his role is and 2) poor use of stats, let alone any indication of how he has performed, or what he provides unselfishly for others.

Little things like versus Plymouth - it was Wells dropping in to intercept a square ball that led to Sykes goal.

He won’t get a 1 in the goals tally, but we don’t score that without Wells.

As for stats, if you think about how often he is subbed off, how many times he’s been subbed on, how many games he played left wing / forward, you use a bland stat like 1 in 5.5 you’re gonna undermine your opinion and is gonna seek out people like me and others to disagree with you.

image.thumb.png.30299694c2e819492a2f5eb17bcfeefb.png

• Like 1