IGNORED

Leicester City away match thread

3 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Why would you be accused of scapegoating?

Always makes me chuckle when we expect our players to charge the opposition down and leave massive gaps behind. 

1. Because as you may have noticed, some people get very sensitive about negative comments towards Corns. 

2. That wasn't the situation that I was describing. 

3. Leaving gaps with 3 minutes remaining and we're chasing is the least of our problems versus just letting Leicester gently pass the ball around on the halfway line.

4. All that said, I respect your opinion brother.

• Robin 1

They will win this league in third gear. Look at some of the players we were up against today. The season they will spend here is a complete anomaly. When the gulf in class and finances are so huge between two competitors in team sport 95% of the time you’ll get the same outcome. Next Saturday is the type of game to define our season, not today. And we had something confirmed today… we’ve got one hell of a defence. 

This lot will do us proud. Onwards and upwards 

• Like 12
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Such a solid performance. We really are becoming a really good side. Only done by a penalty by a side like that.  They dominated the ball but Max only had one good save to make. 

Seeing as Lansdown seems to like backing managers during losing runs, maybe this will spark him into action! 

Let's be honest, had the penalty not arrived they most likely still would have won.

We showed that we're a cohesive side, so props to the coaches.

I think also showed that we have limitations and that this since needs extra quality and athleticism if we want to push on to challenge the top end...

But, not 10 games in yet so I shouldn't be too hasty to judge!

Leicester fan here.
Full credit to Bristol City today, we dominated but you defended really well and often forced us into breaking down our own attacks and had a few chances yourselves. Really hope Nigel got the reception he deserved today. Also hoping to see a future where Bristol City are able to get the investment on the pitch that you need, I know it's been a fairly boring couple of seasons of consolidation and building an ethos, and you've been fighting an uphill battle in terms of replacing players sold, but from reading this forum it seems like a lot of fans are fully on board with Nige and can see in him and his methods the foundation that he built with us. I think it speaks volumes that all of these years later we still hold him in the absolute highest regard for the job he did with us. Our success really was a result of the groundwork and foundation he put in place, I really hope he's given the backing to do the same for BCFC.

He's a fantastic manager and a top bloke and I hope he continues to get the time needed and the backing to keep driving the club forward. It's a long old slog of a season but as it stands, Bristol City are well within touching distance of the playoffs and the teams around there are dropping points. Hopefully we see you in the mix come the end.
Best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

No issue with loosing to Leicester, who have kept their prem players, just thought we moved the ball a bit slow at times and also sat off watching rather than springing the press

They looked shaky when we did actually put some pressure on. 

This league again this year has a couple of really good teams and the rest of very muchness. 
Next Saturday will show us more where we are. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Let's be honest, had the penalty not arrived they most likely still would have won.

We showed that we're a cohesive side, so props to the coaches.

I think also showed that we have limitations and that this since needs extra quality and athleticism if we want to push on to challenge the top end...

But, not 10 games in yet so I shouldn't be too hasty to judge!

I think we’ve more than showed it already, personally. Conway and Atkinson and Vyner to come back in as well. I genuinely am at a loss as to what else we’d need to show from here on to give the lansdowns belief that Nige & co have the platform to take us forward now.  They’re getting so much out of what we’ve got, and that’s before being allowed to spend the leeway we have from Scott; which they deserve. 

The reception he got before and after the game today by Leicester fans, I’ve never ever seen before. On the off chance either Lansdown was actually there today, should be added food for thought 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Such a solid performance. We really are becoming a really good side. Only done by a penalty by a side like that.  They dominated the ball but Max only had one good save to make. 

Seeing as Lansdown seems to like backing managers during losing runs, maybe this will spark him into action! 

As much as I agree with the general sentiment, it has to be said that we did get battered today. On another day we could quite easily have lost that game 3-0.

No shame given the opposite, but lets not romanticize the nature of today's game.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

1-0 Vardy, could quickly rack up more goals now, poor from Naismith

Naismith for all his talent will probably give away 2-3 pens a season?   I knew we would lose either 1-0 or 2-0 today........shame i didn't put some money on it?    Still, a respectable performance against a side who will be back in the Prem next season?  We cannot expect to nick away results without a poacher/goalscorer, the sooner we get Tommy back, the better.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Watching the pen again, think bbc describe it well

Wilfred Ndidi went down in the box having fallen over an outstretched leg from Kal Naismith

looked very much like the player saw Naismith leg and chucked himself over it, maybe just prem experience 

Naismith was off balance and was no where near the ball. Didn’t need to stick his leg out but I guess that was just instinct taking over. I don’t think it’s one we can complain about.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

As much as I agree with the general sentiment, it has to be said that we did get battered today. On another day we could quite easily have lost that game 3-0.

No shame given the opposite, but lets not romanticize the nature of today's game.

Dominated with the ball yeah, but it’s not like it was wave after wave after wave of unbelievable save from Max. We were very solid and organised. On another day It was also there to be smashed and grabbed, but we were too wasteful with the ball in the end. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
7 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Watching the pen again, think bbc describe it well

Wilfred Ndidi went down in the box having fallen over an outstretched leg from Kal Naismith

looked very much like the player saw Naismith leg and chucked himself over it, maybe just prem experience 

Exactly that Naismith’s been squared up if he doesn’t try to challenge then it’s probably a goal, so has to stick his leg out, no forward minded player is ever going to turn that down, made it easy for the ref.

Not seen any footage yet so can't comment too much but..

Weimann back, nice to see him.

We certainly didn't get thrashed albeit the stats are a bit one sided.

Penalty or not? Well anyway was given and we lost. Hope we gave Vardy pelters for celebrating in front of fans. Would it have been given up the other end?

Leicester are top end so no great surprise. Feels respectable defeat on  the face of it. Few seasons ago maybe we would have subsided and lost by a few.

28 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Negatives would be showed them a bit too much respect for first hour. When we did get in decent positions we were sloppy. 

Overall it was okay. Battled well. 

I thought the opposite. We were like terriers nipping at their ankles and not giving them any space to develop their game. 
It’s a shame Tommy’s been injured because he makes a difference in attack . We’ll win more than we lose this season. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I think we’ve more than showed it already, personally. Conway and Atkinson and Vyner to come back in as well. I genuinely am at a loss as to what else we’d need to show from here on to give the lansdowns belief that Nige & co have the platform to take us forward now.  They’re getting so much out of what we’ve got, and that’s before being allowed to spend the leeway we have from Scott; which they deserve. 

The reception he got before and after the game today by Leicester fans, I’ve never ever seen before. On the off chance either Lansdown was actually there today, should be added food for thought 

Yeah I think it's personnel that we need to become a force at this level.

Seeing the likes of Wells, James and Williams struggling to cover the ground against a team of athletes avowed that we need more physical talent.

Sykes, Bell and Knight had the energy, but not the cutting edge quality (per Weimann).

We've got a side capable of mid table and possibly better, but you got a great yardstick today for what we need to compete with the best.

If only we had sold a hot prospect for 20m and could invest some of that money...

• Like 2

Big gulf in class as we knew, but at least have a go at them. Showed them far too much respect and didn't even attempt to play our own game. Having said that, we were so sloppy in possession it wouldn't have made much difference today if we did try to play football. Bottom line is that we made it very easy for them. 

The only positives for me was that it was only 0-1 and Max, Tanner, Naismith, Dickie, and James played well imo.

BTW, I didn't realise what a petty and thin skinned little shit Vardy is.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Think we did OK.

End of the day, they've spent the summer shopping in Selfridges.

We've spent it checking the reduced section of Aldi every Monday night. 

Explain Ipswich so far then?

Will they get "found out" soon?

Wes Burns is no Selfridges.

Criminal that Leicester got relegated, very decent side even with stars that have exited. See where we are in a few weeks. Still think we will get much better in time.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Dominated with the ball yeah, but it’s not like it was wave after wave after wave of unbelievable save from Max. We were very solid and organised. On another day It was also there to be smashed and grabbed, but we were too wasteful with the ball in the end. 

That would have been a smash n grab win maybe 1 in 20.

A 2-0 win probably 10 in 20.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Big gulf in class as we knew, but at least have a go at them. Showed them far too much respect and didn't even attempt to play our own game. Having said that, we were so sloppy in possession it wouldn't have made much difference today if we did try to play football. Bottom line is that we made it very easy for them. 

The only positives for me was that it was only 0-1 and Max, Tanner, Naismith, Dickie, and James played well imo.

BTW, I didn't realise what a petty and thin skinned little shit Vardy is.

Just like the Mrs then.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Looked good defensively, players giving for the shirt 100%

Knights pass to Weimann at knee height for the chance, summed it up with the ball 

Weimann was in a good position and he got a shit pass that gave him no chance.

I agree, it just summed up how poor with the ball we were.