IGNORED

Leicester City away match thread

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Apparently

We "Miserably parked the bus"

Plus they "Should and or could have won by 3 or 4".

Couple of comments off Foxestalk 

Typical PL arrogance or?

They were also 'a League above'.

Their commentary was very arrogant. As if to say we should just lie down and let them walk through us. 
They should win this league comfortably so no need for the arrogance. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They're correct imo.

Among the crowing did read an observation that stated we were the most negative side they've faced so far, Huddersfield and Rotherham were apparently more positive but they were at home I would add.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Really? He shithouses opposition fans at every opportunity, and is very well known for doing so. 

Did we react accordingly as fans? Certainly hope so. :boxing:

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Apparently

We "Miserably parked the bus"

Plus they "Should and or could have won by 3 or 4".

Couple of comments off Foxestalk 

Typical PL arrogance or?

No, they’re perfectly entitled to make those comments and we would probably be doing the same in their position. 

But it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. We’ve gone blow for blow with parachute teams in the past couple of years and been put to bed by the hour. We stayed in the game until the last second and had chances to nick something. That was always going to be the plan and we could have executed it. They’ve got to accept that with 70 million quid worth of talent on their bench most teams in this league can’t compete without attempting to stifle them, barring the ones that have the finances to do so. It’s just the way it’s going to be for Leicester this year, and they should deal with it. Blame the extravagant and ever-widening gap in finances between the Premier League and the Chanpionship, not us. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4
  • Robin 1
10 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Explain Ipswich so far then?

Will they get "found out" soon?

Wes Burns is no Selfridges.

Criminal that Leicester got relegated, very decent side even with stars that have exited. See where we are in a few weeks. Still think we will get much better in time.

Sorry,what have Ipswich got to do with anything? I was comparing us and Leicester. 

PNE would've been a better comparison with us.

Anyway, yes, Leicester are v good and shouldn't have got themselves relegated really. Still, they can rebuild and will be back up there again next season. Seem to have a good one with their manager. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

No, they’re perfectly entitled to make those comments and we would probably be doing the same in their position. 

But it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. We’ve gone blow for blow with parachute teams in the past couple of years and been put to bed by the hour. We stayed in the game until the last second and had chances to nick something. That was always going to be the plan and we could have executed it. They’ve got to accept that with 70 million quid worth of talent on their bench most teams in this league can’t compete without attempting to stifle them, barring the ones that have the finances to do so. It’s just the way it’s going to be for Leicester this year, and they should deal with it. Blame the extravagant and ever-widening gap in finances between the Premier League and the Chanpionship, not us. 

Explain Luton then. Spent eff all. Even have Woodrow.

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I hope we gave him loads for that...hope he gets it at AG the ?

His time in the game is almost up- he’s not a manager or a coach. He’s made the very best of what he’s got and there must be money in the bank. But Mrs V will probably burn through that quickly and she doesn’t look to me like the kind of girl to stick around when the lights dim and the credit tightens. It’s really never ever going to be as good as this for him and I’d bet that the future could be a bit tricky. So, I’d forget his silliness today, because in a year or three we won’t remember his name. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Sorry,what have Ipswich got to do with anything? I was comparing us and Leicester. 

PNE would've been a better comparison with us.

Anyway, yes, Leicester are v good and shouldn't have got themselves relegated really. Still, they can rebuild and will be back up there again next season. Seem to have a good one with their manager. 

Spending money and where you shop. Luton did alright in Poundland. Money isn't always the answer. Holding onto Nige and keep building certainly is.

• Like 4
Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Explain Luton then. Spent eff all. Even have Woodrow.

You’ve missed the point. I think it’s perfectly possible for us to both get promoted soon, and to pick up results against the top teams, but that doesn’t mean we can go into games away at the King Power without serious caution and expect to get anything. Did Luton get promoted playing attacking gung ho football against the parachute sides or did they play those games as an organised unit? 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

His time in the game is almost up- he’s not a manager or a coach. He’s made the very best of what he’s got and there must be money in the bank. But Mrs V will probably burn through that quickly and she doesn’t look to me like the kind of girl to stick around when the lights dim and the credit tightens. It’s really never ever going to be as good as this for him and I’d bet that the future could be a bit tricky. So, I’d forget his silliness today, because in a year or three we won’t remember his name. 

Nah he should get it at AG the tosser.

His irritating tendencies are well known of course..

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

You’ve missed the point. I think it’s perfectly possible for us to both get promoted soon, and to pick up results against the top teams, but that doesn’t mean we can go into games away at the King Power without serious caution and expect to get anything. Did Luton get promoted playing attacking gung ho football against the parachute sides or did they play those games as an organised unit? 

Think you have missed the point. I think it too simpistic to talk about money spent all the time. I am happy with our progress all things considered. Never said anything about "gung ho".

Edited by The Original OTIB
37 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Naismith for all his talent will probably give away 2-3 pens a season?   I knew we would lose either 1-0 or 2-0 today........shame i didn't put some money on it?    Still, a respectable performance against a side who will be back in the Prem next season?  We cannot expect to nick away results without a poacher/goalscorer, the sooner we get Tommy back, the better.

We were done as soon as that little ball just outside the area put the forward in. Naismith was caught slightly on the forwards left and wasn't going to be able to make a reasonable effort at the ball. Still we played well in a back to the wall game with a new defensive partnership. Vyner is a big loss for the next six weeks MINIMUM. Could be the season.

Conway getting back along with Atkinson and Benny and the lesser spotted McCrorie will help. Wiemann needs games now to get up to speed.

As for Leicester, they were better than us pretty much all over. The way their manager celebrated reminded me of Norwich a couple of seasons ago they got three points against a decent side. Make no mistake we are a decent side, but mote importantly a decent squad. Leicester are likely to be around the top at the end of the season of course, thye only thing that could stop them is the dealing with the same injury crisis that we always seem to be managing!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Christ?

• Like 1

We battled away today, but ultimately outclassed.

Tanner had a very good game, as did Dickie.  Naismith and Pring were very brave, but not as good as first two.

I really liked what I saw from TGH when he came on, gave us a bit of composure on the ball and at the heart of us getting some possession in their half.

A nice week off, ready to go again v Stoke.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

Have just put £3 on Southampton for relegation at 40/1.  Think it could be a good trading bet as they're dropping like a stone.

Worth noting that Lansdown’s promotion of our academy (coupled with his Channel Island contacts) has completely screwed Southampton’s modus. For years they monopolised West Country talent and traded upwards on the proceeds, but not now. 

42 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Explain Ipswich so far then?

Will they get "found out" soon?

Wes Burns is no Selfridges.

Criminal that Leicester got relegated, very decent side even with stars that have exited. See where we are in a few weeks. Still think we will get much better in time.

We will get better in time, I agree.   But it is criminal, with the money that was incoming from sales, that we did not buy a decent striker.  When i use a ridiculously emotive term like "criminal', I am referring to the lack of reward for the  fantastic loyal support that we engender home and away.  The superb fan base that has been rewarded for it's dedication, by watching 2   game changers leave, and (This not a assault on his ability, as he is what he is) Cornick be recruited ?   A game like today could   possibly have had a positive result if we had someone who could poach a goal? 

I appreciate it is all ifs and buts, and i believe that NP is doing a great job, but despite our 4 goals against Plymouth......our attack is insipid, dull and lacking creativity.  Just hope when Tommy is back, he stays fit and healthy, as he is at     this time,  IMO , the best striker at the club, by a considerable distance?  

Edited by maxjak
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That Schumacher thought his best chance of points this week was as Home Park!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Or alternatively he thought we were the easier game so saved his 1st XI for the main attraction. Could be either.

Not sure I care. You can only beat what's in front of you. Unfortunately not today