IGNORED

Leicester City away match thread

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

By who? Who is going round saying he's the Dogs Bollocks?

He's a 17 year old kid with about 90 league minutes IN TOTAL under his belt...................wow.

I think it again goes back to SL. We needed a striker and a CB in the window. We didn’t get one. Can’t judge today and couldn’t possibly also say all was forgotten v a Plymouth 11 who would lose games in League 1. A good start to the season considering but we missed a boat you can’t but feel after we sold Scott. 

Oh and a top keeper. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

I think it again goes back to SL. We needed a striker and a CB in the window. We didn’t get one. Can’t judge today and couldn’t possibly also say all was forgotten v a Plymouth 11 who would lose games in League 1. A good start to the season considering but we missed a boat you can’t but feel after we sold Scott. 

We lack a bit of quality. Most of us fans see that, Nige definitely sees it and if you haven't listened to his interview this evening it's a great listen tbf. The likes of Bell, Yeboah and even Conway have to learn the hard way given our lack of squad depth. The Championship especially when you are playing that mob we played today is unforgiving for young lads.....your weaknesses will be laid bare for all to see. They have just got to keep working and they'll get there. The posters having a pop at Yeboah, a 17 year old kid with a handful of MINUTES under his belt, really are something else.......

• Like 6
34 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

He needs to start showing some composure on the ball. Got into a couple of good positions in the box, but seemed to rush/mishit the final pass/shot

I'd have expected him to have calmed down a bit by now.

Are beta blockers legal for footballers to use? Can he practice some zen meditation?

He’s just turned 17, Sleepy, and has plenty of scope for development to come both physically and technically. If SL had spent an iota of the Scott windfall, Yeboah probably wouldn’t have the chances he’s getting now but we are where we are and his raw effort can’t be questioned. 

Edited by tin
Just now, tin said:

He’s just turned 17, Sleepy, and has plenty of development to come both physically and in technically. If SL had spent an iota of the Scott windfall, Yeboah probably wouldn’t have the chances he’s getting but we are where we are and his raw effort can’t be questioned. 

Exactly, he's learning on the job for the simple reason with the squad depth we have we need him to. The interesting thing is that if we did bring in the extra quality we need these lads would be getting far less opportunities as you rightly say and then we would start seeing posts proclaiming that our Academy bubble has burst........

Why SOME people can't understand that a 17 year old lad is not going to be the finished article right away and cut him some slack whilst he is learning the game in men's football is beyond me. Another problem is when he has a decent cameo in an upcoming game these same people will think he's suddenly "arrived" and that will be the expectation every week.

• Like 9
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Confused. All I am saying is that spending money is not aways the answer. Building over time lays much more solid foundations. Not making comparisons so no idea where you draw that inference. 

Not always, but most of the time, it bloody helps. If you didn't mean to draw a comparison with Luton, then don't mention them.

Of course building blocks & culture are important, but we aren't Luton; never have been & never will be.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not always, but most of the time, it bloody helps. If you didn't mean to draw a comparison with Luton, then don't mention them.

Of course building blocks & culture are important, but we aren't Luton; never have been & never will be.

You are confusing comparison with example. I'll leave it there. Moot anyway as we won't be spending big anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

He needs to start showing some composure on the ball. Got into a couple of good positions in the box, but seemed to rush/mishit the final pass/shot

I'd have expected him to have calmed down a bit by now.

Are beta blockers legal for footballers to use? Can he practice some zen meditation?

I’m not sure if this is a serious post or not?

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, tin said:

He’s just turned 17, Sleepy, and has plenty of scope for development to come both physically and technically. If SL had spent an iota of the Scott windfall, Yeboah probably wouldn’t have the chances he’s getting now but we are where we are and his raw effort can’t be questioned. 

I think Phil Alexander in his interview said that we had already committed  money from the Scott deal before he actually left. 

8 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

I think Phil Alexander in his interview said that we had already committed  money from the Scott deal before he actually left. 

This is where lines become blurred.

Not too interested in financials tonight but I take tbis to maybe mean cash flow- instalments, maybe in part wages.

If we are talking profit and loss, the Semenyo deal will have covered inbound business from Janaury, if we analyse wages, and the like. Scott money in that respect has surly barely been touched.

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If you can find one example of anyone saying we should spunk all of the Scott money, then I'll post you a hash brownie. 

I didn't say all of it though did I so why infer that I did? Indeed, I did not even mention it. My point is and remains about spending so often  being seen as the answer. Just as sacking the manager so often seen as the answer. There's so much more to it. Very often neither makes a difference. We have done both in recent history. I believe in what we are doing now, however randomly or otherwise we got here. Feel free to come back but that is me done on this one here.

• Like 1