IGNORED

Leicester City away match thread

Just now, mozo said:

I'll be accused of scapegoating now, but why is Cornick jogging about instead of sprinting to close players down?

Pretty much decided he would end up just chasing a shadow, better to move into a position to pick up the ball if the player is tackled further down the field. But hey it’s Cornick so must be at fault. Wells and Bell had been doing that pretty much all game.

• Like 6

Well, today we were battered by a much better team who have much better players and much more money. At least we put in an honest, hard-working performance and kept things respectable. Being critical, it would have been nice for us to offer more of a threat and exert a bit more control over the match.

This isn't the kind of game that will define our season though.

• Like 3

Positives

1. It took a pen to concede.

2. Held probably the best team in the league to a 1-0 win (could have been disastrous for our GD otherwise)

3. Hard graft sees us leaving with no points but evidences our ability to compete....albeit needing to create (and take) chances.

4. I would have taken that score line in lieu of 3 or 1 point(s)

5. Good work rate. Well done lads. 

• Like 2
Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

Deserved win by very good team, but disappointed with our performance when we were on the ball  just shows how far we are off the level needed 

Lets not forget they still have a PL squad worth hundreds of millions. Not a bad game considering. If they dont go up topmof the league clear by 20+ points then they wudve have a bad season. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
Just now, MelksRed said:

Positives

2. Held probably the best team in the league to a 1-0 win (could have been disastrous for our GD otherwise)

3. Hard graft sees us leaving with no points but evidences our ability to compete....albeit needing to create (and take) chances.

We've also got a few players to return from injury who will make a difference.

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

Deserved win by very good team, but disappointed with our performance when we were on the ball  just shows how far we are off the level needed 

City are as good or if not better than 75% of teams in this division not far off the level needed at all, How many teams are going to outplay Leicester this season especially at their ground? I suspect it's less than 1.

• Like 2

Great effort, just missing that little bit of composure when we did have the ball in good areas. You can't deny Leicester do look a good side as you would expect but i think the players can take a lot of positives from that. It won't be that difficult every week.

Well done to the travelling support, we could hear you all game, safe journey back.

Edited by Gazred
  • Like 6

There are positives to be had, Leicester are a very good team, I think anyone finishing above them will be promoted. Good defensive display given the amount of ball they had, but the defensive display meant that we could not be as attacking as we could have been. Thought we were a bit slow passing in midfield at times, we’re better when moving the ball at pace.

4 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Positives

Negatives would be showed them a bit too much respect for first hour. When we did get in decent positions we were sloppy. 

Overall it was okay. Battled well. 

• Like 3