IGNORED

That’s all on the manager

glynriley

Just now, glynriley said:

Or whoever decides the subs. 

Bringing off Bell and Sykes is bad enough, but Yeboah when you’re chasing a result… awful. 

You might want to duck as the happy clappers will be all over you for daring to question NP. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 4

6 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

You might want to duck as the happy clappers will be all over you for daring to question NP. 

I’m a massive Nige fan , but you have to say it as you see it.  Wrong , wrong, wrong. Tanner looked like he was struggling a bit. TGH for Tanner would have been my only sub at 2-2. But we threw the baby out with the bath water. 
Bell and Sykes were playing ok and Nakhi was buzzing after a goal. Shocking. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I’m a massive Nige fan , but you have to say it as you see it.  Wrong , wrong, wrong. Tanner looked like he was struggling a bit. TGH for Tanner would have been my only sub at 2-2. But we threw the baby out with the bath water. 
Bell and Sykes were playing ok and Nakhi was buzzing after a goal. Shocking. 

I love Sykes but he offered tanner no cover at all that second half

• Like 1

Just now, sinenomine said:

Seemed pretty clear to me that Sykes was hooked for lack of tracking back off the ball. 

He was fine going forward but wasn't offering Tanner much support. 

I actually thought Sykes tracked back better in the first half than Bell did 2nd half (watching from the Dolman). Thought Cornick was good, but needs someone closer to him to pick up the ball when he flicks on/ it bundles off his shin. Like the look of Yeboah, but wish we could keep him as a last ten substitute for energy rather than pinning our hopes on him that early in the game

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Disagree with most of this. We were very good in the second half after the starters had drifted off the pace.

Freak result

Very good second half after 54th minute?  We had one shot.  I don’t think one shot in 43 minutes of football can ever be called very good.  Lacked any sort of finesse or calmness on the ball: thought it was really poor 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

I actually thought Sykes tracked back better in the first half than Bell did 2nd half (watching from the Dolman). Thought Cornick was good, but needs someone closer to him to pick up the ball when he flicks on/ it bundles off his shin. Like the look of Yeboah, but wish we could keep him as a last ten substitute for energy rather than pinning our hopes on him that early in the game

Bell does seem to fade in games. Is that a fitness or concentration thing? Like Wells, I think he does a decent amount of pressing. Puts in the yards.  

Agree on Cornick. Yeboah just seems to want that fraction longer on the ball, we I guess comes with experience of that pace/intensity of this level of football. 

• Like 1

Disagree about Yeboah. He gave them a very different problem than Sykes did. The way I see it, Yeboah the opposition make a constant effort to grab so he can’t get going. You see bodies back around him where most our other wingers opposition is happy to go 1v1. I think managers may have already singled him out as needing special attention when on the pitch. 

I don’t think the subs were why we lost but I would not have made all 4 at once. Also, whatever reason Sykes come off, I don’t think you should when needing a goal. He is the most creative and composed player we have. We caused problems in a frenetic way after the subs but when we needed that calm head in the final third we just didn’t have it. 

TGH isn’t a rb. Naismith isn’t a cb. We don’t have an athletic enough midfield. Those are more of the reasons I think we lost than the subs. 

• Like 5

Just now, sinenomine said:

Bell does seem to fade in games. Is that a fitness or concentration thing? Like Wells, I think he does a decent amount of pressing. Puts in the yards.  

Agree on Cornick. Yeboah just seems to want that fraction longer on the ball, we I guess comes with experience of that pace/intensity of this level of football. 

I’m really encouraged by Yeboah, loads of pressing and energy, but I don’t think he’s quite ready. I don’t think this was the right game for him.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

In addition what must Mehmeti be feeling like currently, confidence must be shot

Maybe that’s why Alexander went. To be honest why play Weimann left side. He was OK but I feel with Andi we just chuck him on anywhere. I’ll not a Williams fan but he was decent today, however the sub should have been Weimann for him. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

Disagree about Yeboah. He gave them a very different problem than Sykes did. The way I see it, Yeboah the opposition make a constant effort to grab so he can’t get going. You see bodies back around him where most our other wingers opposition is happy to go 1v1. I think managers may have already singled him out as needing special attention when on the pitch. 

I don’t think the subs were why we lost but I would not have made all 4 at once. Also, whatever reason Sykes come off, I don’t think you should when needing a goal. He is the most creative and composed player we have. We caused problems in a frenetic way after the subs but when we needed that calm head in the final third we just didn’t have it. 

TGH isn’t a rb. Naismith isn’t a cb. We don’t have an athletic enough midfield. Those are more of the reasons I think we lost than the subs. 

Yeboah will be good but he isn’t ready yet. He doesn’t ever look threatening and struggles to get past the full back. I think with Conway back we see less of him for now. 

• Like 2