IGNORED

That’s all on the manager

glynriley

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“Terrific in every department”.

We conceded three at home to a bang average team.

Yeah, terrific.

You really are spot on. I scratch my head on the mindset of some fans .

We did play some really decent stuff yesterday but to be 2-0 up against a team in 20th - and lose 3-2 is by no means terrific 

We’ve now got one win in the opening 5 league games. Where as we have improved slightly on last season performance wise - the reality is the end results haven’t 

Yesterday was far from terrific and was yet another wasted opportunity 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

You really are spot on. I scratch my head on the mindset of some fans .

We did play some really decent stuff yesterday but to be 2-0 up against a team in 20th - and lose 3-2 is by no means terrific 

We’ve now got one win in the opening 5 league games. Where as we have improved slightly on last season performance wise - the reality is the end results haven’t 

Yesterday was far from terrific and was yet another wasted opportunity 

Totally agree (I am out of ‘reactions’ for today).

Edited by OddBallJim

12 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Let's be real, we are a nothing club going nowhere. After years of false starts it's a wonder why anyone bothers.

People bother because come hell or high water they still love their club. Tested at times but still there. If you can't take the heat then being a  football supporter  is obviously not for you.

Edited by E.G.Red

16 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

The defence were pathetic 

It's never "just" the defence though is it?

If we'd capitalised on our possession in the second half,we could’ve scored another 2 or 3. 

If the ball had been held up more effectively in midfield, they wouldn't have been able to make these dangerous breaks. 

Harry, elsewhere, eloquently details why Naismith will always give me the fear at CB. But who else is there? 

We have to try to ride out these injuries and hope we don't encounter another side whose only three decent shots at goal all go in?

It could be argued that the game turned on their first goal. There's a shot at a distance that 9 out of 10 won't go in, but Lorin struck it superbly and against the run of play they suddenly had a lifeline.  This transformed Stoke from a side looking already beaten, who could scarce hold the ball for two passes, into contenders. It lifted them. It's those sort of fine margins that change games. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

First goal in open play in just six games actually, unless you think the one at Hull was disallowed or something?

You might be right about Tommy (not Nakhi’s fault TC has been injured) but he’s been good for us this season, in my opinion.

Nahki played really well again yesterday without his goal.  His link up play is on a far better level than when he joined.

@Super

here you go…nobody lying…a trip on Sykes…in the box. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Nahki played really well again yesterday without his goal.  His link up play is on a far better level than when he joined.

@Super

I’m certain Tanner got done in a similar way in the middle of their half after this incident.

And a foul was given.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

@Super

looked a bit like shoulder to shoulder to me both hit the deck their guy got up quicker, maybe could have come inside the guy and then had a clear shot at goal?

20 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

It really does appear that some posters on here were cheering for joy when Stoke got their winner . Just to be negative on here.  Most bizzare behaviour.

Excellent debate about the subs . Rather looked like a great move , the game was ebbing away from us. Cornick was excellent , yet few can bring themselves to say it. I struggle with the signing, but if he is good , he is good. He was damn good. More of that Harry. Well done that man. 

We missed Vyner , hugely . Who would have thought that 18 months ago? 

We should not lose games like today, it is frustrating. But we still look like a proper side, missing maybe some quality, but we have many constraints, so we have to develop. We are. If you watch football , live football , to be entertained , we were entertained . There were stories everywhere. We do not look a joke , players work damn hard , and they care . We also play some beautiful football at times . Young players developing , getting better . That’s enjoyable . We are no longer a soft touch , a holiday club . 

Oh and TC is coming back. That boy is going places. Yep Bournemouth, to be by his mate and be rich

We will be in the play off mix , as will 12 other clubs . That is the league we are in. But no longer a joke club that everyone laughed at . 

3 hours ago, cotswoldred2 said:

You called them supporters, I would question that. My weekend was ruined but at least the lawns got a good going over.

It seems Sykes and Tanner were injured, so we’re taken off. 

Yes I question that definition in relation to some here. However I do make decent use of the phrase gnome button!

• Like 1

On 01/10/2023 at 15:18, Shauntaylor85 said:

So if we lose to Rotherham and Leeds we won’t be in a good position will we…..where will that leave NP? Must win on Wednesday. We have to beat them, Stoke fans said to me yesterday if you can’t beat them then give up, Rotherham are terrible, they’ve thrashed them twice. 

I expect it will leave NP firmly in his job if we lose to Rotherham, steering us gradually out of the mess he inherited when he came in, it will at least give you something to cheer about if we don't win, and obviously if we do win you can come on straight after to say "it was only Rotherham though".

I wonder if Pep is bricking it, after all a few people said Wolves are terrible, I mean if he can't get his team to beat them....

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

Fair play to Nige & co for going for it in a truly awful game, with truly awful officiating, away from home. Two goals by a sub, one assist by a sub. Would’ve been easy to try and ride it out and draw a line under it. 

We’ve pretty much just done what Stoke did to us on Saturday, which is why we can’t take too much from freak games like it. It’s football. It’s why we hate and love it in equal measure. 

Huge win. 

• Like 11

Well, after 10 games, I think you can say it's on the manager (unfortunately for Munez).

An average of 1.5 points per game is alright. Not bad, not especially good, but an improvement on last season.

Hopefully, with Weimann and Conway back we can see some more convincing performances and edge up the league.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Interesting to note on the re-run, James going straight to King for the celebrations.

And fair play, because for all the negativity tongiht, we kept going even after the 1-1.

Onwards, Upwards, and onto "he's one of your own" Leeds on Sat.

COYR!

His assist.

Clearly approaching the twilight of his career but a top pro.

• Robin 1

54 minutes ago, watkins1983 said:

That was his first sentence. Spot on I thought. Game was crap, just some Conway magic the difference

Often games at this level are won by a differentiator, usually a goalscorer.  Tonight we had that differentiator, and that is key for a team like us with a very even / level quality squad.

Need to keep TC fit.

• Like 3

We have to be careful what we wish for. It's been slow progress for sure under Nige but we definitely have improved under him year on year both as a team and squad. He's been under certain financial restraints which other managers would have struggled to work with but has kept to the script to fall within FFP regulations. We are starting to see glimpses of the squad all pulling together the same way and I do see some identity now when I watch them. With a little more luck with injuries going forward I do think we could be in or around the playoffs at the turn of the year and who knows what can happen from there. Nige does need to feel wanted though in order to finish the job and we can play a big part in that. He needs our support. I for one will give him mine. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

His assist.

Clearly approaching the twilight of his career but a top pro.

I am sure Nigel briefed King to go on an assist Tommy.

:rolleyes:

This one’s definitely on the manager . 

On a more serious note , how can Pearson be criticised when his star players are sold , he uses the bare minimum size squad, has key injuries, plays academy kids who should be in school and yet we are still moving forwards. 
The bloke is nothing short of a miracle worker and he , along with his staff, should be offered new contracts pronto. 
Pearson sets the culture that has shaken up the club and if we stick with him we are going to have more good days than bad. 
Give him a contract you shit - Alan Partridge sub quote. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1