IGNORED

That’s all on the manager

glynriley

6 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I’m a Nige fan but the reason he won’t get a new contract is he DOES NOT get results. Just saying. 

His win draw loss percentage is probably awful and apart from the last few games and a small period last season the football has been as well.

I can see why he has not has his contract renewed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Facepalm 4

Just now, BS3_RED said:

His win draw loss percentage is probably awful and apart from the last few games and a small period last season the football has been as well.

I can see why he has not has his contract renewed.

Our situation was poor and he’s done well to get the club back on track. We are good to watch again now, I would keep him because I wouldn’t want Robins or anyone else SL may fancy! But I cannot see SL keeping him.  

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Maybe that’s why Alexander went. To be honest why play Weimann left side. He was OK but I feel with Andi we just chuck him on anywhere. I’ll not a Williams fan but he was decent today, however the sub should have been Weimann for him. 

Yeboah will be good but he isn’t ready yet. He doesn’t ever look threatening and struggles to get past the full back. I think with Conway back we see less of him for now. 

Again disagree. Can’t give Pearson credit for blooding Scott, Conway, Bell and others and then say he is getting it wrong with Yeboah. Yeboah is raw but in a good environment. He is a threat in behind. Consistently making darting runs in behind and drawing fouls. Yes his final ball will be lacking but that comes with minutes. If we are being fair, not sure he contributed less than Weimann who came on at the same time. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Our situation was poor and he’s done well to get the club back on track. We are good to watch again now, I would keep him because I wouldn’t want Robins or anyone else SL may fancy! But I cannot see SL keeping him.  

Idk if we are a good watch but definitely a better watch. Even our goals today were a set piece and mistake from them. We aren’t that entertaining in the final third. 

Not really putting this season on NP though. He has done his job to right the ship and I have been critical of him. This season though is just keep it steady. Not signing a couple more after selling Scott killed any idea of pushing top 6 realistically. 

Edited by JoeAman08
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Again disagree. Can’t give Pearson credit for blooding Scott, Conway, Bell and others and then say he is getting it wrong with Yeboah. Yeboah is raw but in a good environment. He is a threat in behind. Consistently making darting runs in behind and drawing fouls. Yes his final ball will be lacking but that comes with minutes. If we are being fair, not sure he contributed less than Weimann who came on at the same time. 

He could equally of scored but for a very good last minute tackle, he’s got pace and he’s a handful who will only get better the more he plays. We’re crying out for Conway to start but he came in as a bit part substitute when he first started getting first team minutes. Every minute on the pitch he’ll learn he could and should have been much further back helping his full back for their 3rd, but again that’s learning.

we can’t big up our academy and then not give them opportunities, then knock them if we lose.

• Like 1

I think the reason for changing the front 3 was mainly down to 3 games in a week being too much with the style we're playing currently, and probably pre-planned. The fourth sub was probably cos Tanner was struggling, so happening at the same time looked more knee jerk than it was.

I therefore understand the reasons, but don't fully agree with the Sykes / Yeboah swap, in that despite being a really exciting prospect I don't consider him ready yet. 

Therefore, overall no reasons to slate Big Nige in my opinion. As others have said on most other days we take 3 points or at least 1 there. Just one of those days...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Or whoever decides the subs. 

Bringing off Bell and Sykes is bad enough, but Yeboah when you’re chasing a result… awful. 

Very strange. I felt that was Yeboahs best performance for us and he was unfortunate to not get a goal. 

5 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Don’t think Yeboah offers much yet - will be a player but not ready at this level.

Doesn't offer much? He was an absolute nuisance today as he usually is.

• Like 2

Just now, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I actually thought we looked decent after the subs. Tempo raised a level. We were the better side. Got caught out, they scored and we lost the game. The end.

We move on (or at least some of us will it seems). Usual suspects are prominent tonight. 

Now I’m calmer you have summed it up. Including the usual suspects.  

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Very strange. I felt that was Yeboahs best performance for us and he was unfortunate to not get a goal. 

Doesn't offer much? He was an absolute nuisance today as he usually is.

No goals and no assists. As I said, have faith he will be good long term but needs time out on loan as too raw right now. 

• Like 1

I thought both Tanner and Sykes looked to be carrying knocks, which isn’t ideal when we have two more games in quick succession. Whoever made the subs chose to roll the dice and it backfired; it happens.

I’d have like to have seen Conway earlier and alongside Wells, but we didn’t lose because of the strikers or the subs IMO. We gave away some shite goals and were lacking in quality and game management. 

• Like 1

Just now, tin said:

I thought both Tanner and Sykes looked to be carrying knocks, which isn’t ideal when we have two more games in quick succession. Whoever made the subs chose to roll the dice and it backfired; it happens.

I’d have like to have seen Conway earlier and alongside Wells, but we didn’t lose because of the strikers or the subs IMO. We gave away some shite goals and were lacking in quality and game management. 

Agreed, however I don’t want to risk Conway having another set back.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

After the full time whistle Sykes was definitely heavily limping as he walked down the tunnel.

Just saying.

He has also been nursing a hamstring problem for some time, taken off as a precaution I’d say.

8 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

I like him and although wells scored he just ambles round the pitch .

Before unnecessarily pushing opponents in the back and conceding a free kick.

Took his goal well, but the shot that landed in Ashton Park was more his style.