IGNORED

That’s all on the manager

glynriley

13 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I'm sure Tanner was replaced as he was injured. He'd signalled to come off in the first half when the physio saw him and I was surprised he came out for the second. Shortly before he went off he needed to chase his man but you could see he was only going at about 70% speed. He then signalled he needed to come off.

He'd also been arguing a bit with Dickie about his starting position being (in Dickie's view) too high up the pitch. I don't know if that contributed, but it's something I've noticed Vyner complain to him about before as well.

Cornick deserves a start in one of our next two games imo. He reminds me a bit of Peter Crouch in that he never looks like he has complete control of his limbs, but in fact is deceptively skilful and good at close control. Was impressed with him today.

Dickie was ok but both he and Naismith are a risk at the back. Vyner and Atkinson would be lovely with Kal in the mid and McCrorie at RB. Big difference….oh and perhaps we will buy a decent keeper in Jan! Job done.  

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If Tanner and Sykes are now potentially injury doubts or heading towards risk of injury we truly cannot catch a break!!

Tanner won’t be a huge loss. Sykes on the other hand, disappointed he went off. He is a bright player at present for us. 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

As I’ve explained on here before, used to have a season ticket every season until I got made redundant.  Now I cannot afford to attend games so I rarely go.  I actually had a free ticket for today but my father died recently and I’m not in a good place and so just didn’t want to be around people.  

Condolences fella. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I’m normally happy to dish out criticism, but that 1st goal looked unstoppable from the angle I was seeing it from. 

Haven't seen it back but the initial challenge by Pring, on the edge of the box, looked weak ( from my position in the SS).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Let's be real, we are a nothing club going nowhere. After years of false starts it's a wonder why anyone bothers.

That may be so, but I’m 49 years deep and looking forward to my 50th year of watching City next year. 

You can always **** off if you don’t like it. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 7

38 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Dickie was ok but both he and Naismith are a risk at the back. Vyner and Atkinson would be lovely with Kal in the mid and McCrorie at RB. Big difference….oh and perhaps we will buy a decent keeper in Jan! Job done.  

Tanner won’t be a huge loss. Sykes on the other hand, disappointed he went off. He is a bright player at present for us. 

You really do come out with some utter shite.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Psychopomp said:

Then you really have no clue about how our club has been viewed in professional circles these last decades . How long did it take to get those facilities ? Have you seen what other clubs have also done? How do our facilities , those that arrived just a few years ago , compare with Prem league clubs ? 

The icing on your cake is that you quote Swindon and Rovers. Yeah that’s the benchmark for a City like Bristol . Just with these comments you confirm why we have been a joke in professional circles. 

Unreal 

Typical- you miss Reading - in the Premiership a few years ago.

If you think our club has been a joke club for decades then I pity you.

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So what you reckon the club made it up?

It serves absolutely no purpose for them to say it was inside the area if it wasn’t.

Just admit you’re wrong, it was inside the area.

Super is often negative at best.

A bit glass half empty in a City context?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, glynriley said:

I’m a massive Nige fan , but you have to say it as you see it.  Wrong , wrong, wrong. Tanner looked like he was struggling a bit. TGH for Tanner would have been my only sub at 2-2. But we threw the baby out with the bath water. 
Bell and Sykes were playing ok and Nakhi was buzzing after a goal. Shocking. 

You have written almost word for word what I was going to post, especially the baby and the bath water. Tanner was almost subbed wasn't he, made the decision before the physio was allowed on, then suddenly changed. After that it went a bit pear shaped until the mass substitutions, when has Pearson ever done that?!

Saying that the players that played today, all of them, didn't deserve that result if we are rewarded by effort. I feel more gutted than I did after leaving Leicester a week ago. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Are you serious?

The shot that hit the Bristol Bears sign was pretty awful but he worked bloody hard, took his goal well.

He gives me the complete opposite impression.

As an aside Harry Cornick can’t catch a break, that was one of his best performances for us & we still get beat, on that evidence he definitely deserves a start in one of the 2 away games coming up.

First goal from wells in open play for twenty odd games now Tommys back he will be subbed more often than not .

12 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

First goal from wells in open play for twenty odd games now Tommys back he will be subbed more often than not .

First goal in open play in just six games actually, unless you think the one at Hull was disallowed or something?

You might be right about Tommy (not Nakhi’s fault TC has been injured) but he’s been good for us this season, in my opinion.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

So what you reckon the club made it up?

It serves absolutely no purpose for them to say it was inside the area if it wasn’t.

Just admit you’re wrong, it was inside the area.

Maybe a biased view?

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

First goal in open play in just six games actually, unless you think the one at Hull was disallowed or something?

You might be right about Tommy (not Nakhi’s fault TC has been injured) but he’s been good for us this season, in my opinion.

Totally right. It's all about what Nakhi does away from scoring for me. Other players are more effective when he plays alongside them on the whole, eg Sam often 'fades' if Nahki is subbed off. The role Nahki has got is very underestimated at times by fans.

• Like 4

Its 100% not all on the manager, its all on the one who sets his transfer limits and therefore the quality of subs available.

Engine driver step forward and move "your club" forward or sit back and watch it go round and round..............round and round it is then.