IGNORED

That’s all on the manager

glynriley

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Or whoever decides the subs. 

Bringing off Bell and Sykes is bad enough, but Yeboah when you’re chasing a result… awful. 

My gut feelings say the four subs were an anger reaction & not considered.

Although of course I can't be sure of that, it certainly presented itself in that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

It was a freak result. Even after the subs, there looked like only one winner. 9 times out of 10, we’d had scored a couple in that second half and won 4-2. That would have been the result that our performance deserved but there are the very odd occasions where you just need to put things down to the footballing gods, and today was one of those. 

THIS 100%. I’m still struggling to get my head around how we’ve come away from that game with a 3-2 loss, we were terrific in every department.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

You might want to duck as the happy clappers will be all over you for daring to question NP. 

Glyn (Jase) has always been a big fan of Pearson.

Nothing wrong it saying his bizarre decisions cost us the game today, when they blatantly did.!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Son of Fred said:

Although of course I can't be sure of that, it certainly presented itself in that way.

We weren’t playing that badly. Tanner deserved to go off, gutted McCrorie is out as we are crying out for a bombing down the wing right back. Pring gave us a lot on the left. TGH is a good player but again no idea why he is on free kicks. Naismith had to be, I was expecting Kal to take that one on the edge. Cornick did well, but Sykes was on it and shouldn’t have been taken off. I’d have been tempted even to go 3.5.2.  

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Max worries me, he really does. I never feel confident with him, lacks presence and some poor decisions today. The first goal he should get a hand on it. 

I’m normally happy to dish out criticism, but that 1st goal looked unstoppable from the angle I was seeing it from. 

8 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

THIS 100%. I’m still struggling to get my head around how we’ve come away from that game with a 3-2 loss, we were terrific in every department.

Can’t be terrific in every department when you concede 3 in any game.  Granted we should have won but just lost to a poor side 

Respectfully I’d disagree with the OP Glyn. 

2 weeks ago v West Brom it was hugely frustrating that we didn’t make any subs until the 79th minute when the game was crying out for us to inject something to change the momentum of the game. 

Today Nige basically did the polar opposite of what he did v West Brom. 

We were by far the better team in the first half and once again we came out slow and sloppy in the second half and the opposition got on top. Exactly the same as v West Brom. 

When I saw the 4 changes I was surprised but actually pleasantly so. It was very clear to me that the game was going the same way as West Brom and we needed to do something to change the momentum. Stoke had began to dominate and after we’d been by far the better team in the first half it needed to change. 

And it worked. After the subs, we immediately wrestled back the momentum and were again the better side. Yeboah was giving them something to think about. Cornick was battling and scrapping for everything and giving their Cb’s a real hard time (in fact I’d give him man of the match). Weimann did what Weimann does and was drifting, dragging and making penetrative runs. The changes gave Stoke a problem and shifted the momentum back to us. Until we blew it at the end - and that was zero fault of any of the subs. 

Whilst I was very critical of Nige for the lack of subs v West Brom, I was really pleased to see how he reacted today and the early subs really shifted the momentum back to us in a game that looked like it was about to get away from us again. 
I was happy with these changes today. 

• Like 16

It’s amazing how we all see the game so differently. I thought the subs made perfect sense…. We’d lost our intensity, especially on the press, after they pulled one back and the subs all put in a massive shift to help us get that back. With us having 2 more games this week, it all seemed sensible to me.

Of the players that came on, Cornick had the best game I’ve seen from him and Weimann gave us the energy that you’d expect from him. I agree with others who say that Yeboah just isn’t quite ready to affect a game of that magnitude yet. He’s full of running, power and pace but is miles off being an effective championship player in my opinion.

Ultimately I thought we deserved to win the game but for some dreadful defending. It was incredibly frustrating to watch. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

No goals and no assists. As I said, have faith he will be good long term but needs time out on loan as too raw right now. 

Reminds me of Semenyo. Brought in too early to make an impact. Needs a few cameo appearances when we’re in control of the game. Not ready to be a game changer, yet. 

Let’s see how we react on Wednesday - need a result as unlikely to get much/anything against Leeds - don’t want to go into the international break on the back of a really poor run of results

Play like we did going forward today and cut out the mistakes and we are more than good enough to win away at Rotherham

Real tough one to take today but hopefully, we will bounce back in midweek 🤞

17 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

That just not true. I don't think we're as bad as the op states but we were far from good. 

The amount of misplaced passes and hoofs up to the channels was mind boggling. 

1 hour ago, sinenomine said:

Seemed pretty clear to me that Sykes was hooked for lack of tracking back off the ball. 

He was fine going forward but wasn't offering Tanner much support. 

Yep, tweeted @Shuffle after the game that I wondered if Bell and Sykes were subbed for not tracking back a couple of time second half.  Haven’t seen their equaliser, and it was in far corner from where I sat so did Bell switch off for the give and go to Hoever?

(Great pull back by the way)

(Great strike for their opener by the way)

1 hour ago, Harvey86 said:

I actually thought Sykes tracked back better in the first half than Bell did 2nd half (watching from the Dolman). Thought Cornick was good, but needs someone closer to him to pick up the ball when he flicks on/ it bundles off his shin. Like the look of Yeboah, but wish we could keep him as a last ten substitute for energy rather than pinning our hopes on him that early in the game

First half we were pretty dominant (as dominant as a City side ever is), so not an awful lot of tracking back needed.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Very good second half after 54th minute?  We had one shot.  I don’t think one shot in 43 minutes of football can ever be called very good.  Lacked any sort of finesse or calmness on the ball: thought it was really poor 

We had 6 shots at half-time.  13 at full-time.  All 7 in the second half came after the subs.  I’ve just gone back over bbc live text. So you’re facts are way, way off.

7 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

I think there was some anger in Bell and Sykes subs.  Tanner injury, carried over from first half, perhaps?  TGH almost came on first half.

I wouldn’t have made 4 subs.

I actually thought we played well for most of the game.

I think the result is driving people’s criticism.  If they want to be critical of the result, that’s cool, I’m bloody annoyed by it too.

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We weren’t playing that badly. Tanner deserved to go off, gutted McCrorie is out as we are crying out for a bombing down the wing right back. Pring gave us a lot on the left. TGH is a good player but again no idea why he is on free kicks. Naismith had to be, I was expecting Kal to take that one on the edge. Cornick did well, but Sykes was on it and shouldn’t have been taken off. I’d have been tempted even to go 3.5.2.  

Because he was carrying an injury?  Or because you thought he was poor?  I thought he gave more attacking wise today than he has all season.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Can’t be terrific in every department when you concede 3 in any game.  Granted we should have won but just lost to a poor side 

No, you can’t.  We defended really poorly for their winner.

I need to see the equaliser again.  Looked sloppy in letting Hoever get the cross in.

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Respectfully I’d disagree with the OP Glyn. 

2 weeks ago v West Brom it was hugely frustrating that we didn’t make any subs until the 79th minute when the game was crying out for us to inject something to change the momentum of the game. 

Today Nige basically did the polar opposite of what he did v West Brom. 

We were by far the better team in the first half and once again we came out slow and sloppy in the second half and the opposition got on top. Exactly the same as v West Brom. 

When I saw the 4 changes I was surprised but actually pleasantly so. It was very clear to me that the game was going the same way as West Brom and we needed to do something to change the momentum. Stoke had began to dominate and after we’d been by far the better team in the first half it needed to change. 

And it worked. After the subs, we immediately wrestled back the momentum and were again the better side. Yeboah was giving them something to think about. Cornick was battling and scrapping for everything and giving their Cb’s a real hard time (in fact I’d give him man of the match). Weimann did what Weimann does and was drifting, dragging and making penetrative runs. The changes gave Stoke a problem and shifted the momentum back to us. Until we blew it at the end - and that was zero fault of any of the subs. 

Whilst I was very critical of Nige for the lack of subs v West Brom, I was really pleased to see how he reacted today and the early subs really shifted the momentum back to us in a game that looked like it was about to get away from us again. 
I was happy with these changes today. 

Fair enough, I respect your opinion mate. Needless to say, I don’t agree 👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

He does give me the impression hes not enjoying his football .

Are you serious?

The shot that hit the Bristol Bears sign was pretty awful but he worked bloody hard, took his goal well.

He gives me the complete opposite impression.

As an aside Harry Cornick can’t catch a break, that was one of his best performances for us & we still get beat, on that evidence he definitely deserves a start in one of the 2 away games coming up.

• Like 9
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Yeboah will be good but he isn’t ready yet. He doesn’t ever look threatening and struggles to get past the full back. I think with Conway back we see less of him for now. 

100% agree, very frustrating against a physical team today,  spent of his time on his backside.

Edited by Corsham Ed

31 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Agreed, however I don’t want to risk Conway having another set back.  

If he’s fit enough to be on the bench, he should be fit enough to play longer than the few minutes he did. If he’s not 90% fit, he shouldn’t be on the bench IMO. 

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Fair enough, I respect your opinion mate. Needless to say, I don’t agree 👍

Yep. Trust me mate, it was a surprise to me that he did it. But ultimately I think overall we played better after the substitutions and I don’t think the loss was as a result of those changes. 

• Like 1