IGNORED

Lansdown

frenchred

Just now, REDOXO said:

Don’t even know what that means?

From Wiki

Führer is a German word meaning "leader" or "guide". As a political title, it is strongly associated with Adolf Hitler, the dictator of Nazi Germany from 1933 to 1945.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

From Wiki

Führer is a German word meaning "leader" or "guide". As a political title, it is strongly associated with Adolf Hitler, the dictator of Nazi Germany from 1933 to 1945.

Thanks for that! However I was referring to the statement itself. To be clear, taking the easy route from what?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Only the OP can explain but I assume they mean that Q&A from rugby fans will be more genteel, more friendly- easier ride than us given the activity post Scott and the sense of drift.

If there's a fans forum this season for men's football then it should be announced fairly soon. Last season's was held on 28 October, season prior to that it was 11 October, in seasons before that it's normally late October or early November.

@thatcham red @phantom sorry if I missed something from SC&T but is there something on the horizon this season?

Edited by ExiledAjax

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I’d be very surprised.

Not comfortable with stupid comments like “fuhrer” but pretty obvious SL neither respects the views of City supporters or is going to engage with us in any meaningful way now.

Once we got to the “do you know how much money I put in” stage it was obvious he just expects us to turn up, be grateful & not question him.

It’s gone stale under his leadership, he is far more interested in investments like the Sporting Quarter than the first team & we simply need him to sell up.

Very lucky that in Pearson he found a manager willing to sort out the mess he inherited & his apparent reluctance to extend his contract just sums up how little he still understands about football.

I've edited my post as I checked and saw that last season's was announced on 10 October. As we're on 6 October it seems unreasonable to assume that nothing is happening this season.

We've been pretty good at having at least one Fans Forum each season for the past 5 I think it is. I think it is expected, and it would be very disappointing and surprising to have nothing.

58 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I see the Fuhrer is taking the easy route with a Q and A with the eggchasers before their game at Ashton gate

What a bizarre rant.

What's wrong with Lansdown doing something related to the rugby..? Clearly desperate to attack him for literally anything.

• Like 8
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I’d be very surprised.

Not comfortable with stupid comments like “fuhrer” but pretty obvious SL neither respects the views of City supporters or is going to engage with us in any meaningful way now.

Once we got to the “do you know how much money I put in” stage it was obvious he just expects us to turn up, be grateful & not question him.

It’s gone stale under his leadership, he is far more interested in investments like the Sporting Quarter than the first team & we simply need him to sell up.

Very lucky that in Pearson he found a manager willing to sort out the mess he inherited & his apparent reluctance to extend his contract just sums up how little he still understands about football.

Is there a credible interested party to ‘sell up’ to? 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I thought there was an EFL reg about two Fans Forums per season or is that inclusive of Supporters Trust as a qualifying criteria.

That's a term of the MOU that the SC&T have with the Club. 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Imagine if there is one it’ll just be Tinns and Nige. Not a chance SL will show up and would he truly truly amazed if they let JL up there to public speak and answer Qs. 

Expect Tinns, Nige and a senior player like Naismith, Weimann, King or James.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

No Director? That would be poor given the lurch in strategy.

It's precisely because of that lurch in strategy that I wouldn't expect a director to attend. 

Anyway as far as BCFC Limited is concerned, Tinnion is as much a director as Rawcliffe.

I agree it's poor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

It's precisely because of that lurch in strategy that I wouldn't expect a director to attend. 

Anyway as far as BCFC Limited is concerned, Tinnion is as much a director as Rawcliffe.

I agree it's poor.

The lurch in strategy, I'd say fronting up is best all round personally and if there are some weird factors that are not entirely in the hands of the club it is best we know about it from someone on the business side.

• Admin

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

I see the Fuhrer is taking the easy route with a Q and A with the eggchasers before their game at Ashton gate

Not sure Fuhrer is a word to be used and is certainly not appropriate 

I know there are Q&As at all the rugby matches on a stage in the South Stand and previously took place in the bar after a game 

Nothing to get excited about as it's a regular thing at the rugby 

• Like 3

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

EA, you know about this stuff.

https://archive.ph/2023.04.12-065725/https://theathletic.com/4394221/2023/04/12/watford-risk-breaching-efl-rules-over-fan-engagement/

This was pertaining to Fans Forums last spring, says 2 a season.

Or is it that the SC&T comfortably covers all such obligations. 

We're meeting the club on the 11th October 

I will raise this then

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An interesting one. 

The disrespectful and down right nasty comments on here provoked Mr Lansdown to cut ties with this forum years ago. I had one or two back n forth with him back in the day! Always very friendly, however some on here not so much. 

Since then he really stopped taking any notice of supporters/forums outside of supporters groups such as the supporters club and trust. 

His own vision for Bristol Sport based upon the Barcelona model are well documented and to be frank, no matter what some say, are ongoing Ashton Vale being a big set back! 

The issue with Bristol City has been unsuccessful managers and the roles played by those peripheral to first team affairs. Appointments up until Pearson have ranged from GJ who nearly did it to LJ who would have to defer signings to Ashton if some are to be believed (I don’t for a minute) and the likes of Holden/McIness/SOD et al. 

Not good!

However some of those were thought to be good decisions by supporters, particularly some on here, that subsequently turned out to be awful. SoD being notable there. 

My thought is some supporters have reaped what they have sown with Lansdowns perceived attitude and to be frank they have.  

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not sure Fuhrer is a word to be used and is certainly not appropriate 

I know there are Q&As at all the rugby matches on a stage in the South Stand and previously took place in the bar after a game 

Nothing to get excited about as it's a regular thing at the rugby 

You may say it's nothing to get excited about, as football fans and supporters of the club we deserve some communication.

Maybe the rugby equivalent of the SC&T is more functional than ours at the football club, if I deed it is organised by them

• Like 1