IGNORED

Lansdown

frenchred

1 minute ago, tin said:

My thought is SL has had more than two decades to get us PL-ready and asides from the stadium and the training ground, we still lack any long-term strategy or culture to help us get there — and that’s still the case now. 

I don’t believe for a minute that SL built his empire on his decisions, and his alone. Hargreaves challenged him and they drove the company on. Why’s he not done similar with the football club? 

I’ve long gone past wanting to hear from him; I don’t want to hear about his false PL ambitions, nor do I want to hear his bumbling contradictions. He is so detached from the fans, and from what it takes to achieve success. The sooner he moves on, the better IMO. 

So much better put than my post!

4 minutes ago, tin said:

My thought is SL has had more than two decades to get us PL-ready and asides from the stadium and the training ground, we still lack any long-term strategy or culture to help us get there — and that’s still the case now. 

I don’t believe for a minute that SL built his empire on his decisions, and his alone. Hargreaves challenged him and they drove the company on. Why’s he not done similar with the football club? 

I’ve long gone past wanting to hear from him; I don’t want to hear about his false PL ambitions, nor do I want to hear his bumbling contradictions. He is so detached from the fans, and from what it takes to achieve success. The sooner he moves on, the better IMO. 

That is basically it, his legacy at the club. 25 years.

The third little pig built a decent house, but I wouldn't want him running the football club.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tin said:

Twice this week you’ve articulated my thoughts perfectly. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Not sure Fuhrer is a word to be used and is certainly not appropriate 

I know there are Q&As at all the rugby matches on a stage in the South Stand and previously took place in the bar after a game 

Nothing to get excited about as it's a regular thing at the rugby 

But why can't it be a regular thing at the football too? 

When was the last time Lansdown met with our fans? Seems quite a long time ago now...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

When was the last time Lansdown met with our fans? Seems quite a long time ago now...

On this thread alone he has been compared to one of the three little pigs and Hitler. Are you truly surprised he doesn't want to face the fans?

I wonder whether he would appear on one of the City podcasts, if invited.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

12 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

On this thread alone he has been compared to one of the three little pigs and Hitler. Are you truly surprised he doesn't want to face the fans?

I wonder whether he would appear on one of the City podcasts, if invited.

Re that last bit, not a chance. Though to be fair when he was on 3 Peeps, it was basically “is there anything you want to tell your grateful subjects?”.

This argument boils down to this, a few keyboard warriors are ***** so he shouldn’t engage with the vast majority of our 20,000 crowds who clearly aren’t. Rugby fans are civilised, we’re shaved apes.

Basically this argument is another variation on “if SL leaves then we’ll get owners like Sheffield Wednesday have”.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, tin said:

Lack Long term strategy and culture. That is the one thing Pearson has brought. A strategy of development and if the right price is hit sale rinse repeat. The strategy prior to this was a load of old Ashton bollox. The culture is clear on the pitch and has been discussed ad Infiniti’s lately. Even Tommy ConwAy mentioned it. 

Have no clue who did what at HL 

That was one of my initial points that detachment has been a two way street based on the garbage some supporters have spoken for years and years. 

Of course he is premier league ambitious the ground facilities and investment at AG and AV are a matter of record. 

The issue has been bad choices and a coherent CEO driving it. The last CEO was fired as it seems Tinman and Pearson are driving it. That gets my vote!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, frenchred said:

You may say it's nothing to get excited about, as football fans and supporters of the club we deserve some communication.

Maybe the rugby equivalent of the SC&T is more functional than ours at the football club, if I deed it is organised by them

They don't have one 

• Admin
40 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That's a question for the club officials 

Though rugby is still very amateur in many ways and many things are much more low key 

• Admin
2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

An interesting one. 

The disrespectful and down right nasty comments on here provoked Mr Lansdown to cut ties with this forum years ago. I had one or two back n forth with him back in the day! Always very friendly, however some on here not so much. 

Since then he really stopped taking any notice of supporters/forums outside of supporters groups such as the supporters club and trust. 

His own vision for Bristol Sport based upon the Barcelona model are well documented and to be frank, no matter what some say, are ongoing Ashton Vale being a big set back! 

The issue with Bristol City has been unsuccessful managers and the roles played by those peripheral to first team affairs. Appointments up until Pearson have ranged from GJ who nearly did it to LJ who would have to defer signings to Ashton if some are to be believed (I don’t for a minute) and the likes of Holden/McIness/SOD et al. 

Not good!

However some of those were thought to be good decisions by supporters, particularly some on here, that subsequently turned out to be awful. SoD being notable there. 

My thought is some supporters have reaped what they have sown with Lansdowns perceived attitude and to be frank they have.  

It's important to highlight that a very large part of this is your opinion and certainly not factual

2 hours ago, tin said:

Very true,  Simon Jordan summed up SL in one off the cuff remark when Jim White - trying to wind him up about SL & Jordan not getting along - said " Steve Lansdown's much wealthier than you" 

Jordan "yeah he is very wealthy......but he still can't get his club into the Premier League"

Whatever your view on Jordan he promised when he bought Palace he get into the PL within 5 years and he did it in 4. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, all the Anti SL brigade on here had a whip round and are going to offer £50, a couple of pints of Thatchers and a packet of crisps at the 3 Lions.

And because nobody on here is as wealthy as SL, the forelock tuggers come out with inane comments like this. 

Thanks for having a go Steve, but after quarter of a century of flip flopping strategies and general underachievement, time to let someone else have a try. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 3
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Well that sums up nearly every post on this forum!

Fixed.

I guess it is a forum after all! 

As far SL goes the Utter nonsense has increased exponentially recently. The level of the attacks on the bloke by some are uncalled for and this theme of the faster he goes the better is garbage unless there is a viable alternative, which to my knowledge there isn’t YET!

Of course we could use more visibility from The Lansdown family in general, but there it is! I have said often that it feels like a quiet period while on going negotiations  move forward, but, what does seemed to have changed is the profile of BT and the assistant manager who happily discuss football strategy.

My own opinion is that quite a lot of people think more Scott money should have been spent and the nest egg comment has been construed as a personal nest egg rather than a football nest egg, by a billionaire!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, phantom said:

That's a question for the club officials 

Though rugby is still very amateur in many ways and many things are much more low key 

Rather than low key, I’d say low paid, the rugby guys are as professional as the football guys in their respective training regimes and personal habits, diet etc.

The rugby guys however are free to mix with fans, football not so much, barriers physically erected both pre and post match to ‘protect’ the players from fans.

If you hang around long enough you can have a direct conversation with the football guys when they eventually emerge from the stadium and walk to their transport presumably free of the media teams shackles, the rugby guys mix much more freely quite soon after the games are finished, not amateur at all, perhaps more professional than their football counterparts.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Rather than low key, I’d say low paid, the rugby guys are as professional as the football guys in their respective training regimes and personal habits, diet etc.

The rugby guys however are free to mix with fans, football not so much, barriers physically erected both pre and post match to ‘protect’ the players from fans.

If you hang around long enough you can have a direct conversation with the football guys when they eventually emerge from the stadium and walk to their transport presumably free of the media teams shackles, the rugby guys mix much more freely quite soon after the games are finished, not amateur at all, perhaps more professional than their football counterparts.

I did mean more in the way they are off to pitch as businesses, certainly not in athleticism terms 

It's amazing how many club officials and players watch Bristol 

In my opinion it makes people more approachable 

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Lack Long term strategy and culture. That is the one thing Pearson has brought. A strategy of development and if the right price is hit sale rinse repeat. The strategy prior to this was a load of old Ashton bollox. The culture is clear on the pitch and has been discussed ad Infiniti’s lately. Even Tommy ConwAy mentioned it. 

Have no clue who did what at HL 

That was one of my initial points that detachment has been a two way street based on the garbage some supporters have spoken for years and years. 

Of course he is premier league ambitious the ground facilities and investment at AG and AV are a matter of record. 

The issue has been bad choices and a coherent CEO driving it. The last CEO was fired as it seems Tinman and Pearson are driving it. That gets my vote!

You’re spot on about Nige sorting the culture, but that is restricted to on the field only. Think about what Nige has achieved in two-and-a-half years and compare that to the culture and strategy SL has implemented off the field — there is none, and has never been any for 20+ years and the buck stops with Steve.

That’s reflected in a lack of vision, a lack of appointing the right people to the right positions at the right times, a real lack of any succession planning, woeful communication and much more. 

And if SL had the slightest clue about football, why hasn’t given a smidgen of praise to Nige and Tins? And why hasn’t he secured Nige’s future? If it’s because he challenges SL’s views, that won’t wash with me and I hope it won’t wash with others either. Thats not good enough.

Edited by tin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, tin said:

You’re spot on about Nige sorting the culture, but that is restricted to on the field only. Think about what Nige has achieved in two-and-a-half years and compare that to the culture and strategy SL has implemented off the field — there is none, and has never been any for 20+ years and the buck stops with Steve.

That’s reflected in a lack of vision, a lack of appointing the right people to the right positions at the right times, a real lack of any succession planning, woeful communication and much more. 

And if SL had the slightest clue about football, why hasn’t given a smidgen of praise to Nige and Tins? And why hasn’t he secured Nige’s future? If it’s because he challenges SL’s views, that won’t wash with me and I hope it won’t wash with others either. Thats not good enough.

I certainly think SL has finally got someone that knows what he’s doing. However reading some of the **** wittery on here there is a load that want him fired. Nuts! 

Im not completely sure what you mean by culture. But certainly mistakes have been made, JL is anonymous and SL financed the idiot Johnson to an extent that is inexcusable. 

As someone said earlier, perhaps it was you I’m not sure, some don’t want to hear from Lansdown and right now I’m not sure he should bother. 

Who knows what conversations SL and NP have and what the situation is with contracts and who challenges whom. I don’t. But the things I do know is we are one point out of the play offs, we have money in the bank and our best player is in the team albeit as a sub coming back from injury, we have a team that is very much fighting for each other and have players to come back. 

Perhaps Lansdown SL/JL should keep their mouths shut!?

• Hmmm 1