IGNORED

England Vs Italy

BCFCGav

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Who - in your opinion - was the last player England had who had as much potential as Bellingham?

The fella is genuinely world class.

Probably Gazza and he underachieved in his career for obvious reasons. It’s highly possible that Bellingham will be seen as the best English player of all time by the time he retires.  To be wowing Madrid fans at this age, bearing in mind the quality they are used to watching, is quite incredible 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 2

The brilliant Bellingham got me thinking.

When was the last time someone has played for England but never played in the top flight in England.

As I write I’ve just thought of Owen Hargreaves, before that the only other that comes to mind in my time is Steve Bull. Probably others though? 

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

When was the last time someone has played for England but never played in the top flight in England.

As I write I’ve just thought of Owen Hargreaves, before that the only other that comes to mind in my time is Steve Bull. Probably others though? 

Hargreaves had a massive career at Bayern

Edited by SecretSam

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Probably Gaza’s and he underachieved in his career for obvious reasons. It’s highly possible that Bellingham will be seen as the best English player of all time by the time he retires.  To be wowing Madrid fans at this age, bearing in mind the quality they are used to watching, is quite incredible 

We have 2 for Gazza, 1 for Owen and 1 for Rooney (so far).

The fact there isn't (yet) a clear concensus suggest Bellingham is possibly even more special.

Just now, ralphindevon said:

Don’t mention Steve xxxxxxx bull , arrrgggghhh , 

every time that xxxxxx played against us he scored 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

A teacher, who played his football in Bristol?

• Like 2
  • Robin 2

Just now, redkev said:

Don’t mention Steve xxxxxxx bull , arrrgggghhh , 

every time that xxxxxx played against us he scored 

I cam bring you back down to earth with an Iain Muir.

Or that bloke who played for Walsall (name escapes me), his goal scoring bonus probably got him a new car every year he played against us.

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

John Atyeo for a start

Brian Clough

to keep any gashead on here happy

Geoff Bradford