IGNORED

England Vs Italy

BCFCGav

1 minute ago, RedEd73 said:

I actually think he did score for Oxford at Ashton Gate one year...late winner. Sticks in my head because my mate was giving him hell all match and after he bagged the goal he came up to us and gave some right back!

Don't remember that. Do remember him getting appalling stick from the East End, reacting, having a shot, clearing the roof...getting abyse, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SecretSam said:

Don't remember that. Do remember him getting appalling stick from the East End, reacting, having a shot, clearing the roof...getting abyse, etc.

I could be wrong but reckon it was 15 March 1994....we lost 1 nil but I can't find the scorer on t'interweb

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Kane at 30 and Bellingham at 20 is surely the optimum combination of those two players we will ever get. One will keep getting better but one will start to decline. Massive chance next summer with those two, and this squad.

And Saka - Another wonderkid and influential 

Foden will do more and more for England

If we can find a successor to Harry - imagine the potential for the next couple of World Cups and Euros !

Rico Lewis , Palmer ...... 

Its never looked so good now and for the forthcoming years for England

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Remember Joey Beauchamp.

Not remotely on topic for this conversation, but didn't his Doris get homesick moving from Oxford to Swindon? Why didn't she just say 'Swindon is shit'.

I was living in Oxford at the time. They HATE Swindon, like you wouldn't believe. But homesickness hits a lot of players, didn't we have a lad who ended up at Fulham, never played for us?

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I only remember the end of Bobby Charlton but in all those years Gascogne was the best for me , could make International players look silly - outrageous ability 

Never thought anyone would surpass in my lifetime but if Bellingham already hasnt , he’s on his shoulder and will shortly stride past him

If you wanted to create a cheat ‘all round footballer ‘ for FIFA - he’d be it

Has everything in fantastic ability , athleticism ...and desire and attitude .... and lots of everything 

Amazing...... at 20 

Incredible

Completely agree about Bellingham. The reason I say Gazza underachieved is because he was much better than he consistently produced. JB will produce it nearly every game.  PG was so hit and miss 

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

We are so, so good man. And all fit, I think Shaw and Saka come in and strengthen us further. My expectations for next summer are at fever pitch.

This is England, remember...😉

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

France now 4-1 up.  Only a friendly, but any humiliation of Scotland doesn’t go amiss.

Scots have probably been on the piss since they qualified 

Edited by SecretSam

6 minutes ago, Malago said:

France now 4-1 up.  Only a friendly, but any humiliation of Scotland doesn’t go amiss.

They've done well to qualify as convincingly as they have, but their last 3 games have been against us, Spain and France and have shown the difference in quality.

Edited by Northern Red

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Bellingham had a proper swagger about him tonight that I've not noticed before, self confidence bordering on arrogance that says "I'm f*****g good and you lot know I am".

I posted about his ‘swagger’ when we missed out to the French in that WC game - he had that ‘come on we can do these’

and that look he knew he’s bloody good and better than most , the best player on the pitch , but without the arrogance of a Ronaldo or Mbappe 

• Like 2