IGNORED

England Vs Italy

BCFCGav

34 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Not sure this will go down well with fans and might make him even more unpopular.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67142612

Odd article as watching on TV there seemed to be nothing but cheering and clapping. Maybe someone who was in the stadium can say if different, but probably the best thing to do is say nothing and let the football do the talking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I'm sure Bellingham will play in our top flight at some point

Though he said after the game that he wants to spend the next 10 or 15 years at Real Madrid. So it's not a given that he will play in the Premier League.

After all he could have gone to Man Utd but went to Dortmund and to Man City but went to Real Madrid.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

And Saka - Another wonderkid and influential 

Foden will do more and more for England

If we can find a successor to Harry - imagine the potential for the next couple of World Cups and Euros !

Rico Lewis , Palmer ...... 

Its never looked so good now and for the forthcoming years for England

For me Foden is still all about potential in an England shirt. He so far has not reached the sort of level he has for his club. Also Kalvin Phillips is not the answer in midfield. Too negative and a lose canon likely to get wound up and sent off in big games. Apart from that I thought we were great. Bellingham is just so talented but also so committed. Future Captain for sure.

15 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Bellingham had a proper swagger about him tonight that I've not noticed before, self confidence bordering on arrogance that says "I'm f*****g good and you lot know I am".

First time I've seen him live tonight and can confirm he's an absolute beast. What a player.

Two things I noticed which are hard to appreciate watching on the box.

1) He was CONSTANTLY geeing up the crowd, particularly in the first half. The atmosphere at Wembley was pretty flat as usual. I think he recognises this, and the importance of getting the crowd going. He was gesticulating to the crowd after every tackle made near the touchline, corner, or even for a thrown-in won in their half. Never seen this before from another player.

2) He does show his frustration a lot at his teammates of they fail to pick him out or misplace a pass. I mean he does it pretty much every time in fact. I assume it's a symptom of being better than everyone else and being able to see plays that other players simply can't. There were rumours he wasn't the most popular player at Dortmund for this reason. I don't mind it, as long as it doesn't go too far. It was just something I picked up on watching him close-up. Any time the ball didn't get to him he'd throw his arms up in the air and direct some verbals to his teammates. 

What a player though and good to see Southgate play him in his favoured position further forward. He's going to be a nightmare for any team in the world to deal with. 

20231017_195543.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Odd article as watching on TV there seemed to be nothing but cheering and clapping. Maybe someone who was in the stadium can say if different, but probably the best thing to do is say nothing and let the football do the talking.

Presumably referring to the Australian game and when himself has been booed .

4 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

That bloody Maguire played again.

60 odd caps.

Three tournaments.

A final.

A semi.

A quarter.

Surely Slabhead will get found out soon. 

Ridiculous isn’t it. 
If I were a Man U fan I’d rather have him start over every single one of their other centre backs. Varane is past it, Martinez is strange and generally a bit of a hacker, Evans ha ha, Lindelof is terrible and rarely fit. 
He’s the best and most reliable CB they’ve had since he went there and they’ve treated him like shite 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ridiculous isn’t it. 
If I were a Man U fan I’d rather have him start over every single one of their other centre backs. Varane is past it, Martinez is strange and generally a bit of a hacker, Evans ha ha, Lindelof is terrible and rarely fit. 
He’s the best and most reliable CB they’ve had since he went there and they’ve treated him like shite 

And they laud their players for being ‘mentality monsters’, yet when it comes to him, he should just give up and admit he’s not good enough & leave. 

7 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Interesting that Southgate mentioned Phillips being lucky not to get a red in his after match interview. Rusty Phillips may be but as this team comes together it shows that his card is marked by the coaches to improve. Both tackles were clumsy if not dangerous.

If that was tournament knock out football he would of been off no doubt , I think Southgate might have taught himself a lesson there , get playing first team football or I can’t pick , both challenges just lacked timing something he would have if he was playing , macguire slightly different as not quite combative in the back 4 but 1 mistimed challenge could well be a red or a pen . Macguire needs to play as I think a fit a fully playing macguire starts every time for England the way we play , 

42 minutes ago, petehinton said:

And they laud their players for being ‘mentality monsters’, yet when it comes to him, he should just give up and admit he’s not good enough & leave. 

Mentality monsters

Bruno - Rashford - Sancho - Shaw -Martial are some of the most spineless players i have ever seen

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, redkev said:

If that was tournament knock out football he would of been off no doubt , I think Southgate might have taught himself a lesson there , get playing first team football or I can’t pick , both challenges just lacked timing something he would have if he was playing , macguire slightly different as not quite combative in the back 4 but 1 mistimed challenge could well be a red or a pen . Macguire needs to play as I think a fit a fully playing macguire starts every time for England the way we play , 

I’m sure Phillips made a couple of equally rash/mistimed tackles vs Scotland recently too. 

What I’ve not seen mentioned anywhere is how he was actually very lucky to get away with another yellow (potential red) for raising his foot into another players face, about 30 seconds into the game. It think the ref was very very lenient with him there too. 
If Var reviews that in the premier league it’s a potential red. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

First time I've seen him live tonight and can confirm he's an absolute beast. What a player.

1) He was CONSTANTLY geeing up the crowd, particularly in the first half. The atmosphere at Wembley was pretty flat as usual. I think he recognises this, and the importance of getting the crowd going. He was gesticulating to the crowd after every tackle made near the touchline, corner, or even for a thrown-in won in their half. Never seen this before from another player.

2) He does show his frustration a lot at his teammates of they fail to pick him out or misplace a pass. I mean he does it pretty much every time in fact. I assume it's a symptom of being better than everyone else and being able to see plays that other players simply can't. There were rumours he wasn't the most popular player at Dortmund for this reason. I don't mind it, as long as it doesn't go too far. It was just something I picked up on watching him close-up. Any time the ball didn't get to him he'd throw his arms up in the air and direct some verbals to his teammates. 

What a player though and good to see Southgate play him in his favoured position further forward. He's going to be a nightmare for any team in the world to deal with. 

20231017_195543.jpg

Point 2: Is there an element of the "greedy" striker about that? It goes with the swagger and the self confidence that @Northern Red talks about - and its indicative of the sort of self belief that really great players need.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Point 2: Is there an element of the "greedy" striker about that? It goes with the swagger and the self confidence that @Northern Red talks about - and its indicative of the sort of self belief that really great players need.

Possibly. Though I wouldn't use the word greedy. Rashford on the other hand! Really needs to release the ball a bit earlier. Then again, justified it to an extent last night with that cracking goal.

Bellingham did brilliantly there too with the diagonal run to take the defender away from Rashford. His football IQ is magnificent.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

20231017_195543.jpg

This is winning mentality.

Michael Jordan, who was a level above all other players in the NBA, was a complete and utter perfectionist. Probably the most talented sportsperson of all time.

He pushed his team mates to be the best they could be, he was a bit of an arse. And he knew that they weren't as good as him. If they put in 100% and went the extra mile, that earnt MJs respect.

• Like 2

On 18/10/2023 at 14:30, Sixtyseconds said:

That bloody Maguire played again.

60 odd caps.

Three tournaments.

A final.

A semi.

A quarter.

Surely Slabhead will get found out soon. 

Whatever you do.............Don't Boo him.........Because Proper England fans should NEVER Boo England Player's!   Harry has Spoken, and in Harry's World........ you are NOT allowed an opinion?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

A little surprised to see Rashford in that list.  I’ve never regarded him as spineless, on or off the field.

Off the pitch i have no idea so i would not say anything about him on that

On the pitch When the going gets tough he is the first player to hide (may be Bruno)

• Like 1

Quite enjoyed that one.

Seemed a decent test but one we came through well. Bellingham made the 2nd excellently, Kane's 3rd and clinching goal was great.

Not the most secure at the back hut Italy were likely to cause some problems- had a lot to play for and Spalletti is more pressing than Mancini.

We were better in possession than the Euros final that is for sure- they were quite dominant in that regard with Jorginho-Verratti-Barrella. The competition of the midfield is quite nice- Rice and Bellingham especially, time on their side too.

On 18/10/2023 at 03:06, ralphindevon said:

Ah, I’d forgot those 4 appearances for WBA were in the top flight.

That narrows down the list even more.

I am pretty sure both Kevin Phillips and Micahel Gray got England caps while Sunderland were still in the championship (it may have still been Div 1 then, can't remember when that changed). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, maxjak said:

Whatever you do.............Don't Boo him.........Because Proper England fans should NEVER Boo England Player's!   Harry has Spoken, and in Harry's World........ you are NOT allowed an opinion?

Little late, may have had a few. Just can't work out (probs me being thick) if you're supporting Maguire or not?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, Harry has played 60 games for his country, can't remember too many mistakes, he's still arguably Man Uniteds best defender.

Chat to anyone at the highest level, City's level, decent non league, any bloody level, being negative doesn't help. That applies to life too.

MaxJak I hope you were not slating HM for his last game, or any game really. If you were or are the type who likes to pick a scapegoat in our team please stop, or tell us what level you played at and when it was ok to shit on someone.

Very pished, will most likely delete shortly....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

I am pretty sure both Kevin Phillips and Micahel Gray got England caps while Sunderland were still in the championship (it may have still been Div 1 then, can't remember when that changed). 

Peter Taylor played for England four times when he was still at Palace in Division Three (old money). He must be the only player to have done that.