IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m guessing he can`t even drive at the moment either so that`s another bit of hassle he has to deal with. Those long coach trips aren`t much fun with a back problem either speaking as one who`s done it in the past.

Yeah, and City signing up to the commitment not to fly had nothing to do with climate change: it was purely to spite NP. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BUTOR said:

I saw someone suggesting it may have been Tinnion questioning King's selection over academy players, would make sense. Who else in the hierarchy does NP actually speak to?

Tins is no fool, the only CB that might have been considered is Idehen (sp), who is simply running down his contract and although signed on Tins recommendation simply isn’t good enough at Championship level,Jamie LBN although having captained the U21s has zero experience at this level and although he might do a job for 20mins the thinking that he would be  a better option than King is laughable.

There are currently no other options for CB in the Academy, I really can’t see Tins falling out with NP over this.

1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

Tins is no fool, the only CB that might have been considered is Idehen (sp), who is simply running down his contract and although signed on Tins recommendation simply isn’t good enough at Championship level,Jamie LBN although having captained the U21s has zero experience at this level and although he might do a job for 20mins the thinking that he would be  a better option than King is laughable.

There are currently no other options for CB in the Academy, I really can’t see Tins falling out with NP over this.

Nige and Tins have a huge amount of respect for each other. There has been no falling out. 

• Like 4

The more I think about this, the more convinced I become that it's just a matter of when, not if, the trigger is pulled on Nige. 

I think it's becoming very obvious that his contract is not going to be renewed and it's incredibly rare for a manager to have a long-term contract and simply work until it expires, then leave. So that leaves two options, either poached by another club (v unlikely) or the sack/mutual consent.

It sounds to me like he has either been given an ultimatum on achieving results or get the sack, or possibly has got wind of that ultimatum, and it wasn't meant to be conveyed to him personally. 

He was a game away from being sacked twice last season, and survived by avoiding defeat in several key games. 

I said at the start of the season that he would probably be given even less breathing space this season and it seems like that is the case, and on top of that there has now evidently been a falling out of sorts that Nige has chosen to make public. 

It all points to only one outcome unfortunately, and I think the only way Nige avoids the sack is by going on some ludicrously great run of form, or being in the top 6. 

I suspect we are in a scenario where the Lansdowns are just waiting for the optimal time to fire him whilst ensuring they get the least amount of blowback. Probably a couple of defeats on the spin, or a drop in league position into the bottom half.

It may also depend on who they are looking at as a replacement. Some obvious names to them may be Nathan Jones, John Eustace, or Gary Rowett.

I wouldn't be surprised if our former u-23s coach Luke Williams, who has done a fine job at Notts C, was in the conversation too. Apparently retains a good relationship with Tinnion. 

Maybe I've overthought it, but those remarks from Nige yesterday were fairly unprecedented, and I just feel the end can't be too far away now. 

The only way he can save himself is to achieve an outstanding set of results, which seems a tall ask given the current state of the squad.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

Could it be that Pearson is peed off with Lansdown as no contact has been made to see how he actually is following his operation. Bearing in mind that Lansdown made the effort to attend a Bears match and host a q and a. Would it have been too much trouble to drive 20 minutes to Nailsea and call in on Nige to wish him well.

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Nige and Tins have a huge amount of respect for each other. There has been no falling out. 

Agree.  Even if Tinman doesn’t agree with Andy King it’s a footballing decision and the buck starts and stops with the manager on that one.  Don’t see Tinns as throwing any toys out about it given the wealth of youth Nige has brought through.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The more I think about this, the more convinced I become that it's just a matter of when, not if, the trigger is pulled on Nige. 

I think it's becoming very obvious that his contract is not going to be renewed and it's incredibly rare for a manager to have a long-term contract and simply work until it expires, then leave. So that leaves two options, either poached by another club (v unlikely) or the sack/mutual consent.

It sounds to me like he has either been given an ultimatum on achieving results or get the sack, or possibly has got wind of that ultimatum, and it wasn't meant to be conveyed to him personally. 

He was a game away from being sacked twice last season, and survived by avoiding defeat in several key games. 

I said at the start of the season that he would probably be given even less breathing space this season and it seems like that is the case, and on top of that there has now evidently been a falling out of sorts that Nige has chosen to make public. 

It all points to only one outcome unfortunately, and I think the only way Nige avoids the sack is by going on some ludicrously great run of form, or being in the top 6. 

I suspect we are in a scenario where the Lansdowns are just waiting for the optimal time to fire him whilst ensuring they get the least amount of blowback. Probably a couple of defeats on the spin, or a drop in league position into the bottom half.

It may also depend on who they are looking at as a replacement. Some obvious names to them may be Nathan Jones, John Eustace, or Gary Rowett.

I wouldn't be surprised if our former u-23s coach Luke Williams, who has done a fine job at Notts C, was in the conversation too. Apparently retains a good relationship with Tinnion. 

Maybe I've overthought it, but those remarks from Nige yesterday were fairly unprecedented, and I just feel the end can't be too far away now. 

The only way he can save himself is to achieve an outstanding set of results, which seems a tall ask given the current state of the squad.

I genuinely think he could be gone by Friday if we lose to Ipswich, I really do. 

Didn’t Williams leave under a pretty big cloud? Or maybe that falling out was between him & Ashton so isn’t a big deal anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That this is even a possibility atm (and I agree sadly it is) just shows how ****** Lansdown’s understanding of football really is.  Utterly utterly clueless.  

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Agree.  Even if Tinman doesn’t agree with Andy King it’s a footballing decision and the buck starts and stops with the manager on that one.  Don’t see Tinns as throwing any toys out about it given the wealth of youth Nige has brought through.  

Agreed, and I think Nige would respect Tins' opinion enough not to make a big deal of it even if they disagreed. Whereas a non-footballing person offering that same opinion would get much shorter shrift.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

That this is even a possibility atm (and I agree sadly it is) just shows how ****** Lansdown’s understanding of football really is.  Utterly utterly clueless.  

I’ve seen some ridiculous decisions, appointments etc  at this football club over the years 

But this is ..just a different level.....unbelievable, .....really quite depressing 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

I genuinely think he could be gone by Friday if we lose to Ipswich, I really do. 

Didn’t Williams leave under a pretty big cloud? Or maybe that falling out was between him & Ashton so isn’t a big deal anymore. 

I'm just really struggling to understand how losing to Ipswich is deserving of being sacked. 

I can't get my head around how he must beat a current top two side to retain his job. 

I just don't get it.

• Like 9

Just now, bearded_red said:

He’s actually going to make the dumbest decision he’s ever made isn’t he, and that really is saying something.

Should be thanking Pearson daily for the job he’s done turning round the absolute omnishambles he inherited. But no, do the opposite. 

Clown.

He should be giving Nige back massages 3 times a day for the crap Nigel has got him out of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

I’ve seen some ridiculous decisions, appointments etc  at this football club over the years 

But this is ..just a different level.....unbelievable, .....really quite depressing 

...mind you replacing Danny Wilson with Brian Tinnion, and Steve Coppell with Keith Millen were decisions that set the bar quite high!

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Agreed, and I think Nige would respect Tins' opinion enough not to make a big deal of it even if they disagreed. Whereas a non-footballing person offering that same opinion would get much shorter shrift.

Who is this non footballing person of whom you speak? Is it he whos crayons have been replaced with a football club that he is now fed up with?

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

...mind you replacing Danny Wilson with Brian Tinnion, and Steve Coppell with Keith Millen were decisions that set the bar quite high!

And SC with LJ. Three times he’s done it. 

Wouldn’t surprise if he goes for the quadruple and replaces NP with Cole Skuse (ex player, tick! In my tenure, tick! Unproven at this level, tick!). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Pleased with his professional, positive and prompt response….

Hope you’re well and thanks for your message.

As always, Nige really appreciates the support of the fanbase, but the most important thing for him and the staff is that the supporters continue to back the players as they did so well yesterday, to help achieve another positive result on Wednesday against Ipswich Town.

His focus will solely be on that game. I’ll ensure he sees your email though.

Have a great weekend, looking forward to Wednesday night – COYR!

Best wishes,

Dean

Shared the poll with his agent……

Subject: Mutual appreciation

Hi Dean

There is no need for a reply to this (although I really do value your professional, prompt and positive responses) and I promise I won’t bombard you with anything more on this topic.

I know Nige appreciates the support of the fanbase and he frequently makes this clear.

It is clearly reciprocated….. https://www.otib.co.uk/topic/222365-poll-does-pearson-deserve-a-24-month-contract-extension/ (link to poll)

Reply:

Hi Steve

Nige has asked me to pass on his thanks for your support, it’s much appreciated.

I can’t see the poll results, as I’m not a member of the forum, but thanks for sharing anyway.

Let’s hope for a great atmosphere on Wednesday night to help the lads to victory.

Best wishes,

Dean

• Like 7
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

I think this would be on a whole different level tbh. He's made highly dubious decisions in the past (I'd add Holden to your list), but I could at least see the logic behind them even if I fundamentally disageed with them.

Whereas this appears, on the face of it at least, to be nothing more than a fragile ego not being able to handle someone who doesn't blow smoke up his arse.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Hi Dean

There is no need for a reply to this (although I really do value your professional, prompt and positive responses) and I promise I won’t bombard you with anything more on this topic.

I know Nige appreciates the support of the fanbase and he frequently makes this clear.

It is clearly reciprocated….. https://www.otib.co.uk/topic/222365-poll-does-pearson-deserve-a-24-month-contract-extension/ (link to poll)

Reply:

Hi Steve

Nige has asked me to pass on his thanks for your support, it’s much appreciated.

I can’t see the poll results, as I’m not a member of the forum, but thanks for sharing anyway.

Let’s hope for a great atmosphere on Wednesday night to help the lads to victory.

Best wishes,

Dean

I’d let him know the poll results as they stand mate.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I think this would be on a whole different level tbh. He's made highly dubious decisions in the past (I'd add Holden to your list), but I could at least see the logic behind them even if I fundamentally disageed with them.

Whereas this appears, on the face of it at least, to be nothing more than a fragile ego not being able to handle someone who doesn't blow smoke up his arse.

SL will of course say to us " I'm glad you like Nigel, it was me who appointed him".

24 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

On a serious note , I’ve only thought twice  three (I’m including SC) in my years that the Club was actually starting to build something really good at this level and set for the top level

Firstly , Fair play to Alan Dicks he did it , though I can’t remember thinking that was where we are heading , I’m not sure we had the foresight to build behind the promotion

And fair play to Gary Johnson who I never thought would get us so close , but he did , but I didn’t have the healthy background build behind it

The three times for me were 

1) Joe Jordan , who was in the process of creating the background , (and having built a promotion side) ,on the football side , of a proper football club , rather than an amateur one.

2) Steve Cotterill , post promotion , - not sure about any deep health , but he built a side with a cohesion and winning mentality , short term looked very exciting , with some investment , and a really healthy core was in place

3)Nigel Pearson and now *  - And looking at more than just the now / this week / next week..- Possibly the healthiest , the underlying signs are / have been , at this level,  in all those years 

IMHO

* I’d add the work , and apparent health of the academy , with NPs comfort in promoting young players , in that assessment 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 6
  • Robin 2

20 minutes ago, One Team said:

I’d let him know the poll results as they stand mate.

Yep OT I have done…

Thank you Dean and Nigel

Here is the current poll result, based on responses from circa 500 fans on the OTIB forum: 

Does Nigel Pearson deserve a contract renewal?

• Yes- 24 Months 84% 421 votes
  • Yes - 12 Months 14%  71 votes 
  • No - 2%                        12 votes 

This is all so sad after Nige has pulled the club up by its bootstraps.

To fall back now would be one of the worst mistakes, if not THE worst, the club management have made in well over a century.

if anyone knows the PM persuade him to give SL a knighthood or peerage, and then we will be shot of a man not fit to be the face of our wonderful Bristol City.  He clearly only has his own interests, not the club’s, at heart - whether that be money or honours.

• Flames 1

45 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm just really struggling to understand how losing to Ipswich is deserving of being sacked. 

I can't get my head around how he must beat a current top two side to retain his job. 

I just don't get it.

I think it will just reinforce just how distant and out of touch the Lansdown's are… 

Edited by exAtyeoMax

34 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Hi Dean

Reply:

Hi Steve

Best wishes,

Dean

Thanks for doing this JB. Out of likes from about 9am this morning.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

If they let this man leave then we deserve everything we get 

I think that Wednesday night is the perfect chance to send a message to the owners and create a massive show of support for NP.

Lets have some great and simple chants and keep them going all through the game.

Some decent banners would be good too

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

This is all so sad after Nige has pulled the club up by its bootstraps.

To fall back now would be one of the worst mistakes, if not THE worst, the club management have made in well over a century.

if anyone knows the PM persuade him to give SL a knighthood or peerage, and then we will be shot of a man not fit to be the face of our wonderful Bristol City.  He clearly only has his own interests, not the club’s, at heart - whether that be money or honours.

This football club/Bristol Sport has been run as a shitshow. Has been for many years. Here comes another Lansdown **** up. Getting fed up with Lansdown. Gonna get toxic down AG very soon I suspect.

Time for us fans to support NP and demonstrate to Lansdown what we think of him.

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 2