IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

If you don't think the Lansdowns read OTIB you're deluded, they all know how the fans feel, they just don't give a shit. We all know SL used to be a poster. Many of the former playing staff have used pseudonyms on here.

If I was a player I'd be lurking on here. If I was in the non-playing staff I'd be lurking on here. 

They know.

They don't care.

My way or the highway. Like it or lump it. Give me your money, put up shut up. "It's MY club". He doesn't give a shit how we feel. It's an ego project.

• Like 10
  • Flames 3

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Just read the article, it's even worse than I imagine. Nigel got wind his position was under threat without results against Coventry/Ipswich?

What on earth are the gammons at the top of the club smoking? We've had two bad results all season ffs

It's interesting because after 30 minutes I was really worried we'd be facing a 4th loss in 5 games and we'd be bottom half with Nige maybe under pressure.

We tinkered and toughed it out and now we have 2 win in 3 and the Ashton Gate curse is lifted. Beat Ipswich and we could be top 6! 

Mental how much one result changes things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mozo said:

It's interesting because after 30 minutes I was really worried we'd be facing a 4th loss in 5 games and we'd be bottom half with Nige maybe under pressure.

We tinkered and toughed it out and now we have 2 win in 3 and the Ashton Gate curse is lifted. Beat Ipswich and we could be top 6! 

I reckon Nige nicked one of Jon's 🖍 

3 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Would love to see some public support of Nige in the ground on Wednesday night. Don't really care what format it takes - banner, song, whatever.

I quite like the “weve got super Nigel Pearson” that’s been sang a few times at away games, but preferably without the sarcastic “will he ****” after the take us to the premier league line. 

I am horrified at how this club is run.  Absentee Chair, non existent Board, and tax avoiding owner.  Time for the Lansdowns to go after two decades of failure and now, judging from Nige’s comments, threatening the best manager I have seen in over 7 decades of following City.

If Nige is in effect sacked shall support Torquay until we have a new owner. 

Hope Nige reads all the positive comments here.  Can’t imagine what a rough reception any replacement will receive.  Doubt anyway if Nige is sacked anyone with anything about them would wish to come here.

Get behind the best manager we have ever had, folks

• Like 15
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm sorry Steve, but whilst I really appreciate everything you've done for this club, it is now time to leave. 

You are a custodian of the club, us fans are the true owners. The fans have made their feelings very clear about Pearson and yet you continue to fail to extend his contract and despite the significant cost savings and profit he has made, failed to give him a decent budget. 

Without Pearson we'd be a league one club, probably breaching ffp. As it is we are 1 point off the play offs with a 20 odd million nest egg.

1. He ain't gonna read it. 

2. If he did, he wouldn't give a ****.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Lansdown needs us to go 5-6 games without a win so he can get rid of what he will see as a problem. 

Crazy, crazy football club.  

Lansdown needs to go NOW. He is killing this club. Wake up City fans. 20 years of nothing. Now he is driv8ng out the best manager this club has ever had. Time to rise up and drive Lansdown out. He has no idea how to run a football club.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

15 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I am horrified at how this club is run.  Absentee Chair, non existent Board, and tax avoiding owner.  Time for the Lansdowns to go after two decades of failure and now, judging from Nige’s comments, threatening the best manager I have seen in over 7 decades of following City.

Hope Nige reads all the positive comments here.  Can’t imagine what a rough reception any replacement will receive.  Doubt anyway if Nige is sacked anyone with anything about them would wish to come here.

Beautifully put.

In my lifetime, NP is the most proven, respected, talented, and capable manager I have ever seen. I wasn't around to see Alan Dicks, more is the shame, but it would be an aberration to let someone of NP's talent go - especially while he's contracted here!

I don't think I'd be putting money into the club for a very long time if he were to be let go. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

2 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This must be something to do with a potential sale, no?

SL has had a lot of grief in recent months: first over the lack of investment following the sale of Scott and now this. While I agree with most, that this doesn’t reflect well on SL, it does seem to me that he’s preparing for a fairly imminent sale…

He’s making us more financially attractive and doesn’t have a manager under a whopping long contract (that future owners might want to replace at some point).

We might not like it right now, in the short term, but if this strategy results in us in getting the best possible new owner then isn’t this actually good stewardship from SL and good for Bristol City?

(it’s always good to play devils advocate a bit otherwise people just keep whipping each other up into hysteria)

It's nothing to do with a *****ng sale.

I'd put my house on it.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 1

All of you who are saying you are not going to renew your season ticket or going to hand it back if Pearson doesn’t get a new contract, stroll on. Go take your cult like worshipfulness elsewhere.  No manager is bigger than the club and if Pearson has become your primary focus you need to have a little think about where your support is at.    

The fact is that he hasn’t earned a contract extension as yet. He needs to stop throwing his toys out of the pram and get on with the job he’s contracted to do and very well paid for. Let’s see improvement and more consistent quality before he’s trusted to spend any more of the clubs money.  If we’re in the hunt at Christmas, playing with more assurance at home and demonstrating some capacity to break rubbish teams down when they sit in, perhaps there is scope for a conversation. Until then, wind your neck in Pearson and get on with sorting the football out. 

Not bothered? My arse. Cosy culture of acceptance of mediocrity - yep, now where did I hear that before? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Facepalm 21

3 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

Hardly sycophantic, more highlighting the madness of the assumed position. As your getting into Lord of the Rings territory assume it’s like the fella that stuck both himself and his son on a funeral pyre, unnecessary madness…

bexhill  reds Posted 9 hours ago

Worst display so far this season, looks like a Sunday morning pub team picked on the morning of the game on the basis of who’s rocked up with only a reasonable hangover

Funny old game is football . Funny how the fans make it funnier. 

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

If you don't think the Lansdowns read OTIB you're deluded, they all know how the fans feel, they just don't give a shit. We all know SL used to be a poster. Many of the former playing staff have used pseudonyms on here.

If I was a player I'd be lurking on here. If I was in the non-playing staff I'd be lurking on here. 

They know.

They don't care.

My way or the highway. Like it or lump it. Give me your money, put up shut up. "It's MY club". He doesn't give a shit how we feel. It's an ego project.

Exactly this. 

I hope they are reading. They can **** off.

• Thanks 1

Don't get me wrong I think City should back Pearson as with the right support I think he'll get us to the playoffs but some of the criticism of Steve Lansdown is overdone. I get that people want success but you also need to remember where we came from. This is where we started when SL became chairman. http://stats.football.co.uk/league_tables/2002_2003/league_division_two/index.shtml I think it's only Brentford who have shone from that league. 

Really annoyed by this. We’ve been crying out for a manager like NP for decades.

Been supporting the club since Dennis Smith times. If I’m right, only Pearson, Coppell and Wilson (as managers and/or players) and Jordan (as a player) have had top flight experience.

IMO that lack of know-how has been a major failing of the club for decades. We’ve been crying out for experience and people who have been there and done it. Now we have someone, who’s performed well in incredibly difficult circumstances and we’re letting it slip through our fingers. It’s so frustrating and screams of ownership who are not comfortable in their positions and want to be more involved than they should be.

• Like 4

One more thing, probably it's already been mentioned.

Real feeling of togetherness.  Fans, football management, players.

Thought the atmsooejre in last 5, 10 mins plus stoppage time was fantastic, helped us over the line.

This side, this poorly resourced side with numerous injuries and multiple new and not so new youth products..the fans can see we are clearly trying hard, in games one way or another note often than not.

Who is oivitsl to this? NP and his football staff. Feels more together than it has for some time and yet we could be set to throw that all away. Terrible.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, mozo said:

We'll have none of that talk here, Lansdown wouldn't like it !

Haven't read the full thread but I'm of the opinion SL doesn't like any manager to be more popular than him, see the freezing out of Cotts !        I'm sorry ,but the blokes a narcissistic *** !

49 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

All of you who are saying you are not going to renew your season ticket or going to hand it back if Pearson doesn’t get a new contract, stroll on. Go take your cult like worshipfulness elsewhere.  No manager is bigger than the club and if Pearson has become your primary focus you need to have a little think about where your support is at.    

The fact is that he hasn’t earned a contract extension as yet. He needs to stop throwing his toys out of the pram and get on with the job he’s contracted to do and very well paid for. Let’s see improvement and more consistent quality before he’s trusted to spend any more of the clubs money.  If we’re in the hunt at Christmas, playing with more assurance at home and demonstrating some capacity to break rubbish teams down when they sit in, perhaps there is scope for a conversation. Until then, wind your neck in Pearson and get on with sorting the football out. 

Not bothered? My arse. Cosy culture of acceptance of mediocrity - yep, now where did I hear that before? 

And You will probably be still sat in S22 surrounded by empty seats watching us lose at home to Morecambe In L1

reading the above, you  might actually deserve that

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, SouthS22 said:

King ****!

1 hour ago, SouthS22 said:

His signings have generally been good, when weighted for resources due to firstly necessity, and then an inexplicable swing in policy this season.

The Clear Successes

Tanner, Improved since he joined and still under 25 which can be key for outfield players.

Dickie- How could I forget Dickie! Pickup from a nearly relegated side, seems to be rediscovering his best. Goal today also helped, when Vyner and Atkinson are back at full fitness, perm 2 of Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson and perhaps even Naismith??

Atkinson- Excellent when fit, he is 25 or just under I think. Still can develop age wise, centre backs may also have extra growth compared to e.g. full backs. I like how he can carry it into CM, a bona fide left sided centre back and can score goals- a double v Preston in the rain a good example.

Naismith- Can play at CB, in a back 3 and midfield. Technically strong, perhaps a central 3 in midfield or between defence and midfield is his best position as it accentuates the positives and masks one or two weaknesses.

James- Good, excellent. Can be an adhesive glue in midfield, name checked by Pep.

King- Player, player coach. Free, relatively low wage and has covered in a host of positions- always a depth player barring serious injuries and a good experienced pro to have, much like James and Wells.

Knight- Duracell bunny, 22. Will grow as age on his side, needs to add some goals perhaps but his early years at Derby showed good signs in this respect.

Gardner-Hickman- Looks promising, versatile too even if not a true RB probably and time very much on his side.

Sykes- I would say he needs to add some goals, a big flurry in January and scored at QPR too in May. Can he get between 5 and 10 the League? Wingback, pushed high on the right. 

Cornick- Depth player. Unfair flak, no he isn't spectacular but works very hard, thought for phases of the Middlesbrough game in April as well as the goal and assist be showed some good positioning for defensive shape out of possession 1st half especially. Central or wide? Bit like Weimann, that is good and bad!

I also liked his re-signing of Baker and Weimann plus Wells on longer but much cheaper terms- real shame how it ended with Baker but the principle was sound.

Exciting but a bit to prove? Or did a job for a time.

Klose- Thought he did fine for a time, but ran out of legs and steam. Still a free, probably relatively low cost. Was he a decent pro?

Roberts- Free, young, versatile, talented. 21..okay he had a tough day today but time is very much on his side and let's be fair we are horribly patched up.

Mehmeti- I'll be honest I expected to see a bit more. Has he stalled a bit, is just that Bell is strong so Mehmeti stays out. Otoh he is 22 so has time on his side very much so. Can he develop? Absolutely yes.

Possible fails

Bajic- He did not show much vs Lincoln. Otoh nobody covered themselves in glory that evening. Relatively low cost sure, age 21 turning 22 this December. Keepers can peak and plateau years later, question is how long should we leave it and indeed would he want to leave it for his own career.

Simpson- Cheap,didn't really do much though but not especially bothered. Nothing lost really.

I'm possibly a bit generous, possibly a bit harsh with some.

Unknown Quantity

McCrorie- In a City shirt, very much so simply due to his injury.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1