IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

Just now, Henry said:

The Lansdown’s we’re trying to influence the team selection today.

**** the Lansdowns 

Staggering stuff. I wonder which one of them it was. 

I know he’s marmite, but I wonder how much of the above behaviour LJ was alluding to when he said “i could write a book on what’s gone on”. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

Tbf, if hes waiting for a conversation with the awkward and inept JL then he’ll be waiting a long time. Nige must be laughing at JL and how little footballing knowledge he has. 
The bloke should at minimum be given a years extension rolling contract to carry on where he has us. 
Im not having all this ‘look where hes got us after Holden’ crap either. A thin squad full of kids and very little spend and we sit 8th. Give the bloke some hard £ and see what happens. 
i said when he was appointed he was a very unlikely SL managerial appointment. Not a yes man. Not someone who is ‘nice’. Absolutely everything we needed. A hard b-stard who is sorting us out. 
What a crying shame if big Steve doesnt like it and is having second thoughts. 

If?

1 minute ago, Jose said:

I’m growing to really dislike Lansdown and that’s being kind. 

How can it be kind to dislike someone ? 
:dunno:

For my part I find it incomprehensible that our best manager for years is not being treated with the respect he deserves by our hierarchy. How can NP sell the club , his ideas , to players if they don’t know if he’ll be around next season?

How can he keep giving his all when he , himself, doesn’t know whether he’ll benefit from his efforts ? 
I think Nige and his staff have performed miracles and I will absolutely livid if Uncle Steve cocks this up. 

• Like 12
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Staggering stuff. I wonder which one of them it was. 

I know he’s marmite, but I wonder how much of the above behaviour LJ was alluding to when he said “i could write a book on what’s gone on”. 

I can’t imagine that it was that stuttering mess of a man, Jon. He wouldn’t have the balls to face up to Nigel, unless it was passed on indirectly.

Just now, Major Isewater said:

How can it be kind to dislike someone ? 
:dunno:

For my part I find it incomprehensible that our best manager for years is not being treated with the respect he deserves by our hierarchy. How can NP sell the club , his ideas , to players if they don’t know if he’ll be around next season?

How can he keep giving his all when he , himself, doesn’t know whether he’ll benefit from his efforts ? 
I think Nige and his staff have performed miracles and I will absolutely livid if Uncle Steve cocks this up. 

Because I could quite easily go on a tirade about the incompetent fool but thought I’d hold back…….for today. 

• Like 1

Since the last interview SL did on radio Bristol when he begged up Mark Robins and said nothing about Nike, I thought he was out the door.

SL won't have anybody at the club who will stand up to him and put their views across.

It his club and nobody should dare have any views/ideas that don't agree with his limited ability to run a football club.

I mean it’s one thing to delay giving Pearson a contract, maybe they have someone lined up to take over and are just waiting to see how the season pans out before making a decision, which is fair enough but to question a managers decision about players is extremely worrying. Especially if Nige knows what’s been said. Suppose it boils down to who do you trust Bristol City in the hands of more, the lansdowns or Pearson… for me it’s Nige.

Not his biggest fan but he is the reason we played Coventry today and not Burton Albion. I don’t think he’s the one to get us promoted but I can’t think of anyone else who could either. Think he’s deserved atleast a 2 year extension. He’s finally got his team now, his way of playing, his philosophy is all over the club. Let him have the next 18-24 months to see is he can get us top 6. 

However if this season ends with Nige getting us in the top 12 and he’s let go, think it’s the beginning of the end for the lansdowns here. Feels like it’s been going that way for a while now. All well and good pumping money in to the club and us having to be thankful for it but let’s be honest, them getting it so wrong on multiple occasions is the main reason they’ve had too. This could very well be the beginning days of the end. 

• Like 9

Now I haven’t been Pearson biggest fan and was one of those calling for his dismissal after West Brom game on Boxing Day. I can admit I was wrong.  He’s significantly reduced our costs and worked with handcuffs on due to Lansdown tightening the purse strings.  We have a club that has players who want to be here and fight for the shirt and a clear style of play & a pathway for academy.  The fans are united behind Pearson so it would be so Lansdown like to shoot us in the foot by not extending his contract.

I’ll always support this club as it’s mine and yours (despite our owners thoughts)and whilst I’ll be grateful to Lansdown for investment in infrastructure just let common sense prevail and give him a new contract. I fear from Pearson words that he knows he won’t get that and that is suicidal from a football perspective.  

Lansdown is in huge damage of people forgetting all the good & be remembered as the man who couldn’t be challenged or see sense when faced with a football decision.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, redkev said:

Are the Lansdowns becoming the Glaziers 

No, because they don't take major dividends out of the club. I wouldnt compare to the Glazers but this Pearson stance is disgraceful both in terms of the lack of new contract and the tiny expenditure post Scott. A thin squad and a number of first teamers themselves young and or relatively inexperienced in Championship terms.

That bench today wow- and it would have been worse if Knight wasn't so whole hearted and perhaps couldn't have featured even in the 20.

• Like 4

Pearson is more than right to be angry. He got brought in to do a job (with clear expectations and constraints) and has performed very well. Now those above him in the hierarchy won't even respect him enough to have a proper conversation about the future. Embarrassing from the Lansdowns, and we'd fully deserve the chaos that would ensue if we got rid of Pearson and his approach now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dynamite Red said:

Pearson will be gone, he is a strong personality who challenges those around him, not a Lansdown type character. Unfortunately Lansdown will again back the wrong guy, yet again.

I agree unfortunately. Nige is bringing things to a head and we all know who will have the last say.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Given that we sacked the CEO the person questioning team selection can only be one of the Lansdowns.

If so when will they learn that they know sod all about football and stop telling a vastly experienced and respected manager how to do his job?

They are as clueless about football as any owner(s) there is

All the Lansdown sect can preach what they like - Ive had enough of them 

They can stick their ego driven  Sporting Quarter where the sun doesn’t shine

A golf club in Guernsey in a Guernsey for the rich much more the right fit 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2