IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

If the Lansdowns let NP go after all his hard work. Then **** um they really will be clueless. Give the man a new contract 

I really think he’ll tarnish his time at the club if he sacks, doesn’t renew Nigel’s contract, there’s no way he’ll get a stand named after him 😳

Edited by Glen hump
Add something
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

When is his current contract up?

May IIRC, which is far and away the shortest amount of time any manager I can remember has ever had left on a deal. Didn’t LJ have 2 years left on his deal before getting a shiny new 4 year one? Sacked 12 months later and probably still getting some sort of pay out of it!

22 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I always suspected the nest egg was intended for Nigel's successor. This makes me suspect even more.

Of course it is.

Then we’ll persevere far longer than we should with whatever supposedly ‘exciting’ young manager from Partick Thistle or Bangor City the Lansdowns decide to bring in. Do nothing, mid table Championship (if we’re lucky), spunking millions up the wall for a few years before we need to seriously tighten the purse strings again to keep our heads above FFP water.

“Give us your money and shut the **** up!”….That’s the way we do it.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

This was all after an interview with Sky Sports in which the City manager also revealed that certain members - without naming them - of the club hierarchy have previously questioned Andy King’s inclusion in the starting XI.

The veteran produced a fine performance in the Robins initial back three and then when City reverted to a four-man defence as Knight replaced Roberts, with his partner Dickie also hugely influential.

Pearson revealed he had wanted to match Coventry’s own 3-5-2 and also ensure they had two strikers on the pitch, in Tommy Conway and Sam Bell, to pressure the Sky Blues defence, but that never really transpired.

“It’s pretty obvious that was a game-changer,” Pearson added, of the formation switch. “But that would have meant having two players in the backline that aren’t defenders. We adapted to it better but, as there always are, there are always armchair critics, fans and such like, who would make judgements on that but we had worked this week on trying to match them up and we wanted two up front against their back three.

Are the Post barking up the wrong tree here?

Can you really say for certain that members of the club heirarchy criticised his team selection all on the basis of the words "fans and such like"?

Edited by Boston Red

Just now, petehinton said:

May IIRC, which is far and away the shortest amount of time any manager I can remember has ever had left on a deal. Didn’t LJ have 2 years left on his deal before getting a shiny new 4 year one? Sacked 12 months later and probably still getting some sort of pay out of it!

He gave wonderboy a new contract when we were playing and getting results akin to a Western League side

And they are going to shun and treat with disrespect as good a manager as we’ve had in the last 40 years
unbelievable 

Completely and utterly Clueless 

• Like 9
  • Flames 3

A little more clarity re his words regarding 'Situation'...and remarks re King 'previously'.

Quote...

The remark about his "situation" was in regards to his health as Pearson is still dealing with a back injury which requires him to walk on crutches as he awaits a conclusive diagnosis to solve the issue.

This was all after an interview with Sky Sports in which the City manager also revealed that certain members - without naming them - of the club hierarchy have previously questioned Andy King’s inclusion in the starting XI.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Be careful what you wish for lads. Nobody wants an Arab or Yank family in charge who think they have the right to pick the team………..

No , it’s time to sell the club . Outstayed his welcome imo. ******* clueless on the football front . He didn’t like cotts & he doesn’t like nige because they question him . He loves a vanity project . Imo , he sees that Pearson has got us back on our feet , now he wants a shinny new toy to get behind . I’m beginning to really dislike Lansdown . I really don’t like writing that either. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, petehinton said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-manager-nigel-pearson-8848911

Veru much seems like he’s had enough of the contract situation, and is pushing for someone (SL!!!) to actually have some balls and have a conversation with him about it. Imagine he feels like he has strong enough support of fans and staff internally to be able to publicly say this too.

Brilliant, and bloody good on him imo. 

FCB5951E-290A-4BB6-8C0F-BC19529202DC.jpeg

E0CBE6DC-841B-4ADD-9222-3F893F5C6700.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. As troubling as it is to see the Lansdowns being total numpties, I'm glad Nige has been honest and given us some insight.

The Scott money and not backing a decent manager is going to make Steve L very unpopular. I think the fans might start being vocal about this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

No , it’s time to sell the club . Outstayed his welcome imo. ******* clueless on the football front . He didn’t like cotts & he doesn’t like nige because they question him . He loves a vanity project . Imo , he sees that Pearson has got us back on our feet , now he wants a shinny new toy to get behind . I’m beginning to really dislike Lansdown . I really don’t like writing that either. 

I think I’ve totally whooshed a few…..