IGNORED

Ipswich Town home match thread

2 minutes ago, fixit said:

Is it still the general feeling that NP is good for us? I can't understand it.

For me, tonight shows we are a mid table side at best. 2nd best. Ipswich were promoted last season FFS!

We've made such little progress during his tenure. We need a change that can actually produce an result in the league table.

Any idea how many injuries we have? Educate yourself on both teams starting eleven before you make stupid statements like this

• Flames 2
Just now, fixit said:

For me, tonight shows we are a mid table side at best. 2nd best. Ipswich were promoted last season FFS!

We've made such little progress during his tenure. We need a change that can actually produce an result in the league table.

You will probably get a big response to that message, but at this point i think we are wholly incapable of doing anything in the championship other than treading water, at best, and. Guardiola couldn’t get much more out of the players if he had a go at it.

• Like 2

Watched the second half. Played well I thought. Impressed with Cornick and Gardner-Hickman. Yeboah enthusiastic but still learning...can't expect him to be a match winner at this stage. Squad obviously lacking depth at a time when injuries bite. Needs that Scott money to be invested.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, fixit said:

🤦‍♂️

Wells

Williams

Mcorie

Atkinson

Naismith

Vyner

Tanner

2 minutes ago, fixit said:

funny, earlier today I had a flashback to Paul Simpson pleading for help when Deano was fired. That was an awful time, we've come a long way since then.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2
2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

O well. Made a game of it in the end, and in the last 20 had the best of it and could have snuck one. Over the 90 Ipswich worth it, but not far away. Ho hum. Ned some players back.

I don’t think they were worth it at all - keeper to blame for the goal and that’s the difference 

• Like 3

Imagine if Joey Barton were our manager?

”We were the better team there. No doubt about it. Everyone who watched could see that. On another night we could’ve won by two or three…

…as for Max, he acting like a five year old who’s scared of the ball, doesn’t want to get his palms stung. He’s let us all down and if he wants to make it in professional football he’s going to have to start stepping up to the plate.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, Rob k said:

I don’t think they were worth it at all - keeper to blame for the goal and that’s the difference 

Yes, indeed, without that mistake it would have been a bit more even. Can't say 0-0 as factors such as that affect the game. But! I thought we were worth a draw.

1 minute ago, Gert Mare said:

Unlucky not to get a point out of that tonight. Controlled the last 20 minutes of the game. Just lacking that bit of quality. Yeboah needs to slow his brain down and just make a decision in his head and go with it. He’s got ability, just needs to calm it down a bit.

Yeboh is 17 think you need to calm down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2
9 minutes ago, red colin said:

Ipswich always have a 10 yard pass due to movement we seem only to have a 30 yd pass it's all about movement. 

Said exactly this at the start of the year - our lack of (or unwillingness) to find space and show for the short pass in midfield is shocking. Then again, the first touch for some of our lot tonight - oof - was like watching under 6's at points, so I'm not sure it would have done us much good. 

6 minutes ago, collier said:

We just don't have the quality in the final third. We have played well second half but it's all been a bit desperate around their box.

Hit and hope, or pump it out wide as plan b. It's been the same as long as I've watched us to be fair! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Watched the second half. Played well I thought. Impressed with Cornick and Gardner-Hickman. Yeboah enthusiastic but still learning...can't expect him to be a match winner at this stage. Squad obviously lacking depth at a time when injuries bite. Needs that Scott money to be invested.

Agree- Cornick (the brunt of so much criticism on here) couldn’t have done more.

Certainly deserves a start on Saturday.

• Like 13
  • Flames 1
7 minutes ago, fixit said:

Oh shut  up you tit . We got two fit defenders out of 8 for a start ffs 

• Like 5

I actually think we did ok all things considered. I mean the winning goal was unfortunate, a real nightmare shot as Max had planted his inside foot and couldn't get down fast enough. Never should be conceding those but the defence didn't help as the pressure built. The goal aside I think we gave a good go at them and when you consider they're 10 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss and obviously a very good team we had our moments.
With so many players out injured or having just come back from injury, a busy schedule and so on I don't think that was as bad as it feels right now.

• Like 1