IGNORED

Ipswich Town home match thread

20 minutes ago, Dizz said:

Where were you sat last night sir? From where I was in the Dolman, I could barely hear Ipswich appart from a couple of times after they scored (although they were singing consistently). Then when the Cornick song started it was solid City noise for the entire remainder of the game and Ipswich fans were silent (or were drowned out)

We also started singing from the start but went quiet after they scored.

Still could have been alot better, but I thought it was so much better then recently.  Funny that all the singing coincided with our strongest part of the game - Almost as if it helps the players.... 🤔🤔🤔

Barely hear Ipswich? Certainly could in E33. I didn't hear our fans once until late in the game.

51 minutes ago, Dizz said:

Where were you sat last night sir? From where I was in the Dolman, I could barely hear Ipswich appart from a couple of times after they scored (although they were singing consistently). Then when the Cornick song started it was solid City noise for the entire remainder of the game and Ipswich fans were silent (or were drowned out)

We also started singing from the start but went quiet after they scored.

Still could have been alot better, but I thought it was so much better then recently.  Funny that all the singing coincided with our strongest part of the game - Almost as if it helps the players.... 🤔🤔🤔

I was sat in the dolman and all I could here were the Ipswich fans

I'd probably left before our lot started singing (I do sit in the dolman!) 😜

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I want to see it again, I hope they upload the full game as in real time I thought it was one of the poorest decision (or non decision) I seen in ages. Yes we had chances to clear and Max could have done better, but if the Lino is anywhere near in line it's an easy decision. 

On loan with an option to buy isn't he ?

Sorry Mike, I just searched out the clip on wyscout.

IMG_8887.thumb.jpeg.71dfee9446eb2efd6abc3826414e0c12.jpeg

Was onside.  Was a helluva block by Dickie from Hirst’s shot from the cross and again from the follow-up.  We never got ourself back into shape before the goal.

• Sad 1
22 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Agree with Weimann & Bell being our least effective players & Cornick was decent when he came on but for all his enthusiasm Yeboah offers little in terms of end product.  Weimann has to play centrally for me or not at all although understand with injuries he has to. 

I’d be inclined to switch Weimann and Sykes around. I think the advantages of playing Sykes in his usual position outweigh the disadvantages of playing Weimann at RB. After all, Sykes is playing out of position so it’s not as if it is perfect with him at RB either - Weimann has played RWB in the past too just as Sykes has. I just feel we look far more dangerous with Sykes right side of the front three and I agree that Weimann wasn’t effective in that role yesterday. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Over all not unhappy, did not expect to get much with so many injuries agsinst a high flying side, and so many playing either on way back from injury or inexperienced. Would have been interesting, if we could have has some of our 1st choice players in.

Tommy does not look back to fitness and really missing Wells which is the glue that holds the front 3 together. Andi looks a showdow of the all action player he use to be. King has done well covering and Skyes has been superb, but missed from the front line, how we are missing Vyner, Tanner, Atkinson and Naismith 

Exactly my thoughts too

Would have liked to have been involved in this game thread and should have replied before but was unable to even follow the match and been too busy with other things.      Hope to be at the return at Portman Road and if you take as many over as we did yesterday it'll be something of a real colourful occasion.

All right we won but in all honesty the end result could have gone either way.    We weren't at our best and played at pedestrian pace at times.    I was expecting a test over there and the margin of result dictates a close contest.     Just to clarify to any Robin fans who suspect or believe some of us / our fanbase are now becoming over big-headed and arrogant in light of our new resurgence, for one I'm not part of it.     On an earlier page here it were misinterpreted I was being condescending towards City by use of words involving teams we recently were supposed to play or something of other nature but there was never any malice or ribbing intended.     Just a misuse of words or somebody got their wires crossed.  I don't have a bad word to say on your club and that's the truth.      

I don't know what to feasibly expect for the end of the season.     Yes we're doing great and the gap between us 3rd place is exciting to use one word, but so many things are subject to change.    All we've known is failure for the past 16 - 18 years until very recently so if any of us wants to - now -  get carried away or belittle opponents that's their entitlement but I'd rather remember where we've been and how very tough and long it's taken to once more be a good club side / become established once again.       You did well yesterday, made it hard for us and maybe we weren't at our most productive, were still made to battle for the victory.     

• Like 10