IGNORED

Ipswich Town home match thread

20 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Oh shut  up you tit . We got two fit defenders out of 8 for a start ffs 

Poster in simple fashion addresses another posters ridiculous comment , pointing out just one of the problems we have at the moment 

The original poster , completely missing what has been happening , and work going on for the last three seasons 

And then claims tonight proves we aren’t getting the best out of this squad (Clearly missing the ‘We got two fit defenders out of 8 for a start ffs clue as a starter)

You just give up with some

15 minutes ago, fixit said:

What? For the last three seasons?

Take a broader view FFS!

Are we getting the best out of this squad? Tonight, suggests not.

• Like 2

I don't see any sort of game play or style of play that we are trying to do. There is no movement from midfield. People stand behind opposition players and don't make angles for short passes. Any short pass we do make is shin high and too powerful. Ipswich jut played simple 5 yard passes to manoeuvre our players out of the way and then would attack in numbers. Our game plan as far as I could see was pass it across the back 4 to Sykes, to chip a ball down the line for Conway to be outmuscled but hope Knight can pick up the ball form there.

Pearson has done well to steady the ship defensively and we do look solid (until O'Leary either has to kick or save it) but that's come at a huge attacking price where we always seem to be a player or two short on attacks.

The less said about Dr. Death in charge of the medical side the better!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Spot on. Absolutely cannot understand the mentality of those who view midtable Championship as success.

Nights like tonight, in which we see a team in League 1 last season beat us and sit in the top 2 of the Championship, should absolutely enrage our fanbase.

As a club, we really do lack ambition sometimes (certain portions of the fanbase included)

Ipswich have spent a large amount in the last 18 months if they don't go up then they are not in a good place.  They've rolled the dice not like Luton who frugally chipped their way up the league.

They've got 3 expensive premier loans, and they have signed a few, and given new contracts to a few.  

We on the other hand have just recovered from one nightmare only to be confronted with some odd nonsense about nest eggs.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you’re 60 that means you’ve seen us in the top flight. Count yourself lucky! I genuinely don’t think there is a more long-suffering group of supporters in football than City fans of my generation, in terms of achievement against potential.

I've got 10 years on you and I'm tearing out what little hair I have left. So much disappointment and under achievement. I'm seeing teams that have once in a generation success enjoying it for a second time around, while we've done nothing.

I started watching them in division 4 along with 4000 or so hardy souls. I often look around on match day and wonder how may of that 4000 still attend matches, how many have seen all the things I've seen !

• Like 2

Wasn’t impressed with Ipswich and I don’t get the hype. While we were down to the bare bones are fairly disjointed, their goal was another error from Max and we should really have got a point. Conway should’ve scored and Cornick was unlucky (he had a real impact by the way).

I’d back our full strength XI to beat them, but with seven out tonight it was always going to be a big ask. 
Fine margins and when the luck’s with you, it’s with you as was the case for them.

• Like 7
Just now, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Ipswich have spent a large amount in the last 18 months if they don't go up then they are not in a good place.  They've rolled the dice not like Luton who frugally chipped their way up the league.

They've got 3 expensive premier loans, and they have signed a few, and given new contracts to a few.  

We on the other hand have just recovered from one nightmare only to be confronted with some odd nonsense about nest eggs.

They are pulling quite far ahead of 3rd, don't have many injuries either and had a fully refreshed period due to their game at Rotherham being off.

5 minutes ago, Harry R said:

We literally did what Ipswich are doing in 2007. We almost made it.

We had a good season, but as you said - we didn't make it. We also didn't kick on.

"16 years ago we got into the top 6 and didn't get promoted" shouldn't really be used as a demonstration of our 'success', right?

Also has to be said that this Ipswich team look far better than our 2007 team.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe I am biased but that defeat felt a little bit harsh. Built up a head of steam and half, that moment where it didn't quite cross the line.

Thin squad, injury wrecked, fairly tough period- Cardiff away, doesn't get easier does it although maybe we can hit them on the break a bit.

Thought we did ok tonight.

They were the better team but we gave a pretty good show.

The squad was short maybe 2 or 3 going into the season and it’s costing us at the moment.

• Like 3
Just now, David Brent said:

On this day 15 years ago, we also sat second and had lost just once after 12 games. 

23 pts from 12, 26 from 13..the rate at which they are accumulating points is quite something .

Just now, Better Red said:

Thought we did ok tonight.

They were the better team but we gave a pretty good show.

The squad was short maybe 2 or 3 going into the season and it’s costing us at the moment.

Definitely think we played alright and yeah 2-3 light for sure.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Yeboah is not up to this standard at this point but he’s only 17.

Pace, Energy and effort but no composure and just not ready yet for this level

Should have a least a season

I suspect he’s learning from every minute on the pitch and I imagine a debrief at the HPC with the analysts and coaches.

Clearly not the finished article but useful to chuck on for 15-20 mins at the end to stretch the opposition defenders, agreed that with a fully fit squad he might be best suited in L1 for half a season or so, but he’s playing a part right now.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

We had a good season, but as you said - we didn't make it. We also didn't kick on.

"16 years ago we got into the top 6 and didn't get promoted" shouldn't really be used as a demonstration of our 'success', right?

Also has to be said that this Ipswich team look far better than our 2007 team.

I don’t think it was a comment on us and our inabilities to get any closer to promotion in the last 16 years. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

From comments on here, I am expecting amazing things when we are back to a team with no injuries.

Won't happen. By the time we get 3 or 4 back, another 1 or 2 will get injured due to us not being able to manage their workload during games.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not be absolutely terrible the last time he got a chance?

Having said that I would have given him a go tonight, I thought Bell was poor & it was worth a try.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him move on in January, that’s assuming we still have the same manager by then.

Yeah I agree to an extent, but it's hard when you hardly get any minutes to get upto speed. He needs a run of games where he gets minutes. Yeboah has had chances but for me hasn't offered anything, just given away cheap free kicks in promising positions like tonight, surely he must give Mehmeti the same opportunity he's given Yeboah.

34 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We’re just so midtable it hurts. Win one, lose one, draw one. I’m 40. I swear I’m going to be on my deathbed age 90 with us sitting 14th in the Championship, while Torquay or someone have just qualified for the Champions League.

I feel your pain😫

Thought we played okay. Had our chances, glad we aren't getting blown away by the better sides in the division, all close results but just lacking that something extra.

They play with a bit of risk, efficiency and trust on the ball that each player can carry it past someone bar their centre backs.

We've bought for energy and yards put in off the ball but on it we lack quality a lot of the time. 

Their front three behind Hirst, Luongo, Morsey and the full backs all can carry it past an opponent then move it on. Their teammates were comfortable with each other having the ball in sticky situations and if we didn't pinch the ball they were on to break up the pitch and create. 

Can only think of maybe Bell, Pring and Sykes that sometimes maybe can do that for us. Scott would drive us up the pitch every game with play like that. 

• Like 2
Just now, bexhill reds said:

I suspect he’s learning from every minute on the pitch and I imagine a debrief at the HPC with the analysts and coaches.

Clearly not the finished article but useful to chuck on for 15-20 mins at the end to stretch the opposition defenders, agreed that with a fully fit squad he might be best suited in L1 for half a season or so, but he’s playing a part right now.

This is going to sound really harsh but I actually think he is doing more harm than good.

He is clearly not ready for this level but he is only 17 so that is no surprise if had composure in front of goal he already be at one of the prem clubs academies.

We have to play players who are at this level. It’s not a cup game it’s the league and he is taking the place of better more experienced players.

We cant just throw kids at it all the time and hope it works out.

It does take and yes he needs experience and this will def help him in the  long run but IMO it’s far to early at this stage

• Like 2
  • Flames 1