IGNORED

He’s gone.

Henry

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Although to play Devil's Advocate other fans of other clubs don't seem to especially rate NP. QPR fans said they wouldn't take him on Twitter just now.

yes but what do they know! I don't know what they've been going through with the bloke they've just sacked, Gareth

• Like 1

I’ve never seen the fan base so United on an issue before as this. In reading this thread I don’t think I’ve seen a single post suggesting this was a good idea. Only a handful that were apathetical at best.

SL & JL have seriously misjudged this one. I know I’ve complained about AG being “too nice” and lacking atmosphere recently. I don’t think that’s going to be a problem anymore! Hope they’re ready for an almighty load of flak coming their way.

As for NP himself, I seriously struggle to think who could have done any better given he had next to no money to spend, was hamstrung by ridiculous injuries, and inherited a club in total disarray following the LJ/MA/DH saga. 

What a ******* joke the executive of this club is.

Ps. If LJ comes back, I want my ST refunded.

• Like 6

Got to say, most times a manager goes there is some sadness, but results meant it was kind of coming.

This one, despite the recent rumours, I just thought ‘no way’. Everyone can see how we are improving and what he is achieving with huge constraints. Absolutely nonsense decision. Quite angry tbh, as well as an awful lot of sympathy for NP who did not deserve this.

• Like 3

Wont be on here for a while or around the club.

Stockholm Syndrome with these Lansdown clowns and this is the final straw.

Finest manager with the most integrity this club has had since Terry Cooper.

**** this lot.

Too much for this club.

Cheers Nige, and all the best.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

True true but fans of other clubs I expect wouldn't be as shocked as us. That's a debate for another day anyway.

But they’re more likely to stare at results than delve into the context of those results. Based on league position we’re not much further forward than when he started, but anyone with a clue as to the circumstances (generally City fans), will understand that’s probably the equivalent of at least one promotion. 

• Like 1

I wasn’t part of the ‘love-in’ with Pearson, but unless someone really good is lined up (which I doubt) then this stinks of something personal. 
there had better be a good plan in place - because right now it looks like a suicidal move. 
I’ll support whoever replaces him - unless it’s Barton - if it’s him then I’ll not set foot on Ashton Gate soil or buy anything from the club until he’s gone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Nige knew this was coming weeks ago but the complete and utter coward in charge waited for a Derby defeat when we only had 11, 12 if you count young Yeboah, first team players available before he pushed the button.

Yep this would of been done if we hadn’t won against Coventry, they were just waiting, I bet they thought the fan base would of excepted it after losing yesterday, that’s how much they understood football, ******* clueless 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay I'll try to rationalise the promotion comment. The decision is a disgrace let's clear that bit up.

Maybe NP had some positional or points target. Once that became impossible to achieve the position came under greater scrutiny.

Do you reckon the potential target was before or after the summer recruitment  Plan A and Plan B was trashed by the board in favour of go with what you’ve got? 

Just now, OliOTIB said:

Gotta be eustace, smith or parker for me. Eustace did a similar job at Blues so would be able to inherit a situation he is used to.

Why Parker? 

I am gutted, i feel for Nigel. The quicker the Lansdowns leave and a new owner is in placenthe better. Did they look at the bench on Saturday we were at rock bottom re our squad. That is not Nigels fault. This is one of the wrost desions ever made by a owner of Bristol City. Sell up and be gone.