IGNORED

He’s gone.

Henry

He pretends to be different but Lansdown is just another Millionaire owner who doesn’t care what the fans who pay the money to keep the club alive think. He’s just a selfish egomaniac just like nearly all self made men. The sooner he leaves this club and sells up the better.

As for his feckless son, just another spoilt rich kid who treats everyone and everything as his plaything to be tossed aside when he loses interest.

• Like 3

I've been working today so still trying to digest all this.

And it's days like today, in a weird way, that I feel even more fortunate to do the job I do... because it's the reason I don't waste thousands of pounds, travel hundreds of miles and squander hours and hours on this club like I used to when I was younger.

As we've all discussed at length over the past few weeks, of course Nigel Pearson leaving is not the end of the world. This club was here before him and will be here long after him.

But that's not the ******* point, is it? He didn't deserve this. And we didn't deserve this completely tone-deaf crap from the owner again.

(Sorry if I'm just repeating what everyone else has said, been wanting to vent since the news came out - been head down in Premier League football all afternoon... something this club won't ever have to worry about.)

• Like 15

2 hours ago, MyBrotherErnie said:

Protest at the next rugby game and then maybe one of them will be there to hear it!

I heard S and JL didn't even go to Cardiff. Watch the Bears instead,  I think they had already planned to sack NP, as they thought he didn't stand a chance of winning.

17 minutes ago, nonameface said:

Gutted for you guys - Pearson is a top manager and as an outsider, I felt he brought stability with steady consistent progress whilst also bringing through youth players and doing that whilst having to sell some key players.

At Stoke we did similar sacking Michael O' Neil and appointing Alex Neil.

Not sure who you will go for now, but you must be one of the most attractive clubs in the league to manage outside the relegated premier League teams.

Seen mentions of Rowett (could get you to the play offs but be prepared for lots of draws and seriously dull football) and Nathan Jones (High octane football but he should be sectioned).

Eustace would be a good manager to go for, but other than him are there many out there right now?

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, we are an attractive club and, in theory, a club who should have achieved a hell of a lot more over the last few decades.

However, as today's events may have illustrated, we'll continue to be a club "with potential" who achieve absolutely **** all whilst we have an owner who prioritises employing friends over employing winners.

Steve if your reading this but probably not as you show no interest in the football these days .. You have been asset  striping from our club for years can you please give Ashton gate stadium back to the football club and  leave the club , Even if we had had Pep Guardiola in charge he wouldnt be able to make a silk purse out of a cows arse please if you having any feeling for the club and supporters leave us now you are bringing the club down

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

I think, as fans we should be thankful for the hard work he has done, the job he has done and how he has had us stabilised during a transition. I remember even a few months ago @Davefevs even said he didn't think Pearson would be the person to lead us forward and he has not been alone with that feeling. I

Yep, I think it was gonna take time, longer than the “3 years to get us in a position”….”position” being the word, not necessarily “promoted”.  Getting around the a) play-offs, b) in the play-offs, and then c) promoted are different levels.  And it is getting from a to c that i thought might take too long, hence a succession plan replacement to give us the final shove.

• Like 1

Clearly major internal issues at the club. I hope the board have someone lined up or we could be down this season.  Never made it above midtable sadly with NP, 3 depressing seasons but I’m sad he’s gone.  Watching both Scott and Semenyo on weekend only shows this club is never going anywhere so better mentally for someone like NP to leave.  

• Like 1

I guess Nige was told by the hierarchy in recent weeks that results had to improve or he was out. Will be interesting to hear what he has to say about that same hierarchy as he’d have no fear of non-disclosure agreements with his contract where it was. 
I feel that he was the right man for the next few years and should have remained in situ. 
But managers come and go. We all support Bristol City and want success whoever is in charge. Just that the next boss might not get the empathy afforded to Nige. 
It seems the ownership of the Club is the next major story in the clubs history. Let’s hope the Lansdown family don’t make a mess of that. 

1 hour ago, Fammyfan said:

For me, it’s the timing of the decision that makes this worst. The decision has been made after back to back defeats with a squad that’s hanging on a shoe string.

In the circumstances, the performance have still been of a good standard, particularly when one was against high flying Ipswich.

We’re just about to go into 2 games against teams in and around the relegation zone. Had Nige been in charge, we would have been expected to have won these games.

It feels as though the board have decided to get rid of Nige before an upturn in form and it really makes me question the motives of the board.

Just to add - how many games was it without a win that LJ managed and still he was backed. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bredwood said:

He pretends to be different but Lansdown is just another Millionaire owner who doesn’t care what the fans who pay the money to keep the club alive think. He’s just a selfish egomaniac just like nearly all self made men. The sooner he leaves this club and sells up the better.

As for his feckless son, just another spoilt rich kid who treats everyone and everything as his plaything to be tossed aside when he loses interest.

Totally agree with this .  And he’s surrounded himself with sycophants. Seems the super rich can’t bare to have anyone challenge them.
Now we have no CEO , no manager - where’s the football leadership? Who is setting the strategy and standards? How we identifying players for the transfer window . This won’t change with a new head coach either . Be the same ol thing . 

I used to be glad we had a local business owner, but agree with other posters in that SL has taken us for a ride on his own narcissistic journey ; 

We don’t own our stadium and have to share it with a rugby team- this provides no benefit for BCFC 

We have a bunch of associated sporting teams in a convoluted ownership structure- this provides no benefit for BCFC 

The same ownership have a grand sporting quarter planned and own a load of land in ashton vale - this provides no benefit to BCFC 

For balance the training centre has been a great benefit , but even there we’ve seen no sign of the Semenyo and Scott money to help the team. 

And now they’ve got rid of the people that were actually installing standards and cohesion into the team, having cut huge costs. 

Will happily voice my displeasure on Saturday but we’re stuck with SL and his incompetent son until they decide to go.

Guess all we can do is loudly make our feelings known and hope they do one . 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

What the actual ****. Nigel has been key in changing the cosy culture at the club and now been given the bum’s rush . 
I really feel for the bloke he has been immense through some incredibly difficult times. 
I would like to think that Lansdown has an ace up his sleeve but I am not that confident.

Good luck Mr Pearson and thank you for giving us a team worth supporting in spite of all the brown stuff you have had to wade through. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What the actual ****. Nigel has been key in changing the cosy culture at the club and now been given the bum’s rush . 
I really feel for the bloke he has been immense through some incredibly difficult times. 
I would like to think that Lansdown has an ace up his sleeve but I am not that confident.

Good luck Mr Pearson and thank you for giving us a team worth supporting in spite of all the brown stuff you have had to wade through. 

I heard you'd orchestrated the whole thing Major. All because since NP appointment sales of your squeaky bum oil have nose-dived. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, The chief said:

Totally agree with this .  And he’s surrounded himself with sycophants. Seems the super rich can’t bare to have anyone challenge them.
Now we have no CEO , no manager - where’s the football leadership? Who is setting the strategy and standards? How we identifying players for the transfer window . This won’t change with a new head coach either . Be the same ol thing . 

I used to be glad we had a local business owner, but agree with other posters in that SL has taken us for a ride on his own narcissistic journey ; 

We don’t own our stadium and have to share it with a rugby team- this provides no benefit for BCFC 

We have a bunch of associated sporting teams in a convoluted ownership structure- this provides no benefit for BCFC 

The same ownership have a grand sporting quarter planned and own a load of land in ashton vale - this provides no benefit to BCFC 

For balance the training centre has been a great benefit , but even there we’ve seen no sign of the Semenyo and Scott money to help the team. 

And now they’ve got rid of the people that were actually installing standards and cohesion into the team, having cut huge costs. 

Will happily voice my displeasure on Saturday but we’re stuck with SL and his incompetent son until they decide to go.

Guess all we can do is loudly make our feelings known and hope they do one . 

As most will know on here, I’ve been anti Lansdown on here for many years because of the Bristol Sport bullshit. Killing this football club. At least most are now waking up to what Lansdown has been doing. I won’t be going down until there are new owners. Joke of a club.

Edited by fisherrich
  • Flames 2