IGNORED

Thank you Nige…

LondonBristolian

Do not merge. Keep this just for Nige.

It’s been a pleasure. You’ve sorted us out on and off the pitch an deserve better than what you received from the powers that be. No respect shown at all. 

I look forward to welcoming you back if you ever return. 

All the best. 

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, BritAbroad said:

Thank you for everything Nige. I think you did a great job with no backing. I hope you will get to return.

Thank you Nige , sorted out the tossers mess , on the cards from the time the Guernsey shit withheld the Scott money , will be always be looked on a great guy 

I didn't see him as a super manager as some on here, but he surely had a positive impact on our club/team, overall he did a good job and should have been supported more by the board.

I liked him and I'm gutted to see him leave at this stage. Thanks Nige and good luck.

Edited by Dan Robin

Thanks Nigel.Your leaving will be a big loss to our club.To be honest you deserve better than our backwards little club.Best wishes for your future particularly with your current health problems. Difficult to see how we will ever get a manager of your calibre again.Absolutely gutted you have gone.

• Like 1

If Nige does read this thread, then I for one would like to say thank-you.

Thanks-you for turning this club around on the pitch. Thank-you for making me proud to see a Bristol City side who fought, a Bristol City side who played together through thick & thin, a Bristol City side who if had the right investment I have no doubt would have gone on to great things.

Sadly, the vast majority of fans saw this coming, and we all wished it wasn't going to happen. You are better off out of the club, which incidentally I think is where a lot of Bristol City fans are now going to be, me included.

You can leave with your head held high, and with thanks and gratitude from a fanbase who recognised the very difficult things you achieved.

It's going to take a long time for us to forget the position you were put in.

Edited by kmpowell
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Incredibly disappointed but not surprised by our board. 

Thank you for clearing the dross, setting the correct culture and providing faith in our youth set up.

Whilst sometimes short on a bit of quality, we have an eleven who do battle to the death. Should be a minimum but something we’d not been accustomed to.

• Like 1

Nige did a great job turning the club around, the whole culture of it and had to do the best with a bad hand he was dealt in terms of budgets, recruitment and having to bring through younger players, no way should have been let go. Genuinely needs to be a proper Q&A where the Lansdowns should have to front up to some tough questions but there won't be.

• Like 2

Thank you Nigel and those who are leaving with you.

You did your best to transform us from the "Never have been" to a proper football club like those who have by-passed us on their way up.

I cannot see how anyone can replace you and do any better unless the owners start thinking like those in charge at Brighton, Brentford, Bournemouth etc.

But as that is wishful thinking, it'll be back to local league derby's!!!!!

Thank you Nige. A truly remarkable job from the utter farce you inherited with no money or backing.

The Ashton/Johnson period had really tested my my love for the club, but having a thoroughly decent and honest bloke as yourself made me proud to be a city fan again. The team and squad are unrecognisable from the half hearted wasters you inherited.

The thick *** that owns us never deserved you.

Hope you get better soon as well and you can get back to fighting wolves.

Thanks Nige. You sorted out the mess left behind by Johnson and Ashton and got us playing with pride in the shirt.

Gutted you weren’t allowed to continue with the solid foundations you’d laid

LANSDOWNS OUT now please and let someone in who can use the fan base and catchment area this club has it it’s disposal  

• Like 1

No doubt he was committed & did a decent job, under the restraints given to him & has had a shocking injury crisis to deal with.

Seems very strange timing.

Hard to think of anyone who will be "better" in the circumstances - unless he's made it clear he won't be staying beyond the end of this season & needed replacing at some point anyway.